ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

Germaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm having a problem, I'm able to view this .bch file in Ohana3DS and Ohana3DS Rebirth but EFE just gives me a blank window
YqSRN0D.png
Help, anyone?

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to edit the banner for puyo puyo tetris but I've been having problems saving the .bcmdl file. I can import the modified .png file into the .bcmdl but whenever I try to save the file I either get an error or nothing happens. If anyone wants to take, a look the files have been uploaded here.

nwUUSiI.png

Chrisblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there!
I am very impressed by "Every File Explorer" it really helps to improve my romhacking workflow.
Anyway when I import a PNG there seems to be a certain level of visible compression:
runefactory_title_DE.png

I tried to save my PNG's with different options and tried GIMP and Paint.NET. Is there a good way to enhance the quality?

Also atm your tool doesn't seem to support BCTEX files. Although it detects the textures correctly it doesn't save the files properly but working around that shouldn't be difficult at all.
I can edit BCTEX files by keeping a copy of the original file, then edit the file with your tool and restoring the header from the old file. All I have to do then is deleting some NULL-Bytes at the end and voilá: The game shows the replaced BCTEX correctly. (The above screen shows two replaced BCTEX files).

So for adding BCTEX support you would just have to keep the header-information from 00 to the "IMAG" section in memory. Then when saving the file you just have to keep the old header and delete the Terminator Bytes at the end.
Adding the BCTEX support would most certainly make things more accessible. I think you could easily add it within an hour of work.

I hope that helps a little bit. ;) (I didn't find any useful information about BCTEX and had to find my own solution so if there is a better way of editing BCTEX files I would appreciate some advice. ^^)

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As far as I know, we can't do anything about it. There doesn't seem to be anything on BCTEX, anyway.
Hope it can be figured out soon.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if there's a change to make a .efesc script for EFE to batch convert bclim to png or back?
texturipper_1.2 seems to give wrong dimension when converting to bclim to png but it log files (filename.txt) give the right png dimension and so is EFE gives the correct dimension and png2bclim seems not to support some formats

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if there's a change to make a .efesc script for EFE to batch convert bclim to png or back?
texturipper_1.2 seems to give wrong dimension when converting to bclim to png but it log files (filename.txt) give the right png dimension and so is EFE gives the correct dimension and png2bclim seems not to support some formats
It would require to register a command to do so in https://github.com/Gericom/EveryFileExplorer/blob/master/3DS/N3DSPlugin.cs (like is done for bcmdl), then you can make a script to batch convert. There should be an example somwhere in this topic.

D

Deleted User

Sorry but when i import 3d models from the game "Hatsune Miku:Project mirai DX" both character models and stages become withouth parts or with uv messed up when exported...I tried with dae and obj since i use only those 2...
I already tried ohana3ds, but it opens only some stages, crash when opening 3 models and some stages and models are still with messed up uv. How to fix?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but when i import 3d models from the game "Hatsune Miku:Project mirai DX" both character models and stages become withouth parts or with uv messed up when exported...I tried with dae and obj since i use only those 2...
I already tried ohana3ds, but it opens only some stages, crash when opening 3 models and some stages and models are still with messed up uv. How to fix?
This program isn't ideal for hacking models, especially for Project Mirai DX (The only thing I can do with the program is extract textures). As for the Ohana3DS part, you need to use Ohana3DS Rebirth to view the correct models. If you are using it then your romfs is probably corrupted.

D

Deleted User

Mh...well, the models are rippable. But ohana literally crashes when opening these 3 modules. For stages same, i have to use efe, but then stages have missing meshes...
This program isn't ideal for hacking models, especially for Project Mirai DX (The only thing I can do with the program is extract textures). As for the Ohana3DS part, you need to use Ohana3DS Rebirth to view the correct models. If you are using it then your romfs is probably corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter