• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Likely 512gb..until they make larger SD cards.
of course it will fail if the file is bigger than 4gb... because fat 32

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which version of FBI and sockfile are you trying?
both from the first post.. (last oficial versions)

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
@Steveice10 I keep getting errors since(I believe) you introduced this commit: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/commit/644fddfe65bad2c375853c779497a00f5da6aa39

I compiled fine using smea's ctrulib when you were @ 140 and 143 commits. But when you reached 147 and now 154 I cannot compile at all.

This is the error I keep getting:
OtnCnqf.png

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@Steveice10 I keep getting errors since(I believe) you introduced this commit: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/commit/644fddfe65bad2c375853c779497a00f5da6aa39

I compiled fine using smea's ctrulib when you were @ 140 and 143 commits. But when you reached 147 and now 154 I cannot compile at all.

This is the error I keep getting:
OtnCnqf.png
Make sure you're using the most recent build of smea's ctrulib (Steveice10's pull request was implemented like two days ago), or you can use Steveice10's build of ctrulib. Otherwise, you won't be able to compile.

Reactions: fr3quency

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Make sure you're using the most recent build of smea's ctrulib (Steveice10's pull request was implemented like two days ago), or you can use Steveice10's build of ctrulib. Otherwise, you won't be able to compile.
When I compiled FBI @ 140 and 143 commits I updated ctrulib from smealum as I saw Steve's commit was implemented. Now I see more commits have been merged so I'm compiling smea's ctrulib as we speak. I hope this is the culprit.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I went to Steve's ctrulib but I keep getting this error:
C:\Nintendo3DS\Sources\FBI>make
build/source/screen.o
source/screen.c:5:21: fatal error: citro3d.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/source/screen.o] Error 1

C:\Nintendo3DS\Sources\FBI>

I have citro3d in \devkitPro\ and \devkitPro\citro3d\ is in my PATH.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
And you have built citro?
Yes. I recompiled citro3d and pasted in \devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\ as @astronautlevel told me and it worked. I have no idea why it didn't work before as ....\devkitPro\ was in my PATH(I pasted citro3d in ...\devkitPro\ before and it did work when FBI was @ 140 commits)

D

Deleted User

OP
The first version of the rewrite, FBI v2.0.0, is now released.

Features:
  • Available as a CIA, 3DS, and 3DSX (<= 9.2: Stable Launch, <= Latest FW: Fairly Stable Launch).
  • Browse and modify SD, TWL photos, TWL sounds, save data, and ext save data.
  • Browse and modify CTR NAND, TWL NAND, and system save data, and dump the raw NAND image to "sdmc:/NAND.bin". (CIA/3DS ONLY)
  • Delete, copy, and paste files and directories.
  • Install and uninstall titles from a filesystem or over the network with sockfile.
  • Browse and delete pending titles (downloaded updates, in-progress eShop titles, etc) and tickets.
  • Customize appearance by placing replacements for RomFS resources in "sdmc:/fbitheme/".
Authors of utilities for network installation will need to update their tools for the new protocol. A utility must first write the number of CIA files being sent. For each file to send, FBI sends an acknowledgement byte to tell the sender that it is ready and willing to receive the file. After receiving this, a utility must send a 64-bit CIA file size, followed by the file's contents.

Please report any bugs you encounter. The rewrite has been put through decent bug testing so far, but some issues may have slipped through the crack. Let me know in detail of any that are encountered.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first version of the rewrite, FBI v2.0.0, is now released.

Features:
  • Available as a CIA, 3DS, and 3DSX (<= 9.2: Stable Launch, <= Latest FW: Fairly Stable Launch).
  • Browse and modify SD, TWL photos, TWL sounds, save data, and ext save data.
  • Browse and modify CTR NAND, TWL NAND, and system save data, and dump the raw NAND image to "sdmc:/NAND.bin". (CIA/3DS ONLY)
  • Delete, copy, and paste files and directories.
  • Install and uninstall titles from a filesystem or over the network with sockfile.
  • Browse and delete pending titles (downloaded updates, in-progress eShop titles, etc) and tickets.
  • Customize appearance by placing replacements for RomFS resources in "sdmc:/fbitheme/".
Authors of utilities for network installation will need to update their tools for the new protocol. A utility must first write the number of CIA files being sent. For each file to send, FBI sends an acknowledgement byte to tell the sender that it is ready and willing to receive the file. After receiving this, a utility must send a 64-bit CIA file size, followed by the file's contents.

Please report any bugs you encounter. The rewrite has been put through decent bug testing so far, but some issues may have slipped through the crack. Let me know in detail of any that are encountered.
Can I install DLC / themes now or am I going to use BigBlueMenu still? Because I'd much rather use FBI.

D

Deleted User

OP
Can I install DLC / themes now or am I going to use BigBlueMenu still? Because I'd much rather use FBI.
You can try, but I haven't specifically tested or worked to solve it; either it was fixed by consequence or it's still broken. Not sure what's different about DLC yet.

EDIT: Also, if it doesn't work, could you report the error code + details if there are any?

EDIT2: Also released minor hotfix 2.0.1, which removes a no longer needed FS patch for archive permissions.

Last edited by ,

Vamosi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if its a problem my end but after injecting and booting the health and safety app it stays on the 3ds logo.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm not sure if its a problem my end but after injecting and booting the health and safety app it stays on the 3ds logo.
Not sure exactly how injection works with exheader flags and what not, but FBI proper works fine outside of injection, so I don't see it being FBI's fault.

Vamosi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
latest version loads fine from the homebrew launcher but for some reason v2.0.0 and 2.0.1 get stuck on the 3ds logo when booting from the health and safety app with and without banner. I tried reinjecting again with v1.4.17 and that works.

Love the new look by the way. :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
latest version loads fine from the homebrew launcher but for some reason v2.0.0 and 2.0.1 get stuck on the 3ds logo when booting from the health and safety app with and without banner. I tried reinjecting again with v1.4.17 and that works.

Love the new look by the way. :)
i updated my heath and safety app with the newest version of fbi but it just hangs at the app boot screen
FBI injection is intended to be a stopgap, hacky measure to get a starter cia installer installed. It's not intended for everyday use as it's running from a corrupted title.
Just use the injected FBI to install the FBI 2.0 cia properly to the SD.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: klear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ