ROM Hack [Release] Kuriimu - A general purpose game translation toolkit for authors of fan translations.

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any forks for this tool or better tools ?
I'm interested in unpacking digimon decode 3ds to update the textures into hd, and also translating medabots 3ds using a AI translation language cluster I've got beta access too.
Kuriimu 1 and 2 were written to be plugin expandable on purpose. If you need to support a format that's not already working, just load the project in Visual Studio and write a new plugin for your files.

Hosaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
i translated a file with kuriimu but i got none of the installed plugins are able to open this file error, Any help?

I found the issue, its code...

Last edited by Hosaf,

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, sorry to bother but for some reason, kuriimu2 can load bflim/bxlim files but can't save over them for some reason.
Did you report the issue on github? The plugin might also not support saving at this time.
Post automatically merged:

i translated a file with kuriimu but i got none of the installed plugins are able to open this file error, Any help?

I found the issue, its code...
That means that the file you are trying to open is not handled by any available plugins and can't be edited.

basedgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anybody explain how to extract and edit the Game & Wario word list for the game Sketch? The file is msbt.warc.fzip. Been interested in doing this for a long time.

MeleeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I click on the links for Kukki and Karameru, they just redirect me to Kuriimu. Are both those programs bundled in with Kuriimu and I just can't find them?

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry for posting this when this may have already been asked, but there are 33 pages of info here. How do I use this program on my Mac computer? I don't really know where to start. I downloaded both Mac folders, but it appears the only file that looks like an application cannot be opened.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am sorry for posting this when this may have already been asked, but there are 33 pages of info here. How do I use this program on my Mac computer? I don't really know where to start. I downloaded both Mac folders, but it appears the only file that looks like an application cannot be opened.
This program was never targeted towards MacOs. Therefore, no official ways to execute it on MacOs exist.

Volodyas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hello, is it possible to use your program to pack png in stex?
Post automatically merged:

Hello, is it possible to use your program to pack png in stex?

Volodyas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
If the program can open stex files, then it may be possible to inject a png into it.
The problem is that the image was purchased in stex format, but when I decoded it, it was png. I changed what I needed, but now I don't know how to encode it in stex, maybe you have information on this.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that the image was purchased in stex format, but when I decoded it, it was png. I changed what I needed, but now I don't know how to encode it in stex, maybe you have information on this.
Normally the same program that decoded it to png, can encode it back to stex again.

LuisEduardoT

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there! I've been trying to figure out Kuriimu lately. I'm a translator working on a master's degree final project, and I need help on exporting text strings from .mbst files to any other format (preferably .csv or similar). Is this doable with Kuriimu? I managed to open the files on Kuriimu 1, but not on Kuriimu 2. I'd be really greateful if you could lend me a hand, I'm new to romhacking and it's being a hell of a ride haha.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there! I've been trying to figure out Kuriimu lately. I'm a translator working on a master's degree final project, and I need help on exporting text strings from .mbst files to any other format (preferably .csv or similar). Is this doable with Kuriimu? I managed to open the files on Kuriimu 1, but not on Kuriimu 2. I'd be really greateful if you could lend me a hand, I'm new to romhacking and it's being a hell of a ride haha.
The only fixed format supported to export text from Kuriimu is an XML variant. This is done to preserve as much information as possible from various text formats and make them potentially compatible with other CAT tools.

If you want the text in different formats, you have to parse the XML and write it into a desired CSV structure yourself.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if any Kuriimu developers read this thread, but the Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates felistella plugin is unable to open the switch version of the textures. They're in the same tex_vita format, but it gives an error when opening the switch versions. The vita version of the tex_vita format open fine

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if any Kuriimu developers read this thread, but the Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates felistella plugin is unable to open the switch version of the textures. They're in the same tex_vita format, but it gives an error when opening the switch versions. The vita version of the tex_vita format open fine
Kuriimu is no longer supported, so this will not be fixed.

kiwi_urs

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I can't use kuriimu to change a couple .xs files from the level 5 game, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. I've already downloaded the plugin on .xs file and it worked, but it won't change some files specifically. Please help meeeeeeee:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto