Homebrew [Release] Easy Sudoku+Sudokuhax Installer

D

Deleted-394630

Can confirm that this worked on a USA console, preformed in 10 minutes, thank you for saving me from possibly bricking it myself!

Reactions: slaphappygamer

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also audio glitchies are still a thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

opps wrong thred

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI for anyone that might be having problems. For whatever reason, in order to get this to work my Console ID had to be in all CAPS. A lowercase "a" was the reason this ended up taking me much longer than it needed to. Thanks for the installer. Much faster than following the guide's method manually.

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is an entrypoint to launch homebrew ?
Using this tool, can i in anyway install the flipnote app on 1.4.5 dsi who dont have it installed and downgrade to 1.4?
Or, in anyway, using this can i avoid to try a hardmod and get the cfw on my DSi when it got released?
Sorry for newbie questions...

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this tool, can i in anyway install the flipnote app on 1.4.5 dsi who dont have it installed and downgrade to 1.4?
Or, in anyway, using this can i avoid to try a hardmod and get the cfw on my DSi when it got released?
i think this only works for 1.4 i have no clue

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this only works for 1.4 i have no clue

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my web browser bugged if you see 2 post i did not mean to spam

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it will not install Flipnote.
It only installs the EA Sudoku application, as well as the Sudokuhax save file. You'll need a way to read your NAND, decrypt it, and reflash it to utilize this program.

Just an FYI for anyone that might be having problems. For whatever reason, in order to get this to work my Console ID had to be in all CAPS. A lowercase "a" was the reason this ended up taking me much longer than it needed to. Thanks for the installer. Much faster than following the guide's method manually.
Thanks for the tip! I'll add it to the OP post.

Sahaquiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I saw in the TWLnf thread that it does app/tmd checks. I checked the .tmd file with the .app file in the second step (with the tool provided in the TWLnf thread), and they don't mach up. I tried both the EUR and USA version of the .app file. Maybe it doesn't matter, I don't know but I wanted to say that.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I saw in the TWLnf thread that it does app/tmd checks. I checked the .tmd file with the .app file in the second step (with the tool provided in the TWLnf thread), and they don't mach up. I tried both the EUR and USA version of the .app file. Maybe it doesn't matter, I don't know but I wanted to say that.
The TMD that's included with this installer is pre-trimmed, so that may be why.

Sahaquiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it with a .tmd file from another source and it doesn't matched up too, but that's off-topic. I wanted to thank you for your several scripts, they are realy useful. ^^

Reactions: dpad_5678

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
The TMD that's included with this installer is pre-trimmed, so that may be why.
Trimmed or not doesn't matter. TWLNF trims it if it's needed.
The problem is using a v1 TMD with a v0 APP.
TWLNF uses (I think) a sha1 verification that's in the TMD to make sure that the APP matches it so that you don't end up with a corrupted game on your NAND.

Sahaquiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trimmed or not doesn't matter. TWLNF trims it if it's needed.
The problem is using a v1 TMD with a v0 APP.
TWLNF uses (I think) a sha1 verification that's in the TMD to make sure that the APP matches it so that you don't end up with a corrupted game on your NAND.

But is a correct .tmd file realy needed to ensure a correctly instaled game? If yes, where do we get the correct .tmd files?

Sahaquiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I know. But we will need the correct .tmd files with the version corresponding to the .app files version to install DSiWare via TWLnf because it does sha1 verifications. If I understand everything right.

EDIT: And the .app file in the link posted in this thread's first post does not match up with the .tmd file in @dpad_5678 his .zip file.

Last edited by Sahaquiel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo