[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Jake336612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the MD5 of your Launcher on SDNAND?
Check by going to this site.
I have done some digging and have another question. So without an sd plugged in, my dsi boots to the unlaunch screen, but then, if I click any button, shows "an error has occured". Any way to fix this?

Jake336612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly would I do that? just clicked the link provided in this guide: https://dsiguide.me/unlaunch_(TempNand)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and it downloaded the unlaunch 7z
To update unlaunch, download the latest installer here, place "unlaunch.dsi" on the SD root, rename it to "bootcode.dsi", turn on your DSi, then install Unlaunch.

Jake336612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update unlaunch, download the latest installer here, place "unlaunch.dsi" on the SD root, rename it to "bootcode.dsi", turn on your DSi, then install Unlaunch.
so I just installed the new one as you said, but once I power on my dsi, I am greeted with the unlaunch screen, then if I click any button, it still shows me "an error has occurred"

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I just installed the new one as you said, but once I power on my dsi, I am greeted with the unlaunch screen, then if I click any button, it still shows me "an error has occurred"
Try restoring pre-Unlaunch NAND, then install Unlaunch again.
As for your Hiya issue, what size is your SD card?

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Two DSi units (one XL)

Followed the guide at http://dsi.cfw.guide

Both have 4gb SD cards. Both have the same issue. White screen after the HiyaCFW splash that eventually gives the standard error message. Both will boot to menu if I pull the SD card.
you have to partition them so that they only use 2gb, instead of 4gb, thats what worked for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...