• Likes 87

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi dok3, i cant seem to run the latest version of emunand using the homebrew launcher. can you point me to the right direction, I'm new at this, many thanks!
I guess that is because you either run it from EmuNAND or your SysNAND is > FW 9.2. If the later is the case, you need to find ways to downgrade, but I can't help with that.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for your reply dok3, I'm running on ver 9.2.0-20U. I'm following this guide, https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and got stuck with running emunand9 since it only gets me back to the homebrew launcher menu. When I open emunand9, the screen turns red. black then red and goes right back to the homebrew launcher
Maybe this is the result of an incomplete downgrade? If not, a fix is coming up, but that will take for a bit.

kesongputi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this is the result of an incomplete downgrade? If not, a fix is coming up, but that will take for a bit.
I did got an error while doing the downgrade, I rerun the downgrade just now and everything went well with the downgrade process. I run emunand9 and I am getting a black screen for 5 minutes now. I'm not sure if I'll still wait for anything to happen.

Do you think it would be best to update to 10.7 and downgrade back to 9.2?

Last edited by kesongputi,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did got an error while doing the downgrade, I rerun the downgrade just now and everything went well with the downgrade process. I run emunand9 and I am getting a black screen for 5 minutes now. I'm not sure if I'll still wait for anything to happen.
Force shutdown, try again. Failed boots are normal and expected with loading from Homebrew Launcher.

kesongputi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The menu is working now! thanks dok3. I'll update later if I was able to do it successfully!

I think rerunning the downgrade to 9.2 helped with the emunand9 not launching.

Last edited by kesongputi,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3, formatted my 128 GB mSD to Fat32 32kb cluster size. Used latest Emunand9 to format (full setup). After full setup in which sysNAND was cloned to emuNAND, I injected my emuNAND backup. There is now a 1.84 GB unformatted partition and a 117 GB partition on mSD. Is this normal? On an O3DS the same thing but unallocated partition size is 944 MB.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
@d0k3, formatted my 128 GB mSD to Fat32 32kb cluster size. Used latest Emunand9 to format (full setup). After full setup in which sysNAND was cloned to emuNAND, I injected my emuNAND backup. There is now a 1.84 GB unformatted partition and a 117 GB partition on mSD. Is this normal? On an O3DS the same thing but unallocated partition size is 944 MB.
The new 3ds has a different nand chip, either 1,2 or 1,8. I believe it was common sense.

Reactions: d0k3

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having trouble with EmuNAND9 20160326, I have a 4GB SD Card and any sort of options FAIL.
I am on A9LH AuReiNAND 4.2
Complete RedNAND Setup: Failed
Complete EmuNAND Setup: Failed
Format SD Fails with any options.
The SD card itself is good and can copy stuff fine. In fact, I did a Wii to Wii U transfer uisng the same SD Card.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new 3ds has a different nand chip, either 1,2 or 1,8. I believe it was common sense.

So this is normal? Disk 4 with 944 MB of unallocated space. Shouldn't it all just be one big partition and not 2 partitions?

Capture.PNG

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is normal? Disk 4 with 944 MB of unallocated space. Shouldn't it all just be one big partition and not 2 partitions?

View attachment 44718
the unallocated space is where your EmuNAND/RedNAND is. If you do not have an EmuNAND/RedNAND anymore, you can resize the FAT32 Partition to fill the whole SD Card again.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

View attachment 44718

the unallocated space is where your EmuNAND/RedNAND is. If you do not have an EmuNAND/RedNAND anymore, you can resize the FAT32 Partition to fill the whole SD Card again.
What he said. emuNAND doesn't exist on thin air. It's a partition in your SDcard... This is the unallocated space.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he said. emuNAND doesn't exist on thin air. It's a partition in your SDcard... This is the unallocated space.

My bad, I usually only use windows to view mSD/SD and windows doesn't show the partition so when I opened EaseUS Partition Master 10.8 that was the first time noticing the partition. I always assumed is was part of the main partition that was just called by CFW/Gateway.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I seem to be having trouble with EmuNAND9 20160326, I have a 4GB SD Card and any sort of options FAIL.
I am on A9LH AuReiNAND 4.2
Complete RedNAND Setup: Failed
Complete EmuNAND Setup: Failed
Format SD Fails with any options.
The SD card itself is good and can copy stuff fine. In fact, I did a Wii to Wii U transfer uisng the same SD Card.
Provide the exact screen output to me, then we will find. You might have to write it down or make a few photographs. Also check that there is no write protection or anything like this!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Provide the exact screen output to me, then we will find. You might have to write it down or make a few photographs. Also check that there is no write protection or anything like this!
-----------------------------------------

Total SD card size: 3856MB
Storage: 3846MB free / 3846MB total
Not yet formatted for EmuNAND
Press A to format, B to cancel

Writing new master boot record...
Formatting FAT partition...

Complete RedNAND Setup: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

----------------------------------------

I have formatted the SD card properly first with SD Formatter and it still did not work
When I check the drive with HxD, the SD card is completely blank and Windows asks to format it.
EDIT: Write protection is also off

Last edited by driverdis,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
My bad, I usually only use windows to view mSD/SD and windows doesn't show the partition so when I opened EaseUS Partition Master 10.8 that was the first time noticing the partition. I always assumed is was part of the main partition that was just called by CFW/Gateway.
You couldn't have assumed that because every time you create an emuNAND, the maximum size of your SDcard decreases. So it's logical that there is an unallocated space. It's common sense even for people that know little about such stuff.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-----------------------------------------

Storage: 3846MB free / 3846MB total
Not yet formatted for EmuNAND

Formatting FAT partition...

Press B to return, START to reboot.

----------------------------------------

I have formatted the SD card properly first with SD Formatter and it still did not work
When I check the drive with HxD, the SD card is completely blank and Windows asks to format it.
EDIT: Write protection is also off
This means the format itself failed. You don't even see an MBR, right (and you know what that is and where to find it)? It is pretty strange wiping the card would work, but not formatting. I can provide a test build within an hour or so, but first make 100% sure the error is not on your side. You could, for example, use GodMode9 to check if you can browse this SD card.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means the format itself failed. You don't even see an MBR, right (and you know what that is and where to find it)? It is pretty strange wiping the card would work, but not formatting. I can provide a test build within an hour or so, but first make 100% sure the error is not on your side. You could, for example, use GodMode9 to check if you can browse this SD card.

when I format with windows builti-in formatter (fat32 | 4096 byte Allocation unit size), Godmode9 can read the card just fine and A9LH runs fine also.
as soon as I do any kind of formatting in EmuNAND9, all data, incluidng is wiped from 0x0 to 0x240000 (which includes the MBR).
the rest of the data is probably leftovers of stuff that was on the SD card before it was wiped (arm9loaderhax.bin, the key bin files, firmware.bin, firmware90.bin, and the payloads).

the above also happens with the SD association formatter, which I think formats as FAT instead of FAT32.

I have also tried the overwrite full erase option in SD Formatter also with no success.
--------------------

I just noticed this in EmuNAND9
EmuNAND: SD is ready
SD storage: unknown filesystem

---------------------
this time a different result happened, I have no idea why
----------------------

Unknown or corrupt file system
Already formatted for EmuNAND

Formatting FAT partition
Unknown error/something went wrong here
Format this SD card from your PC first
Then try this again

Bress B to return, START to reboot.

----------------------

This time, the data was retained.
what is strange is that EaseUS partition master reads the SD card as Super Floppy, which I have never seen before.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ❄️ 😡 ❄️