Need help installing Windows 3 with DSx86

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I've just recently installed DSx86 on my DSi running Twilight Menu ++ and it seemed to go fine. I haven't yet installed any games, was going to install Windows first following this old guide. I found the Win3 iso on the compatibility page as directed, downloaded and extracted all the files to a "win3" folder at the root of my SD. I also copied the ini file and 4dos to an DSx86 directory inside of "data." And like I said, it launches. As far as I can tell these are the only steps to take before launching the installer and getting down to business... But.. When I try to run setup it doesn't follow all the way through.

it immediately launches to a blue window with options to change initial setup info like display, keyboard mouse etc and at the bottom says "Complete changes: Accept the configuration shown above" as well as directing me to press enter to confirm my changes and exit. And if I do that, it quits. Just dumps me back in the win3 directory, no more setup. Can't find anyway to progress past that point. I've left my DSi open incase it was just churning through something in the background, but nothing.. If I try running setup again, I just get the same thing.

I really don't even know where to begin with this; everything I've been able to find about this seems to expect something to happen after running setup.

I also watched this yt guide someone shared here, but haven't tried their method as it uses different folder structure and is not really well explained (and it's yt, so.) In the video they just give you a zip to extract to your sd, and then you launch DSx86 and everything just installs itself... Hmm. I'd rather figure this out some other way, if possible, but it is an option. Just prefer to use the well documented method that I understand and troubleshoot.. So.

What am I getting wrong here guys? What else can I try to get this working? There are barely even any steps to mess up here...

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well Windows on DSx86 is just for fun actully you can do a lot of things but (in my opinion) actually playing with DOS and make your own menu is better, I explained this better few years ago, you find my post here :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/run-windows-3-0-on-nintendo-ds-dsi-2ds-3ds-easy.558868/#post-8967436

An other link is pretty cool, this is from YT, check the video description what you can find is interesting too :

Last thing, you have three ways to launch windows this link explain how to do :

https://jeffpar.github.io/kbarchive/kb/058/Q58317/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1