Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,836,046
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

VFlea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the same movable.sed encryption (AKA: the same system, or one you System Transferred to) just move the data from the old card to the new using any computer.
If not, then just extract the data using JKSM, then move it, then reinstall it. Don't forget the exdata!
Well, I copied the whole Nintendo 3DS folder from my Old SD, hwich has the original sysNand from the 3DS, pasted on my New SD Card. When I go into JKSM, I went into "SD/CIA", then "Pokémon Omega Ruby", selected it. Then I went on "Browse SD for Data" and selected the folder and copied it all. I did the same for "Extra Data Options". Then when I go into "Import Save" I recieve the following message: "didn't find ay data to import!", the same thing happens when I go into "Import ExtData".

Any idea of hat I'm doing wrong?

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I copied the whole Nintendo 3DS folder from my Old SD, hwich has the original sysNand from the 3DS, pasted on my New SD Card. When I go into JKSM, I went into "SD/CIA", then "Pokémon Omega Ruby", selected it. Then I went on "Browse SD for Data" and selected the folder and copied it all. I did the same for "Extra Data Options". Then when I go into "Import Save" I recieve the following message: "didn't find ay data to import!", the same thing happens when I go into "Import ExtData".

Any idea of hat I'm doing wrong?
You have to open the game and get to the title screen first, that way it creates the save directories.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know how to import friends list, streetpass mii plaza, and mii plaza to another 3ds using this? Just restoring a backup from the old 3ds does not seem to work.

Kalmaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I feel kinda bad for asking this but I've looked all over for how to use this thing and I can't find any answers anywhere.
The first page says you don't need homebrew but I'm not seeing how to actually extract data. I moved the files you have listed to download to my SD card but... not sure what to do after that.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I feel kinda bad for asking this but I've looked all over for how to use this thing and I can't find any answers anywhere.
The first page says you don't need homebrew but I'm not seeing how to actually extract data. I moved the files you have listed to download to my SD card but... not sure what to do after that.
You need either Homebrew or CFW to use this.

Kalmaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need either Homebrew or CFW to use this.
Oh, well then maybe I misread things then. When you say CFW, what do you mean exactly? If it's homebrew that I have to do then that's fine, not sure how to do that yet but I'm sure there's a guide online or something.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well then maybe I misread things then. When you say CFW, what do you mean exactly? If it's homebrew that I have to do then that's fine, not sure how to do that yet but I'm sure there's a guide online or something.
CFW is custom firmware, which you can't get if you're on the latest firmware. Here is a list of exploits that can be used to access the Homebrew Launcher.

Kalmaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW is custom firmware, which you can't get if you're on the latest firmware. Here is a list of exploits that can be used to access the Homebrew Launcher.
Ahhh, I see one exists for my omega ruby game, there's hope yet!
Okay so I assume once I do this hack to get into homebrew it will just find my data and everything else is self explanatory?

Thanks for taking the time to help btw.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, I see one exists for my omega ruby game, there's hope yet!
Okay so I assume once I do this hack to get into homebrew it will just find my data and everything else is self explanatory?

Thanks for taking the time to help btw.
You need another system with Homebrew access to set up basehaxx for ORAS. Just do some reading on basehaxx and how to set it up. Then on how to access the Homebrew Launcher through basehaxx. When you finally access the Homebrew Launcher, open JKSM, select the game you want to extract your save from, and then follow the instructions inside of JKSM.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Kalmaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need another system with Homebrew access to set up basehaxx for ORAS. Just do some reading on basehaxx and how to set it up. Then on how to access the Homebrew Launcher through basehaxx. When you finally access the Homebrew Launcher, open JKSM, select the game you want to extract your save from, and then follow the instructions inside of JKSM.

Uh oh, I need another system, can't do this on one 3ds?

Kalmaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need access to the Homebrew Launcher to run the basehaxx installer, and that system needs to be on 11.1.0-34 or lower, unfortunately.
Oh shoot and I JUST updated my game without thinking about t. I think my baby brother's hasn't been updated yet so I should be good.
Assuming that I can do that though, seems like the rest is self explanatory. I'm looking at the instructions for ORAS and I already have everything pretty much set up so I should be good I believe.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shoot and I JUST updated my game without thinking about t. I think my baby brother's hasn't been updated yet so I should be good.
Assuming that I can do that though, seems like the rest is self explanatory. I'm looking at the instructions for ORAS and I already have everything pretty much set up so I should be good I believe.
Hopefully you get it all worked out :)

AntiMach

Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. Recently, I have been trying to edit a Pokémon Picross save file using this save manager and using the right XML file with the special boot.3dsx.
I managed to successfully edit the save file and gave myself 65535 Picrites (I believe that's how many I have since the HEX value for it is FFFF, however, I'm not sure if that's the case since I always displaying 9999 picrites), but I was only able to do it on an older 3ds I have that has the menuhax exploit for version 11.0.
However, once I tried doing the same on my 2ds (firmware 11.2) using stickerhax, JKSM Pokebank, mmap and the special boot.3dsx file, but it just keeps giving me a yellow screen (or, how I like to call it, the YBSoD, short for Yellow Bottom Screen of Death). I also tried to export it through the SD/CIA option, which allowed me to select the options, but keeps giving me the following error (Error opening save archive: E0E046BE). I need help please!

MrJane

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know why JDSK would work once and then stop? I was getting the yellow screen error, so I downloaded the dbgen-xml files and the boot file that comes with them. I re-did the QR codes to get into homebrew launcher. I got in and loaded up JKSM and it worked! I exported my save from Bravely Second. I did my HEX editing, saved the file and then went through the process again the import the file back into the game. But, now every time I try to load JKSM, I get the yellow screen again.

Any thought? Suggestions? Thanks for you time.

AntiMach

Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know why JDSK would work once and then stop? I was getting the yellow screen error, so I downloaded the dbgen-xml files and the boot file that comes with them. I re-did the QR codes to get into homebrew launcher. I got in and loaded up JKSM and it worked! I exported my save from Bravely Second. I did my HEX editing, saved the file and then went through the process again the import the file back into the game. But, now every time I try to load JKSM, I get the yellow screen again.

Any thought? Suggestions? Thanks for you time.
On what firmware does your 3ds run on? From what I know, on firmware 11.1 I was able to load "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" just fine when using JKSM, but once I updated my system to 11.2 it stopped working... That might be the issue you are having, just like what used to happen if you tried to load Pokémon OR/AS, although, this is just a possibility and I could be totally wrong.

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a database of saves online for 3DS games (no need to link, I'm just curious)? I lost my saves for a few games unfortunately in the hacking process and it would be nice to get back to where I was rather than slum through the story.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a database of saves online for 3DS games (no need to link, I'm just curious)? I lost my saves for a few games unfortunately in the hacking process and it would be nice to get back to where I was rather than slum through the story.
There's not a database, unfortunately.

MrJane

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On what firmware does your 3ds run on? From what I know, on firmware 11.1 I was able to load "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" just fine when using JKSM, but once I updated my system to 11.2 it stopped working... That might be the issue you are having, just like what used to happen if you tried to load Pokémon OR/AS, although, this is just a possibility and I could be totally wrong.

I'm still running 11.1. I skipped the most recent update (to try to prevent problems like this...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya