Homebrew [Release] DSi Key Grabber - Get the DSi Common Key Legally!

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the only BOBdotEXE that I'm aware of. (yes, I do pop up here,and there)

And the main improvement would be to use a text based md5 hash program,
But it may also be possible to have the text converted to hex code via cmd as well,

With that, you could have the one script do all the steps instead of having to use 3 different programs.
Good idea, I'll look into that.

Reactions: alivebacon

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea, I'll look into that.

Actually, you could probably just call 'Md5Checker' at the end of the script.

Something like:
Code:
Echo "We're now going to verify your data, green means good!"
Md5Checker.exe checksum.md5
 Echo " Did you get a green check?"

That's just an example, but you could ask the user if they want to try again.

Also, Since this is Hex we're working with, the spaces aren't real, Their's no real need to ask the user to type that every time.

Last edited by BOBdotEXE,

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Version 2 Released!
This update adds a way easier way of generating it, and a Pokemon game in batch (because why not)
Download on the main post!
It's still legal, uses a loophole in user entry and has you manually save the .bin
The source code (Ex: opening the .bat in Notepad) will give you some useful insight as to how the program works.
I also removed instructions.txt
Let me know if there are any bugs, I'm sure I must have missed something.
Can't answer any questions tonight.
Regards,
-Luke

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone thinking this is illegal, it's quite fucking obviously not, the program itself is not illegal, it contains nothing illegal in it. Just because it's used to generate something that when shared is illegal doesn't mean that it's illegal to use this tool. If it were to contain the common key then it would be illegal, but like this it isn't.
How it is different from XORing it to a legal file to get a XORpad and sharing a program that xor a given file with that xorpad? By your logic, the program do nothing illegal, it just generates one.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How it is different from XORing it to a legal file to get a XORpad and sharing a program that xor a given file with that xorpad? By your logic, the program do nothing illegal, it just generates one.
It depends. XOR'ing is reversible. Hashing is not. If it is just storing a hash to verify you have the correct key, then that is very different from a XORpad. You may want to read up on XORpads to see how they differ. Or take a class in cryptology. You'll learn a lot of useful techniques.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much exactly the same as the one LukeHasAWii posted but without the extra crap

Yeah, but it didn't have basically the entire code already in the file. The other one had you answer questions that were pieced together in the end to create the code, but it itself did not contain the code.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Yeah, but it didn't have basically the entire code already in the file. The other one had you answer questions that were pieced together in the end to create the code, but it itself did not contain the code.
1) It doesn't contain the whole key, the whole key is illegal, part of it is not
2) Check out v2 of LukeHasAWii's program, it's pretty much the same as mine, as I just said

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this any different than the original dsi common key generator? That one was also legal. Uploaded it as a torrent 7 years ago and its still alive for some reason lol.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
without the added extra crap
Pretty sure the only extra thing was the pokemon game, also, this would probably be better off if you didn't literally put "If they typed 1 put whatever they typed here" you could instead do what the original one does, which makes this pointless to make except for removing a random game

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Pretty sure the only extra thing was the pokemon game, also, this would probably be better off if you didn't literally put "If they typed 1 put whatever they typed here" you could instead do what the original one does, which makes this pointless to make except for removing a random game
wut
yours had a buncha random crap in the zip and a buncha text which really wasn't needed, lol

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wut
yours had a buncha random crap in the zip and a buncha text which really wasn't needed, lol
Um, it's kinda pointless to have just the hex generated lol. Most people that are downgrading need it as a .bin, which is exactly what those programs turn the hex into.... you could always do it yourself but this is way easier so your version is pretty pointless lol

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Um, it's kinda pointless to have just the hex generated lol. Most people that are downgrading need it as a .bin, which is exactly what those programs turn the hex into.... you could always do it yourself but this is way easier so your version is pretty pointless lol
shrug, never said people had to use it
i just don't like my things with a buncha unnecessary crap

Reactions: slaphappygamer

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shrug, never said people had to use it
i just don't like my things with a buncha unnecessary crap
Yeah, I get it. Makes sense to have your version if you are the type of person that wants to download everything and do it yourself. And if you don't trust long .bat files in general lol
Edit: but it's not really unnecessary in order to have a working .bin, that term would be a bit misleading

Last edited by incidentallyscribble,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
fuck off mate, your tool is bloated with advertisements has a shit ton of pointless extras and really isn't necessary, lias is not fucking worthless what soever. people are capable of putting hex in a file, lol.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I get it. Makes sense to have your version if you are the type of person that wants to download everything and do it yourself. And if you don't trust long .bat files in general lol
She never said that she didn't trust your bat file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone