Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: Deleted User

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually with the new release of FBI there's a simpler way I forgot about. Using the latest FBI, go to the Titles submenu, select the game, and choose the seed option. It's like magic
This works, thanks for the hint. One question: Where does the seed info actually come from in FBI? Just curious.

Jonkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys.
I have installed CIAngel with a youtube tutorial, but i think, i missed something. No matter what i am searching for, i get the message "No matching titles found." What is my mistake?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it would be better if it also downloads the games seed so you don't need to cypto fix it if its a game that did not come out in your regoin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The game probably has an extra layer of encryption, and you get the key just by visiting the eShop page. If it's an out of region game, you will need to get your hands on a seeddb.bin file that contains the key for that game, and decrypt the CIA with Decrypt9 before install.

I gotta start leaving that in my clipboard.
well it would be better if ciangle also downloaded the key from Nintendo servers so those games will run with out having to do any of that.

can nintedo put more encyption on there servers to stop this

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Just a question , is the download speed same for all or?
Cuz with most of hosts in my pc i can attempt 600 Kb/s thx to my connexion.
With that tool, speed is 80-100 kB/s.
Is it a prob from my connexion or..?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question , is the download speed same for all or?
Cuz with most of hosts in my pc i can attempt 600 Kb/s thx to my connexion.
With that tool, speed is 80-100 kB/s.
Is it a prob from my connexion or..?
It depends on a few factors. The 3ds WiFi in itself is slow, http transfers only seem to ever get up to ~800K/s, then depending on your SD card write speed that will go down even more.

With a class 10 micro SD card I'm managing ~600-800K/s pretty consistently

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
It depends on a few factors. The 3ds WiFi in itself is slow, http transfers only seem to ever get up to ~800K/s, then depending on your SD card write speed that will go down even more.

With a class 10 micro SD card I'm managing ~600-800K/s pretty consistently
Class 10? I dunno about that.
Also i use a sd adapter with a micro sd...

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Class 10? I dunno about that.
Also i use a sd adapter with a micro sd...
I'm using an SD Adapter too. MicroSD and adapter are both Kingston, the MicroSD card itself is a 64GB Micro SDXC U1 (Class 10). Depending on your internet, wifi saturation/signal strength, and SD card speed, you'll end up getting a different speed than other people.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
My mic
I'm using an SD Adapter too. MicroSD and adapter are both Kingston, the MicroSD card itself is a 64GB Micro SDXC U1 (Class 10). Depending on your internet, wifi saturation/signal strength, and SD card speed, you'll end up getting a different speed than other people.
ro sd and adapter are samsung, 16 GB HC U1 (What Class?)
My interrnet still good anyway.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My mic
U1 is Class 10. I'm not sure why you're not getting good speeds, but it's unlikely to be due to CIAngel itself.

My mic
I've actually found that downloading to SD is much slower than directly installing the CIA, so keep that in mind too.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had a bit of time today before I have to run off and do some other things, so I threw together CIAngel v0.80!

CIAngel 0.80
  • Remove existing ticket/title data before installing, incase a bad ticket is already installed
  • Add seed entry for installed games (No more need for cryptofixing)
  • Add region to generated CIA file names
Latest release is available here as always: https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases
You can use this QR code for scanning/installing in FBI:
CIAngel.php

While it's not a very big release, it does have the much wanted seeddb code, so no more needing to cryptofix CIAs before installing :)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a bit of time today before I have to run off and do some other things, so I threw together CIAngel v0.80!

CIAngel 0.80
  • Remove existing ticket/title data before installing, incase a bad ticket is already installed
  • Add seed entry for installed games (No more need for cryptofixing)
  • Add region to generated CIA file names
Latest release is available here as always: https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases
You can use this QR code for scanning/installing in FBI:
CIAngel.php

While it's not a very big release, it does have the much wanted seeddb code, so no more needing to cryptofix CIAs before installing :)
I used an older verison of this, and with that it actually saved the file i downloaded as a .cia so i could hold onto it if i wanted to. Does this new update do the same because i do not see a option to do so.

Last edited by cvskid,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used an older verison of this, and with that it actually saved the file i downloaded as a .cia so i could hold onto it if i wanted to. Does this new update do the same because i do not see a option to do so.
No, install mode just installs, download mode just downloads/saves the CIA, and ticket mode just installs the ticket.

Reactions: cvskid

BitBobble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure where to post this. Had Kirby Planet Robobot installed and it launched fine from the Home Menu. Accidentally visited the eShop page for it and it locked it like it was a pre-load ... it'll just say "Days until distribution starts" instead of launching it. I can still launch it from FBI. Is there something I need to delete in order to shake that weird pre-load lock?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure where to post this. Had Kirby Planet Robobot installed and it launched fine from the Home Menu. Accidentally visited the eShop page for it and it locked it like it was a pre-load ... it'll just say "Days until distribution starts" instead of launching it. I can still launch it from FBI. Is there something I need to delete in order to shake that weird pre-load lock?
Is this a game you had installed using CIAngel...? I'm not seeing it in the titlekey list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock