Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

Bazooka_Face

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not far less powerful than an o3ds.
Well, at least the 3ds has a stronger cpu. Clock rate of cpus don't mean anything. The psp has a cpu that is made from 1991. The 3ds has a newer cpu from the mid 2000s. The 3ds cpu can work with less clock speed because it is more efficient. It can output more instructions per cycle than the psp cpu. The psp cpu is from the same family as the ps1 and ps2, but an older model than ps2. The architechrure is called mips.

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least the 3ds has a stronger cpu. Clock rate of cpus don't mean anything. The psp has a cpu that is made from 1991. The 3ds has a newer cpu from the mid 2000s. The 3ds cpu can work with less clock speed because it is more efficient. It can output more instructions per cycle than the psp cpu. The psp cpu is from the same family as the ps1 and ps2, but an older model than ps2. The architechrure is called mips.

Oh sorry. I guess I'm inexperienced and have no idea what I'm talking about. You just have to implement register caching and optimize the dynarec to get a little bit more performance out of if. Knock yourself out, maybe your google skills might come in handy.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The N64 also uses a MIPS processor, which is why it was somewhat easy to bring emulation to the PSP. The 3DS has an ARM CPU, meaning MIPS instructions have to be converted to ARM. This is why it's difficult to develop this for the 3DS. I dunno why you're trying to educate developers here, but you do you. :rolleyes:

This thread is about an N64 emulator built for N3DS. Can we please keep the political and economic discussion in an appropriate place?
Nobody got political. I love it when people don't read the full context and immediately blurt out something to seem righteous.

Last edited by Joom,

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Nobody got political. I love it when people don't read the full context and immediately blurt out something to seem righteous.

Just stop. There are countless places you can post about whether Americans can afford rent and whether 50% of the population is unemployed. This is a thread about an N64 emulator.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just stop. There are countless places you can post about whether Americans can afford rent and whether 50% of the population is unemployed. This is a thread about an N64 emulator.
f-off dude. All the discussion was related to the console and such, nobody started talking about world hunger and unemployement but you. Shut up already

Reactions: n00bsaib0t

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys.

I think we got the point brought up.

Please keep it on topic, otherwise feel free to create a new thread to talk about prices and income around the world :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...go read post #915 again. I’ve never talked about world hunger or employment.
I think it's understandable we're all frustrated with the Coronavirus and its impact on everyday life. How I saw it, Joom was trying to relate to placebo_yue in how not everyone can acquire a New 3DS system in order to play the DaedalusX64 emulator at its full potential. Their chat was simply a brief human moment summed up as "Hey man! I feel you fam." Because not everyone interprets a given situation the same way, maybe you perceived their interaction play out differently. From my point of view, I don't think Joom intended for any political/economic grandstanding or derailment of this thread.

You know what's not really on topic? Eating cookies & cream ice-cream and chicken nuggets and listening to lofi hip hop on this fine sunny afternoon. While playing Yoshi's Story on the n3DSXL because masterfeizz's DaedalusX64 made that possible. If that sounds like a good time, I dare you to eat one of your nuggets dipped in the ice cream. Mad props to anyone who undertakes this Florida man challenge. :rolleyes:

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
You know what's not really on topic? Eating cookies & cream ice-cream and chicken nuggets and listening to lofi hip hop on this fine sunny afternoon. While playing Yoshi's Story on the n3DSXL because masterfeizz's DaedalusX64 made that possible. If that sounds like a good time, I dare you to eat one of your nuggets dipped in the ice cream. Mad props to anyone who undertakes this Florida man challenge. :rolleyes:
This is the most ridiculous thing I've read from you to date and I can't tell if I like or hate it

Ender3Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah? Well then explain how it runs so well on the psp, which might I add is far less powerful than the old 3ds?
You'd be wrong there.
O3DS runs at only 266Mhz, with a meagre 2 cores.
The PSP is a bit more interesting of a beast, with multiple processors for different aspects. I wasn't able to find a solid source on how many coprocessors there are, but there are at least three, each capable of running at 333Mhz.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where exactly did you go to school?
Clock rate is linear, meaning that a core running at 5 Ghz will be twice as powerful as one running at 2.5Ghz.
CPU date means nothing. For example, an Intel i5 from a generation ago will still outperform this generation's i3.
The only reason the O3DS's CPU could (theoretically) handle more instructions is because it has a second core. However, the PSP has multiple co-processors, effectively outperforming the O3DS.

On another note - @MasterFeizz how's the v0.3 release coming along? I heard something about a UI rewrite in the works?

Last edited by Ender3Guy,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be wrong there.
O3DS runs at only 266Mhz, with a meagre 2 cores.
The PSP is a bit more interesting of a beast, with multiple processors for different aspects. I wasn't able to find a solid source on how many coprocessors there are, but there are at least three, each capable of running at 333Mhz.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where exactly did you go to school?
Clock rate is linear, meaning that a core running at 5 Ghz will be twice as powerful as one running at 2.5Ghz.
CPU date means nothing. For example, an Intel i5 from a generation ago will still outperform this generation's i3.
The only reason the O3DS's CPU could (theoretically) handle more instructions is because it has a second core. However, the PSP has multiple co-processors, effectively outperforming the O3DS.

On another note - @MasterFeizz how's the v0.3 release coming along? I heard something about a UI rewrite in the works?

He's not wrong about the ARM11 cpu being more efficient; He's just wrong about the O3DS being "far more" powerful.

V0.3 is currently on hold as I'm playing around with the PS3.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's not wrong about the ARM11 cpu being more efficient; He's just wrong about the O3DS being "far more" powerful.

V0.3 is currently on hold as I'm playing around with the PS3.
You the man 50 grand Feizz. Thanks for giving love to a variety of otherwise “dead” scenes because people are jumping to the Switch. It means a lot to a lot of people and far more people appreciate it than what it looks like.

denpafan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next can ya work on a PSP or a GameCube?
iu
iu

Also GREAT WORK!! I really like this emulator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica