Homebrew [Release] GYTB: Custom badges made really, really, simple.

Jaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working, thanks!

I have run into a very peculiar problem though. Something that has not been mentioned as of yet (and I read all 26 pages in this thread just to be sure). I have 7 normal badges on the home menu, 2 system app badges and one folder badge. A grand total of 10.

But when I try to add another badge, it tells me "You've reached the limit of how many tupes of badges you can use to decorate the HOME Menu at one time. You cannot decorate with any more badge types". Now, I know I have 50+ badges on my other 3DS through badge arcade, so what gives? I imagine if this was a limit imposed by GYTB, others would have brought it up by now, no?

*EDIT*
Think I discovered the source of the issue, in case anyone else experiences this problem. Apparently, badges count toward the 300 icon limit on the home menu. I had roughly 58 pages of games in settings, allowing just 10 more before capping out.

I find this limit, over and over and over again, to be an extremely annoying and bothersome nuisance. Now I have to choose- games or badges, and being a system to play games you already know which is going to the chopping block. Still, I'll try to make room for at least a few key badges for settings, eshop, and a folder badge for my extras. And I gotta have 3 Pikmin being chased by a Bulborb- I mean, that's just non-negotiable.

Last edited by Jaxon,

Tgaming548

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever GYTB tries to write to extdata, I get a system crash. My firmware is 11.1, a9lh, 2DS. I have a custom theme installed and I don't have much SD card space left, but I don't think extdata is stored on the SD card?
Edit: I was also trying to install 900+ badges at once lol.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@MrCheeze

I get the same error as @ianolivia, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ELF", the lines before that go very fast but the last ones, the ones that stay on screen, are:

error 79: failed to open file for writing
rgb565ToPng? 0000004f
badges/Pixel Colection badge.332c.0.png
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ELF. 0000004f

I tried to remove all (Nintendo Badge Arcade) badges from the Home Menu, reboot the system many times and run GYTB many times as well. I have no idea what it doesn't work for me. I tried both CIA and Homebrew Channel.

Also, can I erase Nintendo Badge Arcade (11.2.0)?

Thank you.

EDIT: Weird. Now they appear, I will check a few more times just in case. Also, I was wondering if it's possible to get rid of the Nintendo Arcade's badges that I don't really like/use because they are taking a lot of space in the Badges menu. Any ideas, anyone? Maybe an old vesion of GYTB if available?

I also tried pressing X+Y+L+R when starting GYTB but next time I try to use it, it re-dumps ALL Nintendo badges.

Last edited by Waveracer,

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I ran into what I believe is a small issue. I loaded all images and such and ran the application and it goes to add the badges i am assuming and when it's finished I get a freeze and it just sits and I have to hard boot the 3ds and their is no results.

I'm on 11.1 firmware and am using Ninjhax as an entry point and use my application through the HBL. How that extra info helps.

Attachments

• 1479202847006693570502.jpg
    1479202847006693570502.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 630

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, I ran into what I believe is a small issue. I loaded all images and such and ran the application and it goes to add the badges i am assuming and when it's finished I get a freeze and it just sits and I have to hard boot the 3ds and their is no results.

I'm on 11.1 firmware and am using Ninjhax as an entry point and use my application through the HBL. How that extra info helps.
How many badges are you trying to inject?

Reactions: zoogie

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Umm, I didn't count. is there a limit to the number? I know that there's one of each Pokemon from gen 1-6 if that helps?
Probably too many of them. IIRC there's a limit of like 1000. all gen 6 pokemon is like 720 or so all on its own and i see you got other badges in there too. Also if a picture is 128x128 the program will split it up into 4 badges. So that one pic = 4 badges. 64x64 = 1 badge. So yeah try with fewer pictures/badges.

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably too many of them. IIRC there's a limit of like 1000. all gen 6 pokemon is like 720 or so all on its own and i see you got other badges in there too. Also if a picture is 128x128 the program will split it up into 4 badges. So that one pic = 4 badges. 64x64 = 1 badge. So yeah try with fewer pictures/badges.

So upon looking in the badges folder I figured out that I had 1,001 badges in it lol I guess it added the badges from the actual arcade it's self. Thank you for the help! I would have deleted the application and move on if not for your help.

:yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds:

Reactions: dimmidice

DerpMC_Haxx

Dank Memes R Life
Trophies
XP
Country
No, badge functionality was only added in 9.3. That's why it requires 9.3 as a minimum.
Wait, can i use it in emunand 11.2 even if sysnand is 9.2?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see that you have a9lhax installed in your sig, it should be safe to update to the latest.
Ok cool i thought it was 9.3 SYSNAND minimum thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, ik +1