ROM Hack [Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHXX MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't in anyway this tool's fault. For the steps, only started happening when I receive GQ from Japanese players then check them later. Luckily Im always doing backups so I only lose a few hr's

Do you use the English patch or is the game otherwise un-modded?

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use the English patch or is the game otherwise un-modded?

OP, just found out the culprit behind this bug. It was the Eng patch. There is a manual way to bug your guild card(but i believe that there's a lot of way to trigger the bug)

1.do a weapon training quest
2.abandon it
3.check your guild card and crash.

i did the same with the untouched game and none of these bugs persisted.
I reported it to their thread. Apparently there's a solution by doing clearing your hunter's log. You will have to do 10 quests. I haven't tried this but it's supposed to work.

I'm really sorry for suspecting your tool! T___T

Last edited by drickmel,

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, just found out the culprit behind this bug. It was the Eng patch. There is a manual way to bug your guild card(but i believe that there's a lot of way to trigger the bug)

1.do a weapon training quest
2.abandon it
3.check your guild card and crash.

i did the same with the untouched game and none of these bugs persisted.
I reported it to their thread. Apparently there's a solution by doing clearing your hunter's log. You will have to do 10 quests. I haven't tried this but it's supposed to work.

I'm really sorry for suspecting your tool! T___T

No worries, glad you found out what was causing it.
At least there's a pretty simple solution to fixing the bug.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanted to report a little bug:
If I try to reopen the editor and reload a save it says:
"The DataGridViewComboBoxCell-Value is invalid"

Any idea why?

Funnily, if I delete the file and unpack it again, it works for one use just fine but does the same afterwards.

Edit: The main issue seems to lie in the config-file, 'cuz after closing the program, replacing the "newly edited" config with one from the zip fixes it. Specifically, it happens, if I change the Data Language from Japanese-signs to English.

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor,
Reactions: jc28735250

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to report a little bug:
If I try to reopen the editor and reload a save it says:
"The DataGridViewComboBoxCell-Value is invalid"

Any idea why?

Funnily, if I delete the file and unpack it again, it works for one use just fine but does the same afterwards.

Edit: The main issue seems to lie in the config-file, 'cuz after closing the program, replacing the "newly edited" config with one from the zip fixes it. Specifically, it happens, if I change the Data Language from Japanese-signs to English.

It turns out that my version changing code added a subtle change to the way the config was loaded and bugged the language switching feature.
Oops, my bad.

The newly uploaded v0.4.0.1 should fix this issue, and allow the language settings to persist across sessions.
Thanks for the bug feedback!

PS. if anyone else finds bugs please do reply as this is the only place I'm getting feedback on this app.

Reactions: Coffee Prosecutor

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the talisman editor works with USA/EUR version of MHGen?

Edit: Tested with USA version for 1st save file. Works surprisingly well. Haven't try with 2nd or 3rd save file.

This is awesome news, thanks for the effort!
I will still probably release a new version to properly use the official English skill names since the previous ones were fan translations.

Reactions: solidsword2013

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warning: v0.4.0.1 works for the most part for MHGen, but it fails on the third character.

Still investigating and fixing this bug but for now characters 1 and 2 appear to be OK.

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm still new to all this. I've been using APM's MHG editor. Does this one work the same way? Load up the file that's exported by JK's save manager, make the edit, and import back to the system?

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is there a full Talisman list anywhere?
I know there's more possible combinations (sometimes lower rank talismans can get better skill combos). But sitting there trying different values one by one takes forever.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a full Talisman list anywhere?
I know there's more possible combinations (sometimes lower rank talismans can get better skill combos). But sitting there trying different values one by one takes forever.
It's not quite clear to me what you mean. You can just select any 2 skills and adjust the level as you wish.
If the level becomes red then that means it likely won't be allowed in game; if you attempt to load such a talisman it will show as a blank one with no skills.
If the skill you want can't get a high enough level for your needs, try adjusting the talisman grade as this tends to change the limit quite a bit; as a general rule the biggest difference occurs at Rare 4.
In any case there isn't a full list anywhere because it's not pre-determined; everything is randomly generated when you acquire a new talisman.

In general skills can be categorized by their rarity. Rare skills tend only to appear in higher grade talisman, and the rarest can only be found in the second skill slot, never the first (such as handicraft and the deviant skills). Lower rarity skills tend to have higher skill levels in lower-grade talisman, and some skills even are exclusive to low-grade talisman (such as Whim)

Last edited by jc28735250,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone