Homebrew [Release] GYTB: Custom badges made really, really, simple.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it turns out that having custom badges and trying to download purchased themes doesn't work together you get error 004-6006 otherwise

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it turns out that having custom badges and trying to download purchased themes doesn't work together you get error 004-6006 otherwise
Just find the themes on the internet and turn it into a cia with HTT. Then install it. You can get the theme from that theme site (I don't think I can link it.)

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

spongeabc5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't need it installed. It works just fine on my 3DS without it.
Are you on version 10.4 or above? The Github says those versions need Badge Arcade installed to use GYTB, and I haven't been able to get it to work without it on those versions.
EDIT: Derp de derp derp, didn't read your sig. Do you know if Arm9LoaderHax/Luma3DS has anything to do with it?

Last edited by spongeabc5,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you on version 10.4 or above? The Github says those versions need Badge Arcade installed to use GYTB, and I haven't been able to get it to work without it on those versions.

Actually, the github just says that you need it if you use the 3DSX build, because that one uses HANS. The CIA version does not need it.

D

Deleted User

Perhaps we should look into patching out signatures on the badge app so that we can use Badge Arcade and GYTB? :P

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have arm9 all set up and I'm on 11 firmware. This doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong? I load the badges in GYTB, everything goes well, the system restarts. But I can't add the badges or whatever without badge arcade. And that just overwrites whatever custom badges you have. Help!

SwampertBronze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of an issue. It was working perfectly fine for a while, but now I'm getting this message any time I try to boot it up:

Extdata exists.
actInit failed! d8e06406
ACTU_Initialize failed! d8e007f7
ACTU_GetAccountDataBlock failed! d8e007f7
actExit failed! d8e007f7
error, could not detect NNID!
Press any button to exit.

Anybody know what could be going wrong?

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your NNID properly linked to your system? (e.g. do the eshop/miiverse work?)

By the way, I should mention. As of a few days ago, my 3DS that's been around since launch day no longer works. So while I haven't updated GYTB in ages anyway, hey, it's official now: there's not going to be any further updates from me.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm having a bit of an issue. It was working perfectly fine for a while, but now I'm getting this message any time I try to boot it up:

Extdata exists.
actInit failed! d8e06406
ACTU_Initialize failed! d8e007f7
ACTU_GetAccountDataBlock failed! d8e007f7
actExit failed! d8e007f7
error, could not detect NNID!
Press any button to exit.

Anybody know what could be going wrong?
Just a wild hunch, but try deleting these three lines in GYTB.xml (if that's what you're using, if not idk)
https://github.com/MrCheeze/GYTB/blob/master/GYTB.xml#L2-L4
Is your NNID properly linked to your system? (e.g. do the eshop/miiverse work?)

By the way, I should mention. As of a few days ago, my 3DS that's been around since launch day no longer works. So while I haven't updated GYTB in ages anyway, hey, it's official now: there's not going to be any further updates from me.
:(

Last edited by zoogie,

cainamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I am having a little trouble with this app.

I have a N3ds a9lh cfw luma fully updated system.

I have installed the GYTB .cia file. I have the .png files I want in a folder named badges on the root of my sd card.
The program seems to run fine, it will dump my official badges then multiple of lines of trying to read png .... file name with success, all the while the badges appear on the top screen.

Problem comes at the end when it gets to attempting to write ext data... I get the system error message saying a error has occurred forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. Upon restart attempting to place a badge tells me I do not have any badges.

I have tried revisiting the badge arcade and my official badges restore properly. Run this program and get the same error.

I tried using the combo of l+r+x+y on start to erase the extdata with same result.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be at this point?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys I am having a little trouble with this app.

I have a N3ds a9lh cfw luma fully updated system.

I have installed the GYTB .cia file. I have the .png files I want in a folder named badges on the root of my sd card.
The program seems to run fine, it will dump my official badges then multiple of lines of trying to read png .... file name with success, all the while the badges appear on the top screen.

Problem comes at the end when it gets to attempting to write ext data... I get the system error message saying a error has occurred forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. Upon restart attempting to place a badge tells me I do not have any badges.

I have tried revisiting the badge arcade and my official badges restore properly. Run this program and get the same error.

I tried using the combo of l+r+x+y on start to erase the extdata with same result.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be at this point?
How many badges do you have in your badge folder and the arcade total. There is a limit of 1000 badges. GTYB will crash if you go over it.

You can remove badges from the arcade (temporarily) in the information corner by boxing them. That will also prevent them from getting dumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm