Homebrew [Release] GYTB: Custom badges made really, really, simple.

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also getting a yellow screen when attempting to run it.
New 3DS 10.5.0-30U w/ Cubic Ninja & Mashers gridLauncher
I've tried the default 3 custom badges in the Badges folder. I've tried it with no badges in the folder.
I have 634 badges acquired from the Badge Arcade, could that be a problem?
I've ran this tool on 10.3 just fine. o.o

Last edited by Hoppy,

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep, it's broken on FW =>10.4
Not sure if Nintendo changed the way they handle badges or if it can be easily fixed with a couple commits to the current code. Is the developer still active?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/10.4.0-29#NATIVE_FIRM
"and the uniqueid matches the eShop system-application(all regions including CHN), the flag is set to 1."
Pretty sure that's your problem... and I think that this needs to be fixed in newer *hax.

Maybe you can use a different app which has the permissions you need and is not subjected to the memory randomization? (if there's any...)

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those who are on 1.0.5 and get the yellow screen, try replacing your gytb.xml with

<targets selectable="true">
</targets>

...and selecting Badge Arcade itself as the target in the homebrew menu. If the problem is with not being able to take control of eShop on 10.4 and above, this may fix it.

By the way, I haven't been able to reproduce the yellow screen myself. Is everyone who's gotten it on n3DS?

Last edited by MrCheeze,
Reactions: KaduPSE

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For those who are on 1.0.5 and get the yellow screen, try replacing your gytb.xml with

</targets>

...and selecting Badge Arcade itself as the target in the homebrew menu. If the problem is with not being able to take control of eShop on 10.4 and above, this may fix it.

By the way, I haven't been able to reproduce the yellow screen myself. Is everyone who's gotten it on n3DS?

I can confirm it WORKS! Running 10.5 on my N3DS (U). Now the app works perfectly fine, thank you!

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, download updated to automatically take over Badge Arcade instead of eShop if possible. Note that this means that 10.4+ users who get the yellow screen will need to have Badge Arcade installed.

Reactions: Hoppy

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Question though...

I still haven't used this since. Are the badges obtained via GYTB permanent? Or will they get deleted after logging in to Badge Arcade?

3than_H

Monado Boy
Trophies
Website
imreallyfeelingit.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm also getting a yellow screen when attempting to run it.
New 3DS 10.5.0-30U w/ Cubic Ninja & Mashers gridLauncher
I've tried the default 3 custom badges in the Badges folder. I've tried it with no badges in the folder.
I have 634 badges acquired from the Badge Arcade, could that be a problem?
I've ran this tool on 10.3 just fine. o.o
Same! Yellow screen freeze!

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

</targets>

You can't reproduce it on cfw if you don't use 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM (most cfws use the 10.2 one on N3DS and 9.6 one on O3DS) :P

Reactions: MrCheeze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.