ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to double check, are all items, materials, weapons and armor translated in this? Same for quest objectives? Just wondering if there's anything that's going to obstruct someone enjoying all the game has to offer.

Darkdawn665

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys first of all thanks for the awesome translation.
I wanted to ask do you risk a ban while playing an english patched version online in europe?
Because I heard people were banned from pokemon sun and moon cause they played online before the release date :\
Well those are two different things.... Your friend play a game that was not officially release so of course he got ban. And no you won't get ban for playing with this patch. It's only a translation patch so their no reason to get banned.

Reactions: Akrosmex

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So to double check, are all items, materials, weapons and armor translated in this? Same for quest objectives? Just wondering if there's anything that's going to obstruct someone enjoying all the game has to offer.

Yes. The only thing not translated are basically dialogues, but honestly who gives a fuck, they're pointless.

Phanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since MHX and MHXX don't have Hiryu and Lodestar armor, if you keep them armor in XX, you will get crashed everytime you move to those armors/weapon.
Solution:
-make a backup of your MHG data.
-go to MHG and delete Hiryu armors, Lodestar armors, Lodestar SnS. You can keep the Hiryu DB tho (Light Sword Cipher), it will turn into another DB in MHXX lol. Save the game.
-open data converter, copy character from MHG to MHX.
-restore backup of your MHG data to recover deleted armors.
-delete current MHXX ext data.
-start MHXX again, transfer data from X to XX again.

Can I just manually delete the armors or do I have to do it in gen first?

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"- run NTR Selector (BootNTR is outdated)"

You've lost me at this step. Are you saying I need to update my CFW or something? I've never had to do anything like this before with other games so I'm at a loss.

As I wasn't sure if this was a necessary step, I downloaded MHXX, then downloaded the MH patcher thingy and waited while it installed. After that I just tried running the game, and while the game ran fine, it was still in Japanese. Not sure what I should do to correct this. I'd be surprised if I need to use the NTR patcher thingy just to make it so that the game will recognize the patch. I would think I'd need it to play the game in general, since it's a newer game.

Last edited by Mavsynchroid,
D

Deleted User

"- run NTR Selector (BootNTR is outdated)"

You've lost me at this step. Are you saying I need to update my CFW or something? I've never had to do anything like this before with other games so I'm at a loss.

As I wasn't sure if this was a necessary step, I downloaded MHXX, then downloaded the MH patcher thingy and waited while it installed. After that I just tried running the game, and while the game ran fine, it was still in Japanese. Not sure what I should do to correct this. I'd be surprised if I need to use the NTR patcher thingy just to make it so that the game will recognize the patch. I would think I'd need it to play the game in general, since it's a newer game.
NTR Selector is an app that you can download from FBI's titledb, all you need to do is install it, set up the default paths, then run it.

Lapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not everything. Useless stuff like dialogues and a few item descriptions are still in Japanese. Everything else, the most important things, are basically all translated.
One thing I'd still like translated are villager request rewards, I don't have any idea what half the unlocks are, only ingredients are announced in english

Lioreuz

Trophies
XP
Country
since MHX and MHXX don't have Hiryu and Lodestar armor, if you keep them armor in XX, you will get crashed everytime you move to those armors/weapon.
Solution:
-make a backup of your MHG data.
-go to MHG and delete Hiryu armors, Lodestar armors, Lodestar SnS. You can keep the Hiryu DB tho (Light Sword Cipher), it will turn into another DB in MHXX lol. Save the game.
-open data converter, copy character from MHG to MHX.
-restore backup of your MHG data to recover deleted armors.
-delete current MHXX ext data.
-start MHXX again, transfer data from X to XX again.

Actually Lodestar SnS will turn into a 320 purple sharp 3 slots +60 def SnS too.

007420MasterJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how u can get this working with HANS? I'm on 11.3 and am just playing the game threw the region free launcher. I saw earlier in the thread something about patching a romfs.bin, however a Google search as to what exactly this is yields me no resuslts. And please, no one reply with "buy an 11.2 3ds and mod it" as that is not an option for me at this time, thank you.

Malugashu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for this !

I would like to know if the save data from mhxx might be transfered to the US/EUR version of the game when it eventually comes out, or should I start another playthrough ?

Crevox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Capcom is doing a patch for the game to fix the weapon crafting issue and to modify the save data format somehow.

How will the English patch be affected?

ShinyDarkrai47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone tell me is it possible to continuing my MHX [usa] save file into this ?

If you download the MHX/Gen save manager, you can copy characters from X(JPN) to Gen(USA and EUR) and vice versa. This requires you to have saves for both games (you need to have opened them and let them create extra data). When you start MHXX, it will ask if you want to transfer MHX save data. Only MHX will be recognized, not MHGen.

Reactions: miraclaime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge