Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I made them a while ago, but for some reason I can't get it working.

well above you posted a screenshot of you doing this "FunkyCIA2.py -personal" so, this i'm confident your problem is user error.
did you try out the commands i wrote above? :)

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well above you posted a screenshot of you doing this "FunkyCIA2.py -personal" so, this i'm confident your problem is user error.
did you try out the commands i wrote above? :)
When I get home, I will try them out. But, thanks :)

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So i ripped my themes to 1 cia, but i don't need ALL the themes i ever installed, i just need 1 theme? any help with that?
Can i build 1 theme from the raw data?
I think we will have to edit makecdncia, so it's not as simple as we would like

Reactions: DjoeN

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So i ripped my themes to 1 cia, but i don't need ALL the themes i ever installed, i just need 1 theme? any help with that?
Can i build 1 theme from the raw data?
Actually, yes, you can. But you'll need to know your theme's Content ID and Content Index. Also, you'll need to have decrypted raw data for this. There is a thread on Duowan about this (for JPN themes only), but it's on chinese.

Btw, cearp, can I ask you? FunkyCIA nor CDNto3DS does't generate cia file with more than 200 themes for me. It tells "command line is too long" or something like that. Is it possible to fix this? And is it possible to dump those Content ID and Content Index somehow? CDNto3DS does print them, can we get those?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
nice to know, i just want to dump my European streetpass theme, but it somehow dumps all themes i ever installed as cia,
cause when i install my dumped theme's cia on another 3ds it says i have to delete a few themes and i end up deleting around 30 themes before it works

Pitty, i don't understand Chinees and Google translate isn't the best in Chinees translation

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
nice to know, i just want to dump my European streetpass theme, but it somehow dumps all themes i ever installed as cia,
cause when i install my dumped theme's cia on another 3ds it says i have to delete a few themes and i end up deleting around 30 themes before it works

Pitty, i don't understand Chinees and Google translate isn't the best in Chinees translation
Did you try to add -nopatchdlc to the end of FunkyCIA command line? Then it should download only your own theme.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Actually, yes, you can. But you'll need to know your theme's Content ID and Content Index. Also, you'll need to have decrypted raw data for this. There is a thread on Duowan about this (for JPN themes only), but it's on chinese.

Btw, cearp, can I ask you? FunkyCIA nor CDNto3DS does't generate cia file with more than 200 themes for me. It tells "command line is too long" or something like that. Is it possible to fix this? And is it possible to dump those Content ID and Content Index somehow? CDNto3DS does print them, can we get those?

you can get the content id or index from my tool here i think - https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-theme-name-extractor-contentinfoarchive-bin-extractor.380102/

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes, I know about this tool, thank you. I can get content id and themes' names with it. But what about content index?
And one more question. What is the best way for extracting themes' files? Can I extract files from decrypted raw data or should I first make cia file and then decrypt it? Usually I just used cia file generated by CDNto3DS from decrypted raw data, made ncchinfo for it, xorpads and so on. But as I said, it can't generate cia with more than 200 themes. FunkyCIA works fine now, but I can't get ncchinfo for cia decrypting.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes, I know about this tool, thank you. I can get content id and themes' names with it. But what about content index?
And one more question. What is the best way for extracting themes' files? Can I extract files from decrypted raw data or should I first make cia file and then decrypt it? Usually I just used cia file generated by CDNto3DS from decrypted raw data, made ncchinfo for it, xorpads and so on. But as I said, it can't generate cia with more than 200 themes. FunkyCIA works fine now, but I can't get ncchinfo for cia decrypting.

no need to make a cia to decrypt stuff.
just get the title key and use aescbc to decrypt it, then generate xorpads for everything and then decrypt it further.
maybe the content index is stored in the contentinfoarchive bin file, i forget

what do you need the content id for, and what do you need the content index for.
you will be able to get all values from a tmd anyway.

Reactions: redunka

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
no need to make a cia to decrypt stuff.
just get the title key and use aescbc to decrypt it, then generate xorpads for everything and then decrypt it further.
maybe the content index is stored in the contentinfoarchive bin file, i forget

what do you need the content id for, and what do you need the content index for.
you will be able to get all values from a tmd anyway.
So, I need to generate xorpads for decrypted raw data, right? How exactly can I do that? Sorry, I just never did it before with raw data, and I may do something wrong.
Nevermind, thanks! I just want to know - is there any way to get xorpads for more than one theme at the time. Because all themes have the same xorpad's name .
I need content id and content index, so I can make cia with only themes I want. And maybe I'll translate that chinese tutorial, so people can make their own cia packs. Thank you for pointing on tmd file - I just dumped content id/index with ctrtool.

Something like this then: FunkyCIA2.py ticket.db -type dlc -nopatchdlc
Yes, or like this: FunkyCIA2.py ticket.db -title 0004008c00009800 (that's the TitleID for EUR themes) -nopatchdlc
But if you don't have any other legally purchased dlc - your line will work too.

arbalest876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a problem in creating CIA.
Last month,I used make_cdn_cia to create cia with cetk,tmd and contents,it had no problem.
But today,I update the tmd and contents for the same title,then I use make_cdn_cia to create cia,it crashed.
I have tryed using funkycia2.1 to download all contents of the title and create cia,it crashed again.
I find there is a new version of make_cdn_cia,but I only has 64bit version.(My computer's system is 32bit.)
Can anyone make a 32bit version of make_cdn_cia?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the subject of titlekeys, do I remember seeing a list somewhere? Especially for system titles. Anyone got a link?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
On the subject of titlekeys, do I remember seeing a list somewhere? Especially for system titles. Anyone got a link?

i could have made the title key for every ticket the user has automatically be uploaded to my server - that would be nice.
but, a bit late now... lol well, still useful, but it would have been better from the start

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, there is currently no way to dump a ticket.db from a N3DS, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.