• Views 1,501,516
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I have an Old 3DS with CakesFW, and I have installed FBI as a cia succesfully now, plus a few games. However, I wanted to install Super Smash Bros. and that didn't work - it gave me an invalid signature error:
"Install failed!
Super Smash Bros (EUR) (RF).cia
Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)
Press Start to continue."
Now, previously I tried Fantasy Life and Super Smash Bros., and Fantasy Life worked, and Smash didn't. Then I tried a Professor Layton game, and it worked, but Kirby Triple Deluxe didn't. Then I enabled one CakesFW patch with a name along the lines of "7.x crypto key" or something, and Kirby worked, but Smash still didn't. Obviously I did have signatures patched so I have no idea what's wrong with Smash. Anything I overlooked?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
a9lh, 10.7 sys o3ds.
i used hblauncher and fbi, i tried to uninstall system settings... i get an error.
i tried to uninstall savedatafiler... i get an error.
will this homebrew be updated? more than 4 months without a new release, so maybe not.
i prefer devmenu usually but system titles function and access from hbl is very useful!

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a9lh, 10.7 sys o3ds.
i used hblauncher and fbi, i tried to uninstall system settings... i get an error.
will this homebrew be updated? more than 4 months without a new release, so maybe not.
i prefer devmenu usually but system titles function and access from hbl is very useful!
Why would you try to uninstall system settings?

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Why would you try to uninstall system settings?
as a safety guard for children, parental controls is good but a little bit lacking, some things aren't perfect when using cfw.
out of region games always ask for the pin.
i won't be here to check up on this 3ds, so after i give it away i want to be sure it will always work, wifi connection cannot be created... etc

i did it simply by renaming the app's folder in nand using godmode9

weks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it normal for fbi to autoexit to home menu after successfull install cia via socketpunch? (how long will fbi listen to connections if it is left idle?)

i mean i left it to install a 3gig cia then i woke up to find it already in home menu with the game i installed. does fbi crash or do i need to reinstall that cia?

Last edited by weks,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a9lh, 10.7 sys o3ds.

if you used a CIA version, you could uninstall System Settings then uninstall FBI via.... (System Settings......)
renaming was the best way to handle the situation as you can rename it back if problems arise or if you need it again.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if you used a CIA version, you could uninstall System Settings then uninstall FBI via.... (System Settings......)
renaming was the best way to handle the situation as you can rename it back if problems arise or if you need it again.
yes i agree :) i didn't want to install fbi because, i would still want to uninstall fbi afterwards.
using godmode9 i could do what i wanted without installing anything to the homemenu.
thanks

renaming the settings, it is nice, the icon still shows, not problem, when i launch it i get a small error box but i'm still in the home menu.
a few months ago when testing, when i actually did uninstall system settings, if i clicked the settings icon from the home menu settings (where you find themes, brightness etc) - i think i got a hard crash and had to reboot/force power off.

Last edited by cearp,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why I get an error that says "unknown" as it's description while installing a cia via socketpunch over the network? It happens randomly at any % and it seems like it unmounts my SD because quitting FBI doesn't allow me to return to the home menu (Using A9LH). This only happens while installing specific cia, but you never know which cia is gonna have this problem.

Meanwhile, installing the cia manually without socketpunch works without fail. Does it have something to do with my personal setup such as my router, computer, etc?

DankTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Latest compile:
https://mega.nz/#!D5o1ARqR!wW8P4o9YzC83HllEAQ-ohd6hksUVNQtEQJIVGrqPtfI

This fixes previous issues with the last build I posted, and includes support for arm11 NAND dump.

I haven't tested network install yet, I'll update this post when I have.

UPDATE: Network installation fails. The appears to go extremely quickly and then claims to succeed, but nothing appears on the homemenu. I'm going to try with an updated sockfile build.

Last edited by astronautlevel,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested network install yet, I'll update this post when I have.
Astro and I have tested out LAN, doesn't work. It "installs" any CIA in almost an instant, obviously it doesn't actually install.
It crashes the 3DS if you return to FBI, and it hangs on "exiting" if you try to close FBI after using LAN.

Edit: A man can dream, right?
UdWMgec.png

Last edited by Supster131,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: klear

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Pretty sure there is no "limit".
I've installed big games such as Xenoblade and Monster Hunter 4 over the network with no issues (not on the latest commit of course, but you know).
weirdly it fails when i try to install game cias... i had to manually copy to the sd card and install through there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry