Country
France

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I think there are essentially 2 ways to boot this manager the most efficent way (for me):

1. Use a 0 timeout and the recovery option and boot Luma 3ds as default (major con: ugly short flash of the bootmanager (in a previous version it just flashed thanks to screeninit, which still looked kinda ugly))
2. With Luma 3ds chainloding the bootmanager (Major Con: Can only use this when the 3ds is completly new booted, which makes injection and export of gba saves a nightmare)

I have used 2 for a while now, but would prefer 1. So I want a way to eliminate its con. Would it be possible to let the screen init only happen when the recovery key is pressed? I know it is just a graphical thing, so I do not think it deserves any priority, and I do not know how possible it is, but if you could manage it, I would greatly appreciate it. @OperationNT

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I decide to update my MenuHax with this.. now it just doesnt cold boot.

its been so long since i done any thing to my 3ds expect play game.

what am i doing wrong?

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I don't have MenuHax, I have a process to check it which is a little bit "strange". With A9LH, I load a 9.2 fimrware using Luma3DS and I check my MenuHax version from here. But it seems that with the last Luma3DS version, I got some issues with this process. So I considered it valid but maybe there is a problem. Can you please check if the version 2.1.1 works properly for you?
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/releases/tag/2.1.1
This version has been validated by other users for MenuHax.

Last edited by OperationNT,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decide to update my MenuHax with this.. now it just doesnt cold boot.

its been so long since i done any thing to my 3ds expect play game.

what am i doing wrong?
set Default being your CFW's Loader/payload and Timeout to 1

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this problem made me so mad, that i done the a9lh hack thingy..

because it just wasnt working. what ever i did
cant say that it wasnt a Bad thing moving to A9LH, but yea i'm not sure either what broke your coldbooting as i used thgis for so long myself.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
cant say that it wasnt a Bad thing moving to A9LH, but yea i'm not sure either what broke your coldbooting as i used thgis for so long myself.

the new luma update was just not working.. so i read this here i read this they. before i knew it it was out of control.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new luma update was just not working.. so i read this here i read this they. before i knew it it was out of control.
Ohh .. OHH that when it changed paths! umm that was a simple fix if it was said from teh getgo, you haveto have a path.txt now in /luma that defines where the actual luma payload is aka if you rename it or move it off root or use the A9LH vers of this or move the .3dsx for the menuhax vers

for Ex. in path.txt if its in saaay /Payloads/LumaMenuhax.3dsx then it hasto be defined in the .txt as that , same goes w/ A9LH vers

Reactions: Flame

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New version 2.3.1 is available!
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/releases/tag/2.3.1

@human_kirby : I must confess I don't often use CtrBootManager9 as a direct "arm9loaderhax.bin" payload: when I develop on it, it is "too dangerous" because if I make a programming mistake, my New3DS XL simply crashes on boot (and I a lazy to open it with a screwdriver to eject the SD card :)). But I made an exception to check the effect of direct chainloading with CtrBootManager9 and I must confess, it is ugly. So, this version is the solution for this issue.
However, I cannot enable this behavior by default because it make crash any binary which doesn't do the screen initialization. So, you must manually add "screeninit" parameter in the configuration file.

Reactions: human_kirby

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New version 2.3.1 is available!
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/releases/tag/2.3.1

@human_kirby : I must confess I don't often use CtrBootManager9 as a direct "arm9loaderhax.bin" payload: when I develop on it, it is "too dangerous" because if I make a programming mistake, my New3DS XL simply crashes on boot (and I a lazy to open it with a screwdriver to eject the SD card :)). But I made an exception to check the effect of direct chainloading with CtrBootManager9 and I must confess, it is ugly. So, this version is the solution for this issue.
However, I cannot enable this behavior by default because it make crash any binary which doesn't do the screen initialization. So, you must manually add "screeninit" parameter in the configuration file.

Awesome, works like a charm. Thank you very much. I totaly understand that you do not useit that way. Had a ver similar experience with coding outside of a moddingloader of a game, and there I did not even need to screw off a cover plate.

Edit: Ok, it worked totaly fine for some boots, but now it just keeps a black screen. It however boots Luma just fine when I booted it from it from the boot menu. I looked into my config file, but everything is as it should be. It works if you use CTRbootmanagers screeninit however.

Last edited by human_kirby,

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Awesome, works like a charm. Thank you very much. I totaly understand that you do not useit that way. Had a ver similar experience with coding outside of a moddingloader of a game, and there I did not even need to screw off a cover plate.

Edit: Ok, it worked totaly fine for some boots, but now it just keeps a black screen. It however boots Luma just fine when I booted it from it from the boot menu. I looked into my config file, but everything is as it should be. It works if you use CTRbootmanagers screeninit however.
Edit2: There is a consistent thing which should not happen. SO here is what it looks like:
1. Boot 3ds normaly, Luma startsnormaly. Shut down.
2. Boot 3ds. Hangs with a black screen.
3. Look into the config via the the manager itself. Passwort fail behaivor is set to Freeze onthe last rendered image, even though it should be Load LumaCfw.
4. I set the option to Load LumaCfw and shut down.
5. It now repeats everything tarting from 1

So it seems it is somewhat connected to the Passwort fail behaivior option. I do not use a password by the way,but I alsotryed with one. But it did not really change anything.

Last edited by human_kirby,

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys!

Im trying to use ctrbootmanager9 with my luma as a recovery menu (boot directly on luma unless start is pressed). I've placed Ctr as a payload but I dont know where I have to place the cfg file.

EDIT: I've figured it out where to place it, but there is other way to have this as a recovery?

Thanks! (sorry for my english)

Last edited by dorisnov,

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@dorisnov : If your question is about "a9lh.cfg" file position, you can hex-edit CtrBootManager9 where there is the following string:
upload_2016-10-9_16-27-36.png

Don't forget to end up your path with a null value!

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this only for A9LH users or can it be used as an replacement for the "original classic ctrbootmanager" aka menuhax users`?

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the release package, you can use "CtrBootManager.3dsx" for MenuHax. I didn't have the time to test the latest version myself with MenuHax. Please report me any issue.
You can also try the 2.1.1 version if you have trouble with the latest version: this one definitly works with MenuHax.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this only for A9LH users or can it be used as an replacement for the "original classic ctrbootmanager" aka menuhax users`?
if you dont liek the splash screens, just remove the entries for them in it's Config. the fade will stop and you wont see em,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I sank most my tokens and quarters in this game when I was a kid. A classic.