Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because im using a 4GB SD without emunand :D I dont need emunand i only have Smash Bros Legit Cia. and my cartridges.

I used Miiverse using first this patch but Eshop frozen in Nintendo 3DS logo screen.
you need to use a cfw with firmlaunch, for example rxtools sysnand, to be able to launch the new tieger version, thats why I normaly say that only nver should be updated and hans should be used.

Also you could find the names for the application on 3dbrew title list, there is also the title id to download the cias directly from nintendos servers using 3dnus :)

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dont find any tiger in that website... i dont know what is D:

Some clue?

Make sure you're loading it from the sysNAND and not just booting up the system. To do so, you'll need to enter rxTools manually by holding the L button down while rxTools is booting, select boot and then boot into sysNAND through there.

Additionally, you'll still need to use Free Multi Patcher so boot that up once you're in sysNAND, have all patches on and use the save and quit function. Put it on automatic even if you want so it's just as simple as opening it once. After that you should be able to use eShop and Miiverse but only as long as the console stays on, and when you wish to turn it off an back on just repeat these steps.

Also you could find the names for the application on 3dbrew title list, there is also the title id to download the cias directly from nintendos servers using 3dnus :)

While this is true, it's not exactly hard to find the latest one on the website here. If needed one can just trace back from the latest firmware of their system until they find the last instance of the app being updated, but in this case I already put which firmwares updated the app beside it, and 3Dbrew can be a bit confusing as the Title ID isn't full, only showing half of it above the list of the apps and the rest on the bottom, meaning you have to copy/paste them together to get the full Title ID. But whatever anyone finds more convenient.

As for 3DNUS, that was also linked in this thread in the last page. :)

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
you need to use a cfw with firmlaunch, for example rxtools sysnand, to be able to launch the new tieger version, thats why I normaly say that only nver should be updated and hans should be used.

i am on RXTools 3.0 Sysnand i use Free Multi Patcher and when save it i use Eshop without do anything more how use that Hans than its the first time i hear about it and Eshop frozen but if i use Free Multi Patcher and use Miiverse works without any Hans or whatelse well i have to try download that Hans thing.

Make sure you're loading it from the sysNAND and not just booting up the system. To do so, you'll need to enter rxTools manually by holding the L button down while rxTools is booting, select boot and then boot into sysNAND through there.

Additionally, you'll still need to use Free Multi Patcher so boot that up once you're in sysNAND, have all patches on and use the save and quit function. Put it on automatic even if you want so it's just as simple as opening it once. After that you should be able to use eShop and Miiverse but only as long as the console stays on, and when you wish to turn it off an back on just repeat these steps.

While this is true, it's not exactly hard to find the latest one on the website here. If needed one can just trace back from the latest firmware of their system until they find the last instance of the app being updated, but in this case I already put which firmwares updated the app beside it, and 3Dbrew can be a bit confusing as the Title ID isn't full, only showing half of it above the list of the apps and the rest on the bottom, meaning you have to copy/paste them together to get the full Title ID. But whatever anyone finds more convenient.

As for 3DNUS, that was also linked in this thread in the last page. :)

I know than im on RX Tool Sysnand because when i load RX Tools says: You dont have a Emunand push A for Sysnand and then the cfw loads. And i think i have the last Eshop Eshop Applet and Nver... in another tutorial than i saw says something about Cver... what its that? And its Eshop problem i think because i can run Miiverse.

Well i go to try with Hans.

EDIT: I cant use Hans bc i dont use Homebrew Channel (i try browserhax for go to it but never loads) but this tool and Hans doesnt do the same stuff?

Last edited by ivoyko,

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i am on RXTools 3.0 Sysnand i use Free Multi Patcher and when save it i use Eshop without do anything more how use that Hans than its the first time i hear about it and Eshop frozen but if i use Free Multi Patcher and use Miiverse works without any Hans or whatelse well i have to try download that Hans thing.

I know than im on RX Tool Sysnand because when i load RX Tools says: You dont have a Emunand push A for Sysnand and then the cfw loads. And i think i have the last Eshop Eshop Applet and Nver... in another tutorial than i saw says something about Cver... what its that? And its Eshop problem i think because i can run Miiverse.

Well i go to try with Hans.

EDIT: I cant use Hans bc i dont use Homebrew Channel (i try browserhax for go to it but never loads) but this tool and Hans doesnt do the same stuff?

HANS doesn't seem to like using the latest eShop (TIGER) app, and all of the steps provided should work. (Unless you happen to have an N3DS, in which case there might be something that's needed here.)

As for CVER, I haven't used it myself and my eShop works currently. I'm not quite sure what it does.

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i use HANS and i see a yellow boot screen than dont do nothing. Homebrew Launcher have a eshop app (at least mine) with same problem than HANS.

1- Then if i have last ESHOP and APPLET ESHOP and i use ESHOP when i already used FREE MULTI PATCHER i dont know why ESHOP frozen or how fix it.

2- The OLD SHOP version than has before dont work with HANS or my Homebrew Launcher app?

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah i use HANS and i see a yellow boot screen than dont do nothing. Homebrew Launcher have a eshop app (at least mine) with same problem than HANS.

1- Then if i have last ESHOP and APPLET ESHOP and i use ESHOP when i already used FREE MULTI PATCHER i dont know why ESHOP frozen or how fix it.

2- The OLD SHOP version than has before dont work with HANS or my Homebrew Launcher app?

Did you make sure you've installed the latest NVER, turned all patches in FMP on as well as turn all settings on, then finally press "Start" to apply & exit? If you've alread put it on auto patch you can manually load FMP by holding the L trigger while it boots.

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Nver its the stuff than do me be in .31E? Exist some tool for check the cias and see than i downloaded them fine? How hash tool or something.

I was using the old Free Multi Patcher but now im uusing the new version i patched all i have the last cias (im almost 99% sure of that) i finished pushing START... i push in ESHOP and ESHOP still frozen (at Nintendo 3DS logo/screen)

And i use a OLD3DSXL that thing u said about NEW cant be it.

Last edited by ivoyko,

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nver its the stuff than do me be in .31E? Exist some tool for check the cias and see than i downloaded them fine? How hash tool or something.

I was using the old Free Multi Patcher but now im uusing the new version i patched all i have the last cias (im almost 99% sure of that) i finished pushing START... i push in ESHOP and ESHOP still frozen (at Nintendo 3DS logo/screen)

And i use a OLD3DSXL that thing u said about NEW cant be it.

The only thing I can suggest is cross-checking the .cia's names that you downloaded with these:
  • eShop (Title ID: 0004001000022900) (Version: 20482)
  • mint (Title ID: 000400300000D602) (Version: 15360)
  • eShop (Title ID: 000400DB00016102) (Version: 496)
These are the latest EUR apps you need and should all work on your console which is O3DSXL 9.2.0-31E. Now assuming that you've already got -31E on your system number you already have the latest NVER. If anything, redownload mint and eShop just in case and try re-installing them, making sure the install destination is NAND and not SD Card.

If you're using something like FBI it should throw up an error. If that happens then you've already got the latest ones installed, otherwise it'll install meaning you have an older version of that .cia installed.

Finally, this is just a last resort but literally the only other differences between our setups is that I have FMP updated through the updater (Which I'm unsure if you have done so or not but I think you're saying you did), and that I have an emuNAND. For the heck of it, why not try making an emuNAND and then unlink it via formatting the emuNAND, then booting rxTools up manually and entering sysNAND?

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Because my SD its only 4GB and if i have to lose 1GB i dont like it a lot... and i dont need a emunand when i only have legit cias on it.

I deleted that 3 titles from NAND using FBI... and i re-installed them again using Big Blue Menu and nothing. Then i used FBI for re-install them asking if i want overwritte them and i said yes but nothing. Then i used Sysupdater for re-install them and nothing.

Now i installed the FMP from here https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=01-25-16_07-00-49&sys=ctr&reg=P but nothing. The FMP its the orange happy face in the 3DS main menu? i dont see any change on it... i cant connect.

And i still without know what happen or how fix Eshop.

And i cant install them on SD... FBI says error when u try... that cant be the problem.

OK im sleepy lmao... FMP its Free Multi Patcher... i was thinking was the Friend Module than use internet too... well my FMP its the 0.6 (beta) from the first post link.

Last edited by ivoyko,

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me set this up for my N3DS on 9.2 sysNAND with Gateway? I tried to install the CIA and run the eShop, but it's still asking me to update. It would be much appreciated!

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
First of all I cannot get the region free of my rxtools 3.0 working until I used this patch, which is very strange as all my friends told me rxtools itself is integrated with region free function.

Secondly, do I have to install NVER if my sysNAND is 9.2 and emuNAND is 10.7? I can get my JP pokemon (cartridge) working with my US console but it prompts me to update (inside the emuNAND of course). i wonder it is advisable for me to update it in emuNAND (i haven't set up any NNID in the US console yet).

Thirdly, does this patch support online gameplay for retail cartridge?

Any reply is appreciated.

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all I cannot get the region free of my rxtools 3.0 working until I used this patch, which is very strange as all my friends told me rxtools itself is integrated with region free function.

Secondly, do I have to install NVER if my sysNAND is 9.2 and emuNAND is 10.7? I can get my JP pokemon (cartridge) working with my US console but it prompts me to update (inside the emuNAND of course). i wonder it is advisable for me to update it in emuNAND (i haven't set up any NNID in the US console yet).

rxTools has partial regionfree included(showing of the icons), but there is a update partition on gamecadriges, which is also checked(and if the updates region doesn't mach, it will refuse to start the game).
Simply download the update from the eshop, its the same for all regions, if you download it in emunand, you should also be able to create a update cia using funkycia, if you wan to use it on sysnand too.

jazzcactus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I installed this but only the region free option. Works well, but every time I turn off the console I need to run it again to show my wrong region games. I am on Cakes CFW, is there anything I can do to get the home menu fix to be permanent?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I installed this but only the region free option. Works well, but every time I turn off the console I need to run it again to show my wrong region games. I am on Cakes CFW, is there anything I can do to get the home menu fix to be permanent?
If only there was...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/patchin...me-menu-arm9loaderhax-or-emunand-only.419047/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are probably using the very first 3.0 commit, it didn't have region free. Currently it has. But rxtools isn't that great anymore, just use Reinand or Cakes and use the permanent patch, that way you have region free, ds cart and gba VC support from emunand.

pinguino1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All the games work :bow: but... some out of region banners appear unfinished. In the future it could appear complete?

PD: Sorry if my english is bad.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way to access the Pokebank servers? Error code 006-0501 always shows up (it worked 20-30 days ago).

BTW I can spoof eShop, NNID etc.... im having issues only with Pokebank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying