• Views 103,485
  • Replies 310
  • Likes 29

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I have around 150 nes games. It works, but it takes 10-15 seconds to load the folder.

Even that's way too long.

I finally got it to not hard lock with 168 ROMs, took almost a minute to load the list but as I read back I realized that since I'm using the .CIA version it will never run as well as you have been reporting.

I hope that this runs as .CIA at the same performance as the latest .3dsx soon (and in GW emuNAND) because from what I've seen so far this emulator is becoming great. Just unusable like this.

Then the holy trinity of GB/NES/SNES emulation will be rather complete

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

I finally got it to not hard lock with 168 ROMs, took almost a minute to load the list but as I read back I realized that since I'm using the .CIA version it will never run as well as you have been reporting.

I hope that this runs as .CIA at the same performance as the latest .3dsx soon (and in GW emuNAND) because from what I've seen so far this emulator is becoming great. Just unusable like this.

I have a n3ds. Think that matters too.

Buttsnake

"Mods please close this thread"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A really weird thing is happening. I'm on 9.9.0 on an old 3DS and it's stuck on the "initializing" screen. Can someone provide more details on installation so I'm not missing something that's under my nose or right in front of my face that I'm missing?

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
A really weird thing is happening. I'm on 9.9.0 on an old 3DS and it's stuck on the "initializing" screen. Can someone provide more details on installation so I'm not missing something that's under my nose or right in front of my face that I'm missing?
There's an unofficial build a few pages back that seems to fix it.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

couldn't you have sub folders? classified by genre or something?

Kizul Emeraldfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question: would it be possible to add a feature where one can specify their own palette file? Because I downloaded this emulator a few days ago to see what it looked like, and I thumbed through all of the (non-game-specific) palettes while running PALTEST.NES (a homebrew ROM (not made by me) that displays the entire NES palette on the screen simultaneously), and about the only palette that came close to emulating all of the colors correctly (in my — and my TV's — opinion) was the "nintendo-vc" palette. But that one's colors are really drab, and color $3D is — bizarrely — brighter than $30.

Failing that: would it be possible for you guys to add in the two palette files that I have been working on for the past several weeks? I just… I'm sorry if this post comes off as rude, but I'm just extremely pedantic about details like this. :| My palette isn't perfect (I've come to accept the fact that there really is no such thing as a perfect NES palette), but as far as I'm concerned, it's close enough. I recorded a video of myself playing Solstice on my actual NES, and then fiddled about in NEStopia's advanced video settings (tweaking the R-Y, G-Y, and B-Y, and their respective Gain settings) until the emulator looked as close as possible to the video I'd recorded. I'm quite proud of it, and I want to use it, because — in my opinion — it's better than nearly every other palette out there.

Either way, tl;dr: I wanted to do a feature request ("Let users select custom .PAL files for palettes"), and I also wanted to show off my work and offer it up for use in this emulator. The general populace of the IRC rooms in which I hang seem to think it's a pretty good palette, so I thought I should share it here, too. :)

(Again, I apologize if this post came off as pompous/egotistical or rude. D: At the very least, it really wasn't my intention to be rude.)

EDIT: aaaaand I just realized that the download links on that page were not only malformed, but DEAD. :| The links have been fixed (and tested!), and now work. Sorry about that! D:

Last edited by Kizul Emeraldfire,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1