Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, im lookin for a really updated answer to whether online works with the freeshop?
i downloaded smash dlc for my bought physical but wary whether i should use online with it?
also would there be no problems if i installed smash bros 3ds digital with updates/dlc and play online also?

Yes, no problem. There haven't been any ban for using non-bought stuff online when it's already released.

Edit: Cheating or having something impossible to obtain in the game "legally" may have problems online.

Reactions: IronMandarin

Tesslaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have one question, when you download a game from the freeShop, is that a legit/good cia? I have been reading a lot about these, but i still dont understand the differences between non-legit and legit

Last edited by Tesslaa,
Reactions: vincentallen2

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have one question, when you download a game from the freeShop, is that a legit/good cia? I have been reading a lot about these, but i still dont understand the differences between non-legit and legit
No, they are not.
1st) you don't download .cia's
2nd) a legit .cia is a game that also comes bundled with a 3DS, like some Mario Kart, NSMB2, some Pokemon. They are generic and don't have individual keys, so you can even install them on 3DS' without CFW as long as you have access to homebrew
3rd) a non-legit .cia is any custom .cia, irregardless if homebrew app or real game, that you need CFW for

Reactions: Tesslaa

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain

Legit cias are those included in bundles (console + game) and preinstalled. It means that they can be installed and run in any console as they don't have any (bought) ID. Good Cias are those downloaded from CDN instead of a rip of a cartridge.

Btw, freeShop installs directly the game so it doesn't create any .cia :)

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Legit cias are those included in bundles (console + game) and preinstalled. It means that they can be installed and run in any console as they don't have any (bought) ID. Good Cias are those downloaded from CDN instead of a rip of a cartridge.

Btw, freeShop installs directly the game so it doesn't create any .cia :)
but ID created in freeshop passes nintendo anti piracy measures?

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain

What do you mean? If you mean you can use them without CFW, then no, because they are not legit. If you mean you can install them from eShop, then yes, but as they are not legally bought, you can't transfer them to other console.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can't create an ID in freeShop. What are you talking about? Nintendo doesn't really have any anti piracy measures, besides signature checks on installed games (bypassed by CFW) and AP on cartridges (most bypassed by Sky3DS).

imayui

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, thanks for the app.
i have a question regarding dlc's. I have a japanese N3DS XL and i can download and play games from freeshop, but it seems like the game cannot detect the dlc's.
i tried deleting dlc's and re-downloading them, but did not work.
is there a way to have dlc's working?

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
hi, thanks for the app.
i have a question regarding dlc's. I have a japanese N3DS XL and i can download and play games from freeshop, but it seems like the game cannot detect the dlc's.
i tried deleting dlc's and re-downloading them, but did not work.
is there a way to have dlc's working?
Look for them in that iso site and install them via fbi.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@TheCruel would you like a custom splash screen for freeShop? i can't make it myself, but I made jpg files. If you want you can look at them.
freeshop_up.png

freeshop_down.png

Attachments

• freeshop splash.rar
    16.6 KB · Views: 105

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't create an ID in freeShop. What are you talking about? Nintendo doesn't really have any anti piracy measures, besides signature checks on installed games (bypassed by CFW) and AP on cartridges (most bypassed by Sky3DS).
let me explain better and improved ok
the fact is ID i refer becouse maybe nintendo or another cases legit cartbridge game have 1 id
but my question its freeshop use another id or use same id for "trick" nintendo (in case of you bypass his anti piracy)
in summary: freeshop download titlekeys from nintendo store and are content are legit this doesn't exist any difference between eshop

Last edited by Borjitasstoi,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
let me explain better and improved ok
the fact is ID i refer becouse maybe nintendo or another cases legit cartbridge game have 1 id
but my question its freeshop use another id or use same id for "trick" nintendo (in case of you bypass his anti piracy)
in summary: freeshop download titlekeys from nintendo store and are content are legit this doesn't exist any difference between eshop
If you mean headers, only cartridges have headers. The files downloaded and installed by freeShop are identical to what you would download with the eShop. There's no "id".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo