Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,835,736
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

TooBusy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I want to use this so bad... any homebrew options for old 3ds other than freakyforms atm (11.33ver)? I have a bunch of secondary exploit games, but I'm not sure what the requirement "having a previously exploited system" means exactly.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, I want to use this so bad... any homebrew options for old 3ds other than freakyforms atm (11.33ver)? I have a bunch of secondary exploit games, but I'm not sure what the requirement "having a previously exploited system" means exactly.
It's exactly what you read. If you use a secondary exploit you're going to need a 3DS that already can run homebrews to alter the save or a PowerSave to inject a save previously created for your system version to the game.

tobias89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry guys, I've got a question here. Hopefully its not been repeated.

I have 2 devices (both "old" 3DS XL). One's modded (recently, running LUNA and A9LH), and the other isn't. Unfortunately my MH Generations is played on the unmodded unit. Is it possible to somehow extract the save data on the modded unit? If so, how?

*Edit
Forgot to mention that I did try to just install the mod files onto the sd card from the unmodded unit, load it into the modded unit and install+run jksm but it didnt work.

Also, I know JKSM works with the local save data that I did a test on.

Last edited by tobias89,

TooBusy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's exactly what you read. If you use a secondary exploit you're going to need a 3DS that already can run homebrews to alter the save or a PowerSave to inject a save previously created for your system version to the game.
Ah, alright! I do have a powersave, so in that case I would not have to buy freakyforms since I have a secondary exploit game correct? Thanks for the response.

Binchi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i would to ask if its possible to use a save file or ext data from another system that was copied straight from nintendo 3ds folder or would the original system have to extract it with the save manager for me to use it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
@JK_ : I know you have been busy but would it be possible to add the ability to extract 0x000200BB savedata since that is where all the browser data is on the New 3DS (and apparently where the browser update stuff is on the o3ds as well)?

Last edited by nl255,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I was going to create a 7-21 branch with updated code for those of you who like to build it yourself until I'm 100% satisfied with it, but now my cat has decided I must pet him and is making it very difficult to type. Maybe later?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@JK_ : I know you have been busy but would it be possible to add the ability to extract 0x000200BB savedata since that is where all the browser data is on the New 3DS (and apparently where the browser update stuff is on the o3ds as well)?
Are you running windows? If so, I can send you my cache reader and you can add it to the end of your nand titles file. I'm pretty sure that worked last time I tried.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I was going to create a 7-21 branch with updated code for those of you who like to build it yourself until I'm 100% satisfied with it, but now my cat has decided I must pet him and is making it very difficult to type. Maybe later?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you running windows? If so, I can send you my cache reader and you can add it to the end of your nand titles file. I'm pretty sure that worked last time I tried.

Was L and R used for auto-date save files removed? or is that a drawback of implementing some of the new stuff?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was L and R used for auto-date save files removed? or is that a drawback of implementing some of the new stuff?
Yes. You can set initial text, but unless I'm missing something, I don't see anyway to modify what's in there after you call swkbdInputText. I just see a word filter callback, but maybe I'm wrong. I didn't go through all of the code.

Another possibility is to have it auto fill according to what's held before the keyboard pops up.

Last edited by JK_,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Japanese Kanji input is now possible,congratulations!

Attachments

• mrg_0003.jpg
    mrg_0003.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: AtlasFontaine

Suiseiseki

Trophies
XP
Country
Going to give the new version a try since the old one failed to extract the JP Etrian Odyssey V's demo save file (error opening save archive).

Update - Well, still having the same error opening save archive error with the newest one.

Last edited by Suiseiseki,

deadman1368

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Look at the link in my sig:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi thanks for the link, I just tried downgrading it successfully but when I use JKSM, the same problem occurred. I was wondering is it because I I did not use the CIA version as I'm using the 3dsx version or is it because of my method. I played the game on my 3ds(11.0) first then transfer the sd card and cart to 2ds for save management. Is it not possible to do that?

Last edited by deadman1368,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to give the new version a try since the old one failed to extract the JP Etrian Odyssey V's demo save file (error opening save archive).

Update - Well, still having the same error opening save archive error with the newest one.
Can you refresh games and see if it works? If it does, it's because of how I read the info from the file. I can fix this easily, but it would break everyone's current title cache.

Suiseiseki

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you refresh games and see if it works? If it does, it's because of how I read the info from the file. I can fix this easily, but it would break everyone's current title cache.

Yeah, I tried refreshing it, still comes up with the same error.

If you need it, the title name shows up in the menu as "(Demo) Etrian Odyssey V"

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks for the link, I just tried downgrading it successfully but when I use JKSM, the same problem occurred. I was wondering is it because I I did not use the CIA version as I'm using the 3dsx version or is it because of my method. I played the game on my 3ds(11.0) first then transfer the sd card and cart to 2ds for save management. Is it not possible to do that?
You should finish the entire process and setup A9LH then use the CIA version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated