• Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
I try downloading manga and it says: Error: [string "?"]:896: opening url
Any help?

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea at all. All I can say is make sure you're connected to the internet and entering the manga name correctly.

hypershadic661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay. I updated to the latest version and other than an occasional no internet error, everything works just fine. I greatly appreciate your attempts to help me, though.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated this with the new build of lpp-3ds.
Rinnegatamante made a lot of stuff better.
Hey, thanks for this! I tried the older version earlier and it installed but never showed up in home menu. Is there a link for the one you just updated?

edit: nevermind, I'm dumb and didn't realize the OP had been edited with the new version

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chapter downloading seems to break the readability with default settings- it tries to load, say, /Manga/pokemon-special/1.jpg but the downloader seems to store them in, say, /Manga/pokemon-special/chapter-1/1.jpg. Perhaps you could change this by adding a menu to read from chapters?

D

Deleted User

OP
The chapter downloading seems to break the readability with default settings- it tries to load, say, /Manga/pokemon-special/1.jpg but the downloader seems to store them in, say, /Manga/pokemon-special/chapter-1/1.jpg. Perhaps you could change this by adding a menu to read from chapters?
Press X to open something as a folder rathar than an actual manga.
Pressing X when pokemon-special is selected will bring you inside of that folder so you can select chapter-1.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it working now, this is great thanks! Any plans/possibility to add a zoom feature?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible, sorry.
Why, though? Is it a LPP limitation? Official 3DS manga apps can do it.

Press X to open something as a folder rathar than an actual manga.
Pressing X when pokemon-special is selected will bring you inside of that folder so you can select chapter-1.
Oddly enough... that doesn't want to work either - even though a 1.jpg etc is indeed inside the chapter-1 folder.

D

Deleted User

OP
Why, though? Is it a LPP limitation? Official 3DS manga apps can do it.

Oddly enough... that doesn't want to work either - even though a 1.jpg etc is indeed inside the chapter-1 folder.

I think it's a 3ds limitation, but I'm actually not sure now.
The only way I know of to scale an image is to load it as a GPU texture. And the 3ds can't load GPU textures that are too big. 800x1200 didn't work for me.
Maybe they load multiple smaller GPU images. I'm not sure how I could do that without splitting the image up. If loading multiple smaller GPU images works, I may be able to modify GYTB's image splitting source code and make an image chopper or something. Actually no. I can't program in c.

As for your downloading problem, I don't know. Try redownloading it.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
I tried (and failed) to download 2 other mangas - none work.
As long as there's no network errors, it will work.
I tested Pokemon Special myself.

One day, I'll get around to making it retry instead of instantly quitting when there's a network error.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as there's no network errors, it will work.
I tested Pokemon Special myself.

One day, I'll get around to making it retry instead of instantly quitting when there's a network error.
Odd. Is it an issue with the CIA version?

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since I used the second version before now, I had not tried to use the download option until yesterday. I used the program to get the next chapter of what I was reading and everything went good until I tried to open it. MangaReader fails to show the pages every time I want to start a chapter downloaded through the last version. All chapters downloaded before I updated the homebrew are readable. (I even erased an old folder to download the chapter again and it became unreadable).

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Isn't it possible to auto detect the format of pictures?
Or at least provide selection of options on this Image type,it is very strange that you have to do it manually,
I haven't seen any pictutre reader has such setting.

D

Deleted User

OP
Since I used the second version before now, I had not tried to use the download option until yesterday. I used the program to get the next chapter of what I was reading and everything went good until I tried to open it. MangaReader fails to show the pages every time I want to start a chapter downloaded through the last version. All chapters downloaded before I updated the homebrew are readable. (I even erased an old folder to download the chapter again and it became unreadable).
That's weird. Try redownloading the chapter. And if it still doesn't work, try checking your SD card to see if the files exist and are fine. (Just so I can know more.)

If you can't figure it out, you can use an older version.
Every single version I've released is in a Dropbox folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q07f4h7vfvkhnkn/AABODYh27Oyua1Qh-E224cA9a?dl=0

Isn't it possible to auto detect the format of pictures?
Or at least provide selection of options on this Image type,it is very strange that you have to do it manually,
I haven't seen any pictutre reader has such setting.
Yes, it would. Very possible, and I will do it eventually. It'll be some sort of auto detect feature that'll detect the number of useless zeros (up to 5), and the file type.

It may take me a day or two to implement because it's not the weekend anymore.

I'll probably make it so you press Y when you've selected a folder to open the mini-menu, and then you just press auto-detect or something. Then it saves the options.

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a question i made a folder and accidently put one space before i put the name, let's just say the files corrupt and i can't delete it

D

Deleted User

OP
i got a question i made a folder and accidently put one space before i put the name, let's just say the files corrupt and i can't delete it

Put the sd card in a computer and delete it that way or something. I didn't program deletion properly because I'm a giant idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2