Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe it doesn't work in sysnand because it's not properly encrypted, or a part of it was not signed.

hmm nothing is decrypted, so, everything should be encrypted ok and signed ok :)
oh yeah i updated the op - someone told me their gba ambassador games did work fine in sysnand.
when i first was told about this method it seemed that yes, everything would work in sysnand. i'm not so sure about that, but, i heard their gba games worked, so, maybe somethings will work ok in sysnand :) (most? all? - i don't think all)

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds great! Thanks for the release :)

I just wanted to give it a shot by building a specific title only but it tells me there are too few arguments.
funkycia -title 0004000000XXXXXX ticket.db should be right though or what am I missing?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
hmm nothing is decrypted, so, everything should be encrypted ok and signed ok :)
oh yeah i updated the op - someone told me their gba ambassador games did work fine in sysnand.
when i first was told about this method it seemed that yes, everything would work in sysnand. i'm not so sure about that, but, i heard their gba games worked, so, maybe somethings will work ok in sysnand :) (most? all? - i don't think all)

What is not working here? Does it not boot?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I just wanted to give it a shot by building a specific title only but it tells me there are too few arguments.
funkycia -title 0004000000XXXXXX ticket.db should be right though or what am I missing?
What are you trying to get?
0004000 only covers eshop downloaded games and apps.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to get?
0004000 only covers eshop downloaded games and apps.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. The ID is correct since I used it with the CDNto3DS script in Relys toolkit and it worked just fine (the cia generated by it is invalid however, so I wanted to try this new tool).
It's the missing argument that is confusing me.

E: Nevermind, adding "-nosort" fixed it for some reason...

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

i'm not sure what python on windows wants, but for me on mac, i always give the input file first...
i type this in 'terminal': python FunkyCIA.py myticket.db -title 0123456789ABCDEF -- do you get an error like that?
weird that nosort fixed it, good i guess though ha

What is not working here? Does it not boot?

when testing the cia files to make sure they work (regardless of sysnand stuff) - i think i only tried/tested 1 thing with FunkyCIA and it didn't boot in sysnand, well, a 2nd title that i sent to someone and they said it worked fine, but i didn't ask them about sysnand or not (but the title is from a different region so it wouldn't work anyway - i think)

Reactions: _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure what python on windows wants, but for me on mac, i always give the input file first...
i type this in 'terminal': python FunkyCIA.py myticket.db -title 0123456789ABCDEF -- do you get an error like that?
weird that nosort fixed it, good i guess though ha
Works fine in this order for some reason ^^

Reactions: cearp

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I am still confused but great tool from the look of it :grog:.

So this tool downloads stuff you already have and wraps it as .cia for you? May I ask:

1. Why would I want to get the same stuff I already have in .cia form? Sorry but I am too limited by my imagination, please enlighten me.
2. If I formatted my sysnand so that it is separated from my emunand, will the .cia still work? Because I think I won't be able to see the app in sysnand this way, no?
3. Are the files publicly accessible from the N server? Or this tool uses some key in your own title.db and passes that as a parameter before you can download from the N server? If it is former, what stops us from making a tool to download virtually everything and wrap them as .cia?
4. What about region lock? If I have a JP console and used this tool to download a title, can I install the .cia on my EU console?
Thanks cearp. I think I am after

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Sorry I am still confused but great tool from the look of it :grog:. So this tool downloads stuff you already have and wraps it as .cia for you? May I ask:

1. Why would I want to get the same stuff I already have in .cia form? Sorry but I am too limited by my imagination, please enlighten me.
2. If I formatted my sysnand so that it is separated from my emunand, will the .cia still work? Because I think I won't be able to see the app in sysnand this way, no?
3. Are the files publicly accessible from the N server? Or this tool uses some key in your own title.db and passes that as a parameter before you can download from the N server? If it is former, what stops us from making a tool to download virtually everything and wrap them as .cia?
4. What about region lock? If I have a JP console and used this tool to download a title, can I install the .cia on my EU console?
Thanks cearp. I think I am after
1. to share/backup! :)
2. sure, it has nothing to do with sysnand/emunand... this needs only your ticket.db and an internet connection.
3. umm my own ticket.db...? no it doesn't use anything from mine. yes the files are publicly accessible to download, i mean, i'm not hacking into nintendo's server or something. you can't make a cia out of things you do not have in your ticket.db because... you do not have the ticket :)
4. no, this does not/this method cannot patch region so you the title will need to be unwrapped each time, doing so would involve having to decrypt 2 layers of encryption, and the cia would not be as 'pure' as it is with this tool. and i think different region stuff does not load on sysnand regardless of whether it is 'legit' or not, i guess?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How does this work? Do you need the ticket to download the title/ncch and tmd to build cia?
And what's that about 2 layers of enc?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can you get the tmd like with nus titles or does it have to be extracted from ticket.db?

the tmd is from online (you could use the one from your 3ds sd card, but you need to decrypt it etc)

Does this dump dsiware stuff into cias?

yes, i'm not sure if they work, i don't see a reason why not though :)

Reactions: SLiV3R

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So... Any idea why it doesn't work in sysnand.

i think i said a few posts ago, i think, someone told me their gba ambassador games DO work in sysnand (as in, in sysnand without GW)
but something i tested did not work without GW. maybe i made a mistake, maybe only some things work without GW. maybe all, maybe most, maybe only a few...
test it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...