• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

metoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know, but apparently "1.1b has almost no advantage over 2.x", and CFW, FBI, Decrypt9, etc. are "not incompatible by design". Source: http://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-cf...required-ninjhax.388925/page-319#post-5626527

Also, Zoogie says the injection method is unsupported on a N3DS :/ Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...sa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/page-3#post-5625573

You CAN run the injected app on a New 3DS, but the issue is that there is no method to inject FBI on a new 3DS currently. If it were possible to inject an app, then you could run it with CFW
If you really believe that, https://gbatemp.net/threads/releas...ct-generator-jpn-usa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/ try injecting it directly into the nand backup on a pc, then restore the nand. It takes about ten minutes and we can settle this for good.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you really believe that, https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-fbi-cia-manager-nand-inject-generator-jpn-usa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/ try injecting it directly into the nand backup on a pc, then restore the nand. It takes about ten minutes and we can settle this for good.
I have done this on my O3DS and yes, you can't run it without having signature checks patched, which is what I'm saying

Technically speaking, it would work on an N3DS in the same way, the only problem is that there is no method to inject FBI in the first place

metoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done this on my O3DS and yes, you can't run it without having signature checks patched, which is what I'm saying

Technically speaking, it would work on an N3DS in the same way, the only problem is that there is no method to inject FBI in the first place
I'm a little confused. You don't need anything special to inject it, you're just replacing the apps files from the nand. How would you patch Sig checks anyway on a n3ds?
Like, I thought signature checks were the entire issue with n3ds
Other than the arm11 kernel

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little confused. You don't need anything special to inject it, you're just replacing the apps files from the nand. How would you patch Sig checks anyway on a n3ds?
I'm confused too, we might not be talking about the same thing lol

Yeah I understand that, but when Gregora asked Riku about it, he said "New3DS is not (and won't be) supported. Old3DS only."
I'm not too sure why

As for patching sig checks, you could run CakesFW or Reinand CFW

Just to be clear, I'm talking about a 9.2 or below N3DS lol

Reactions: metoob

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
According to smea, this guys code is shit and that it would be possible to work on ninjhax2/ironhax???
Shots fired.PNG

Reactions: Deleted User

metoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I understand that, but when Gregora asked Riku about it, he said "New3DS is not (and won't be) supported. Old3DS only."
I'm not too sure why

The person trying to do this is on 9.2, I believe.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We don't know. We hope that something good happens for people with 9.2+ but we just don't know.
In fact, we could say that yes, it will happen. But we don't know when. In days, months, years, we don't know...

There isn't any perfectly secure system. But it could take years before something new happens.

I don't really understand what smea is telling us when he talked about the apps being incompatible by design only...

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
We don't know. We hope that something good happens for people with 9.2+ but we just don't know.
In fact, we could say that yes, it will happen. But we don't know when. In days, months, years, we don't know...

There isn't any perfectly secure system. But it could take years before something new happens.

I don't really understand what smea is telling us when he talked about the apps being incompatible by design only...
It will happen in the space year of 20XX, guaranteed.
In all honesty, I think it may happen near the end of this year or some time next year.

Reactions: Ekaitz

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will happen in the space year of 20XX, guaranteed.
In all honesty, I think it may happen near the end of this year or some time next year.

Yea, I think that it'll happen SOON™. :lol:

We've got some hints and we know that the system is not impossible to break but we've got to wait to see if someone find a way to get full access.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Gregora has MSET available to her so she has a way to run it through CakesFW or Reinand, if she still has a DS flashcard

Edit: Ah, just saw Riku's response. The injection method doesn't work for N3DS at all. Looks like Gregora will have to get Cubic Ninja (or wait for Ninjhax 2, Ironhax, or Tubehax to be able to run FBI)

I haven't lost my GW blue card yet. So I have the DS flashcard. I just want to do this to my emuNAND which was originally GW emuNAND which is now accessed via ReiNAND.

You can't run the injected app on a new 3ds. It's going to have to wait until they get a gateway. This has all been stated repeatedly over the past 2 pages

I had a Gateway and I lost the red card. Some cfw has FBI within it already. The only problem is specifically lack of n3DS support with those cfw or the lack of FBI within reiNAND.

I'm not too sure why

I'm running ReiNAND on 9.2, as you surmised (I said as much earlier).

Reactions: metoob

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you can incorporate a little counter for what cia it is installing from a group? AKA, CIA 18/31 Installing..... And possibly a tie in so that the wifi installation (socketpunch, falconpunch, etc) can send the amount of files it intends on sending? Currently sitting here waiting on my N3DS to finish installing 36 CIA's and I am too lazy to check file sizes on 36 files....

Reactions: Zidapi

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you can incorporate a little counter for what cia it is installing from a group? AKA, CIA 18/31 Installing..... And possibly a tie in so that the wifi installation (socketpunch, falconpunch, etc) can send the amount of files it intends on sending? Currently sitting here waiting on my N3DS to finish installing 36 CIA's and I am too lazy to check file sizes on 36 files....
It does have a counter that starts at CIA 0 as index values start at 0. It doesn't have at total counter if that's what you're asking for.

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does have a counter that starts at CIA 0 as index values start at 0. It doesn't have at total counter if that's what you're asking for.
Ah. I have yet to see that, maybe because I primarily use wifi transfer and don't get a chance to see the in between screen. so maybe a counter on the currently installing screen? or even just list the name of the current CIA being installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8