DSx86 rom issues - screen/file size and music reconfig

MOSDOSguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I am trying to get DSx86 up and running on my R4 flash cart, using my Nintendo 3DS XL, and so far, it's been going decently well.

However, I do have two questions.

Regarding SimAnt - the game itself uploads perfectly fine on DSx86, but the game screen size is WAY too large, even on my XL. Is there any way to reconfigure it so the game screen size matches the actual XL screen size? SimAnt is the only game I've had a problem like that with so far.

Also, trying to load up Master of Orion, it tells me that I need to reconfigure my sound hardware and it won't load because of that. I looked it up and it looks like there is something clashing with the game not recognizing SoundBlaster, and not loading in the emulator because of that. I've also run into issues with Master of Magic and Master of Orion 2, where they tell me I need "2700 more megabytes" or something like that to load the games. Any ideas?

I should also add that I am not very well versed on most things relating to this, so you may want to dumb down your explanations as simply as possible! :P

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Regarding SimAnt - the game itself uploads perfectly fine on DSx86, but the game screen size is WAY too large, even on my XL. Is there any way to reconfigure it so the game screen size matches the actual XL screen size? SimAnt is the only game I've had a problem like that with so far.
You should try by touching with stylus to scale to "smooth" option like this :

dsx86.png

Also, trying to load up Master of Orion, it tells me that I need to reconfigure my sound hardware and it won't load because of that. I looked it up and it looks like there is something clashing with the game not recognizing SoundBlaster, and not loading in the emulator because of that.
I've tried different settings, i've got the same problem maybe the game is not compatible with the emulator.

MOSDOSguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should try by touching with stylus to scale to "smooth" option like this :

View attachment 417344

I've tried different settings, i've got the same problem maybe the game is not compatible with the emulator.
Thanks for your reply!

I tried adjusting the "scale" option for SimAnt, using the feature you mentioned, but it goes from either GARGANTUAN on my XL screen, or super tiny (ironically enough, "ant sized"), so I can barely make out any of the text.

Is there any other way to adjust size in dsx86 at all?

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any other way to adjust size in dsx86 at all?
I don't think so, i've tested 150 games on DSx86 & DS2x86 and i've never found an other way to adjust screen size, sorry dude, DSx86 is a really good emulator but it is not suitable for all DOS games unfortunately

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?