Homebrew [Release] Homebr3w - Simple Homebrew browser and installer

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps queue submissions for approval? Could even show unapproved games in separate list if you don't want them hidden, then at least users could decide if they want to risk downloading some random software that could be an SD formatter for all they know.

There's a rewrite of the backend in progress that actually ties adding/editing of software entries to a user login, but I'm trying to hold off on switching out to that version until I've finished up some of the other new features that I want in it as well though.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It seems we've got a joker that keeps adding those undertale rickrolls. Hes on RR cable out of the Syracuse, NY area, actual home IP is: cpe-108-176-241-222.twcny.res.rr.com though he thinks he's being sneaky using a proxy from the Netherlands.

I'll follow up with his ISP if it continues to be a problem.
How did you find out his actual IP? And what could his ISP do?

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you find out his actual IP? And what could his ISP do?
Proxies aren't enough to hide who you are on the internet, they just make things a bit more complicated. And I'd expect that repeatedly going around firewall blocks to gain unauthorized access to a web server is more than enough against RR's acceptable use policy to get an account terminated, if that's what it will take.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a second... What's the QR code for? It's not like we can install homebrew directly to the 3DS from a QR code, right? Or am I that far behind on homebrew?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I installed this (cia) the other day and it worked fine for a couple of days, but now it says "Failed to download library! Unable to continue, please try restarting the app and try again." - it says the same every time, and I've tried uninstalling, deleting the homebr3w directory from the sd, and installing fresh from the latest cia. Any ideas?

Wolvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I installed this (cia) the other day and it worked fine for a couple of days, but now it says "Failed to download library! Unable to continue, please try restarting the app and try again." - it says the same every time, and I've tried uninstalling, deleting the homebr3w directory from the sd, and installing fresh from the latest cia. Any ideas?
Which version of Homebr3w are you using?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what library files are in Homebr3w/Libraries on your SD?
Just dkjson.lua

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...I checked the source, am trying putting the other two library files in there manually.

...Yeah that seems to have fixed it :)

Oh one last thing, @Rinnegatamante 's (discontinued) 3DSurfer app has the same title id as a real eshop game, Picross e3 - so Homebr3w thinks I've got 3DSurfer installed when I haven't :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just noticed a strange behavior. On my Old and New 3DS, in the settings screen, the order of options is different. 1.4.0 installed on both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3