Hardware [RELEASE] ezgba v0.1.0a - an EZ4 compatible ROM patcher

Lilarcor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I tried with another sd card , still no luck. Now I used another modified patch.bin to reset to home loader , which uses Sel Str A B, everything goes well. I suspect something is wrong with my console or card. I will do more tests when I home.

Last edited by Lilarcor,

Riptide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey foobar_ for the life of me I can't get your precompiled windows exe to run under Win7_64. Made it through a bunch of missing dll errors by downloading them from elsewhere and throwing them in the working directory, but now I'm stuck at... "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

also can't seem to compile it myself, but thats a different story for a different day..

You think this is a 32/64 bit issue? Would you be able to compile a 64bit compatible executable if so?

foobar_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I missed some dependencies on Windows - I re-uploaded with the missing DLLs. Why don't you give the updated download link a try, see if that fixes it.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to share a tool I made: ezgba v0.2.0a-2

The official EZ-Flash 4 client is a piece of crap, so I wrote another one.
The EZ Flash 4 requires a special header patch to save properly, which my app will apply. In addition, all the standard patches, like SRAM, trimming, IPS, etc. are supported.

I appreciate your work. EZ Flash does not like PocketNES and it's an annoying process to fix the SRAM header.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that tool looks friendly and useful, wish I had it when I last had an ez-flash iv a few years back. That tool was garbage, but I never did have a problem placing PocketNES (or either Goomba on it) so not sure what that's about.

amiiboh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. I can't get the OS X version working on Yosemite, even though I was able to use Homebrew to install the dependencies. ezgba just crashes immediately.

D

Deleted User

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for all the hard work Foobar, I just got an EZ4 in the mail and ezgba has worked perfectly for everything so far.

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for a in *.gba; do
  ezgba-cli --in-place -i "$a"
done
Thanks for this app, it will make it extremely useful that I can patch roms within OS X and don't have to have a Windows VM!

However when attempting to run the app I am encountering a few issues I'm hoping you will be able to assist with.
  1. Whenever I tried to launch "ezgba.app" it crashes instantly and fails to load.
  2. I also attempted to process the roms as a batch by adding the quoted piece of a text to a .sh file but I kept getting the following error when running it via Terminal. The error is "Patch_GBA_Roms.sh: line 4: 45097 Segmentation fault: 11 /Users/ben/Documents/Scripts/GBA_Roms/ezgba-cli --in-place -i "$a""
  3. I then attempted to patch just one rom, by running the following in Terminal: "/Users/ben/Documents/Scripts/GBA_Roms/ezgba-cli --in-place -i /Volumes/Storage/Games/Nintendo/GBA/Extracted_Roms/2K\ Sports\ -\ Major\ League\ Baseball\ 2K7\ \(USA\).gba" I get the following error: Segmentation fault: 11
I am attempting to run the app on OS X 11.4 (El Capitan)

Any ideas? Also are you able to advise me of all the app parameters or where I can find them, as I am wanting to modify the quoted piece of code to output the patched file to a different location.

Thanks,

Vel

Last edited by Velocity,

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm. I can't get the OS X version working on Yosemite, even though I was able to use Homebrew to install the dependencies. ezgba just crashes immediately.
Same problem, but on El Capitan. The icon appears and disappears straight away.

[edit] works perfectly on Win10 though

Last edited by riggs,

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could someone please explain what the following options are for:
  • Correct complement checksum
  • Uniformize ROM padding

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....so i don't have to run this on a windows XP virtual machine anymore to use the EZ4-Client?

Blu-Ray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Filedrake is down since the 18th of July. Can someone please reupload this tool to a different service?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1