Homebrew [RELEASE] CtrBootManager/CtrBootManager9

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for this report, I will check this issue (I must confess, most of the time for my tests, I was in "infinite" loop mode).

"loopCount=0" means that the movie will be played only one time, no additional loop ("delayOnLoopStart" has no meaning in that case). Once the movie is over, it should display the background image or the background color (if there was no background image).

EDIT: Ok, it was a stupid mistake in configuration file read for this property. I attached a temporary version which fix this issue if you wish to try.

Attachments

• CtrBootManager_LoopCountFix.zip
    229.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by OperationNT,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@OperationNT

The most thing I'm looking for in this is the support for more than 11 entries. According to the setup page, this hasn't changed from the original source.

Would it be possible to implement that?

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,

I made a break on this project, maybe I will return to it when I have more time (I should also promote some latest changes for background images transparency and fade-in support and bottom screen font different color).

@Madridi : Supporting more than 11 entries would ask a lot of code change: currently, the config is hardcoded at 11 entries to avoid dynamic memory allocation (which is a pain to support in A9LH version).

@Billy Acuña : I will take a look when I have some time at BootCTR9 to add a password, but I assume it will ask a lot of code to support a virtual keyboard to enter the password.

I will go back on the project when I have more time (when I get my Dragonite in Pokemon Go :)).

Reactions: Madridi and DrkBeam

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Billy Acuña : I will take a look when I have some time at BootCTR9 to add a password, but I assume it will ask a lot of code to support a virtual keyboard to enter the password.
I didn't test the latest BootCtr9 with passwords but I assume it has nothing to do with keyboards. It's probably a password that you input with keys, like A,B,START,SELECT, like in arm9loaderhay too.
edit yeah, sounds like it, as seen from the wiki https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/wiki/Configuration

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hello everybody,

I made a break on this project, maybe I will return to it when I have more time (I should also promote some latest changes for background images transparency and fade-in support and bottom screen font different color).

@Madridi : Supporting more than 11 entries would ask a lot of code change: currently, the config is hardcoded at 11 entries to avoid dynamic memory allocation (which is a pain to support in A9LH version).

I will go back on the project when I have more time (when I get my Dragonite in Pokemon Go :)).
Thanks for the explanation. I had assumed the reason for that was of the hot key support (which I assume is a good feature, but I personally don't use it).

Well, if that can be implemented it would be great as we currently are getting a lot of stuff to add to a boot menu. D0k3's tools take half the space lol.

Enjoy your break, once you're back, I hope we can have a discussion on how we can get this compiled on windows so I can add it to my compiling program. I can get it compiled to produce the arm9loaderhax.bin, but not the other files included in a release. Ideally, it would be great to find out how to get a complete build rather than just the bin file on windows.

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @Madridi ,

I just touched back the project a little bit, you can find as attached the latest version of the code (not already promoted in Github) and binaries with the possibility of having more than 11 boot entries.

About compilation process, I must confess it is not well defined. I use 2 different folders, one for A9LH and the other for 3DSX version, because I wasn't able to create a CMakeList which can manage both in the same solution (and I don't wish to spend too much time on compilation process because, for me, it is far less funny than coding :)). You can find some history here:
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/issues/4

I will try to publish a new official version once I finish developping a feature which will allow to set thumbnails for each entry.

Attachments

• CtrBootManager_2.1.1src_Unofficial.zip
    576.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Unofficial_Release_2.1.1.zip
    434.7 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hello @Madridi ,

I just touched back the project a little bit, you can find as attached the latest version of the code (not already promoted in Github) and binaries with the possibility of having more than 11 boot entries.

About compilation process, I must confess it is not well defined. I use 2 different folders, one for A9LH and the other for 3DSX version, because I wasn't able to create a CMakeList which can manage both in the same solution (and I don't wish to spend too much time on compilation process because, for me, it is far less funny than coding :)). You can find some history here:

I will try to publish a new official version once I finish developping a feature which will allow to set thumbnails for each entry.
Amazing! I'll check out this release in a couple of hours when I am on the PC with my 3ds :D

Ah ok so that explains why I can only generate the a9lh version. I guess I'll add that in my program for now. Not sure if I should keep @cpasjuste version as it's obsolete (and I'm guessing abandoned at this point), so I'll just replace it.

Thanks again. I'll report back later :)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@OperationNT

So I finished testing it. Works great!

There is one bug that existed from the original version, that still exists here:
When you access the "settings", the cfg file is reduced to all entries. So if you had any comments, or a specific layout (spaces, tabs) in the cfg, all of those will be erased and the only the values will remain.

Also, noob question, but whats the difference between movies and animation in the program? I tested my anim that I use with bootanim9 as a movie, and I saw how it loaded instead of the top and bottom background. But what is animation?

Also just to note, bootanim9 config file was recently just changed to support it as a plain txt file. Is that implemented here or does it still expect to see the old bootanim config format?

Thanks again, superb work :)

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About "Settings" which destroys the comments, it is not really a bug: the file is recreated from scratch using only internal data. As comments are not "saved" as internal data when the original configuration file is read, there is a lost of information here.

About the difference between "[animation]" and "[topMovie]/[top3DMovie]/[bottomMovie]" categories:
- The "[animation]" category is here to describe some menu and background color changes during time.
- The movies categories are here to manage BootAnim9 movies
Another important point is that CtrBootManager completly ignores BootAnim9 config file! CtrBootManager doesn't try to follow any framerate, it will go at the maximum possible speed: this is why there is a huge difference between A9LH version (which uses the ARM9 CPU) and 3DSX version (which uses the ARM11 CPU). In addition, if the movie is compressed, it must be specified in the CtrBootManager configuration file with the "compression" property. You can see more details here:
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/wiki/CtrBootManager-setup

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @Madridi ,

Waiting for that sexy thumbnail feature.
Thanks for the +11 entries support :)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@OperationNT

There is no doubt that cmake is troublesome to say the least. People in general prefer a regular makefile for easy compiling.

Fortunately, it seems that @Reisyukaku apparently took on this task almost a year ago for the master branch of ctrbootmanger (3dsx)
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/CtrBootManager/commit/fdb1c269b026b6cbf9f983e3ccc15a5d4d4e043f

Would be troublesome to apply the same changes to your a9lh to get rid of cmake once and for all?

I'd assume this would also get rid of the problems you have with generating 3dsx from the master branch, as it might allow you to better manage/merge your code in the same branch :)

Reactions: Billy Acuña

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
New version 2.2.0 is available!
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/releases/tag/2.2.0

For Gateway users, please consult this solution:
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/issues/3

@Madridi : The branch you post seems to be based on a very old CtrBootManager version: it doesn't even contains any code to manage A9LH...
Thanks for the release :)

About the branch, I knew that. I just would've thought that with the info provided, you might be able to do the transition from cmake to a standard makefile, with the knowledge to add missing code (which in this case is a9lh)

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe, I will take a deeper look in compilation process ("makefile" instead of "cmake") once I finish some other features. Sorry but as I said before, I am not really passionated by compilation step :sad:. When I have a process which works, I tend to stick on it.

However, I still always provided both folders to generate/compile A9LH and 3DSX version on the main post (currently CtrBootManager_2.2.0src.zip).

Last edited by OperationNT,

MythosXe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ctrbootmanager.png

Looks nice, thanks for this

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the GW blue card for DS games with the manager and it keeps giving me a black screen. it works fine if I move Luma3DS bin file as the start up file in place of the boot manger. Even with the path change file it doesn't work. anyone know a solution for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work