Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
"For the sound when changing level, i was trying to "fix" it right now (just set the audio playaback volume to 0 until it finishes loading)."

Well, that is actually a fix :) Dont forget that the same thing happens when saving as well!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I donated 40 euros :P

But please consider trying to move the statusmenu to the lower screen sometime. It would make you even more proud of your great port! :)

Fixxed for the config save loading (so if a config file exists (it get created automatically when you exit ctrHexenII), all the settings will be re-loaded at ctrHexenII startup).

Really thank your for your donation and your patience testing the whole thing :D

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
You will probably not getting the statusmenu on the lower screen in this release... But for this release you could perhaps make an option to turn the lower screen off? Maybe you have any application that already does this? Otherwise you could borrow Retroarchs code for lower screen turn off?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
You will probably not getting the statusmenu on the lower screen in this release... But for this release you could perhaps make an option to turn the lower screen off? Maybe you have any application that already does this? Otherwise you could borrow Retroarchs code for lower screen turn off?

Quite sure gsp::LCD is not accessible in usermode (at least for what i've experienced with lpp-3ds).

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Quite sure gsp::LCD is not accessible in usermode (at least for what i've experienced with lpp-3ds).

Hmm. But Retroarch does that in their 3DSX builds.. Don't know if they Retroarch is actually turning the lower screen off. But at least it is black.. Perhaps @aliaspider has done something like, black pixels only?

Fixxed for the config save loading (so if a config file exists (it get created automatically when you exit ctrHexenII), all the settings will be re-loaded at ctrHexenII startup).

Really thank your for your donation and your patience testing the whole thing :D

The joy was mine! :)

And this is an example (or proof) that shows that the most talented guys in the 3DS scene could do a Half life port :P

(If Hexen II takes a couple of evenings to make this great, then Half Life should be possible, even if that kind of port would need some more time..)

Im looking forward for the official Hexen II release :)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm. But Retroarch does that in their 3DSX builds.. Don't know if they Retroarch is actually turning the lower screen off. But at least it is black.. Perhaps @aliaspider has done something like, black pixels only?

The joy was mine! :)

And this is an example (or proof) that shows that the most talented guys in the 3DS scene could do a Half life port :P

(If Hexen II takes a couple of evenings to make this great, then Half Life should be possible, even if that kind of port would need some more time..)

Im looking forward for the official Hexen II release :)

Anyway the game console is something kinda useful to have at least. I can add a total console shutdown if R is hold on startup maybe.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
In regards to the perfect sound - does this stay in sync after 10 minutes or so? This is very similar to the timing values I used for prboom3ds and it gets out of sync after about 10 minutes.

@elhobbs i've noticed a slight out of sync with csnd:SND wrapper but dsp::DSP seems pretty solid and synced.

EDIT: Fixxing some minor things and reviewing the entire code.
Probably release will came tomorrow.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Moving the statusmenu on lower screen is not as trivial as it seems cause i'm quite sure the menu is rendered with internal functions (it means it get printed with the same renderer used for the whole game).
I was wondering one thing. You don't actually have to move the status menu. Perhaps it could be possible to duplicate, clone or mirror the status menu to the lower screen?

Last edited by SLiV3R,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I was wondering one thing. You don't actually have to move the status menu. Perhaps it could be possible to duplicate, clone or mirror the status menu to the lower screen?

It's the same, you always have to make a second renderer (which is difficult and fps killer since actually ctrHexenII uses software rendering).

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
ctrHexenII v.1.1 released with A LOT of new features and bugfixes!

Full changelog:
Code:
- Added Third Person Mode in Options Menu. (Experimental)
- Added dsp::DSP audio service with native stereo sound support and better audio quality.
- Improved csnd:SND audio service quality.
- Bugfix for save files: now they will work fine and won't get deleted after exiting homebrew.
- Bugfix for RemoveGIPFiles: now .pak files will not be deleted randomly anymore.
- Added 3DS and CIA builds.
- Bugfix for changelevel2: Now changing map will not cause a buffer overflow error anymore.
- Added screen flushing when an error occurs allowing you to correctly read the whole error.
- Made Debug Console optional (Hold L on ctrHexenII startup to enable it).
- Made Game Console optional (Hold R on ctrHexenII startup to disable it).
- Bugfix for water surfaces: now entering in a water surface will not cause a system crash anymore.
- Added Invert Camera in Options Menu to invert camera function for analogs (1st analog for O3DS, 2nd analog for N3DS).
- Added support for Camera movement to 2nd analog (N3DS only).
- Added Analog Sensitivity in Options Menu to modify sensitivity for camera movement with analogs.
- Now if config.cfg file exists, it will be loaded at startup instead of setting default values.
- Added Use Gyroscope in Options Menu to enable gyroscope for camera movement. (Experimental)

Download: http://rinnegatamante.it

Reactions: KaduPSE and SLiV3R

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
ctrHexenII v.1.1 released with A LOT of new features and bugfixes!

Full changelog:
Code:
- Added Third Person Mode in Options Menu. (Experimental)
- Added dsp::DSP audio service with native stereo sound support and better audio quality.
- Improved csnd:SND audio service quality.
- Bugfix for save files: now they will work fine and won't get deleted after exiting homebrew.
- Bugfix for RemoveGIPFiles: now .pak files will not be deleted randomly anymore.
- Added 3DS and CIA builds.
- Bugfix for changelevel2: Now changing map will not cause a buffer overflow error anymore.
- Added screen flushing when an error occurs allowing you to correctly read the whole error.
- Made Debug Console optional (Hold L on ctrHexenII startup to enable it).
- Made Game Console optional (Hold R on ctrHexenII startup to disable it).
- Bugfix for water surfaces: now entering in a water surface will not cause a system crash anymore.
- Added Invert Camera in Options Menu to invert camera function for analogs (1st analog for O3DS, 2nd analog for N3DS).
- Added support for Camera movement to 2nd analog (N3DS only).
- Added Analog Sensitivity in Options Menu to modify sensitivity for camera movement with analogs.
- Now if config.cfg file exists, it will be loaded at startup instead of setting default values.
- Added Use Gyroscope in Options Menu to enable gyroscope for camera movement. (Experimental)

Download: http://rinnegatamante.it

Yay! But this topic title is a bit wrong after this release :P

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yay! But this topic title is a bit wrong after this release :P

Asked moderators for a correction but until i get a proper GPU render fully working, it should be considered as a "dirty" ones since on O3DS it has a pretty bad framerate. (Especially if there is water in render scene).

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Asked moderators for a correction but until i get a proper GPU render fully working, it should be considered as a "dirty" ones since on O3DS it has a pretty bad framerate. (Especially if there is water in render scene).

Cool! I have been playing with this build for a while now. A couple of things:

I'm testing on a N3DS. 3dsx build hax 2.6.

- I didn't notice any speed difference between the cia and 3dsx. I guess both have 804 mhz enabled?
- The cia version has no sound for me. (So I'm leaving the cia version for now)
- when closing the n3ds while ingame and opening it again, the sound gets unsynced.
- Nice with the lower black screen :) But it would be great to add an additional option how we would like to have the lower screen. We have to push the R button at the exact right moment for it to get executed. If we push too early, the game crashes. If we push the R button to late, nothing happens.
- Very nice build! It seems very stable. Hexen II rocks! :)

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Works great on o3ds and saves without a hitch, fantastic job :D fps is not too bad either, it's still perfectly playable. I'm also reporting no sound in the cia version

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
After around one hour ingame. I got this on the debug screen. The audio is still the same. Don't know if this matters. But I thought it is better to report, than not to report.

Btw. I really love this game. It's more "open world" than Quake 1. (Even though Quake 1 is a much bigger classic) And Hexen II has a lot of destructible stuff. I smash it all :P

Attachments

• 20160319_213433.jpg
    20160319_213433.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
After around one hour ingame. I got this on the debug screen. The audio is still the same. Don't know if this matters. But I thought it is better to report, than not to report.

Btw. I really love this game. It's more "open world" than Quake 1. (Even though Quake 1 is a much bigger classic) And Hexen II has a lot of destructible stuff. I smash it all :P

As for the audio in CIA build, can you try to rename/remove dspfirm.cdc file in your 3ds folder and see if the same happens with csnd:SND?

Reactions: tiduscrying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, You do realise that just about any SD card formatted to FAT32 should work with the...