Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Drakia I just thought it would be one of those things that would be cool to test just to see if it would work somehow

Also Drakia and @cearp have y'all tried seeing if y'all can make this install tickets with your unique console if tied to it? I'm not sure if I'm getting my idea across, but it would be a neat idea. (Sorta like that personal CIA that you was trying to make Cearp)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@Drakia I just thought it would be one of those things that would be cool to test just to see if it would work somehow

Also Drakia and @cearp have y'all tried seeing if y'all can make this install tickets with your unique console if tied to it? I'm not sure if I'm getting my idea across, but it would be a neat idea. (Sorta like that personal CIA that you was trying to make Cearp)
yeah well the thing is it just won't install, i'm sure it is something on the fw side that needs to be patched out.
actually, i didn't test just the ticket installing, only whole cias, but i'm pretty sure it won't work because the ticket is the reason why the cia won't install.
if we change the ticket a little, the cia woudl install fine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, looks like that function was renamed in newer libctru versions to "AM_InstallTicketFinish". To build right now you'll need a version of libctru older than this commit: https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/commit/b1f4f431e8238623cdf8d045a4c690b408483804
ok, i'lll update my libctru :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would actually like to see someone try this. But it would probably only install the ticket...
So I want someone to try using this to install a ticket and then access the eshop and see if you can redownload the game without having a CFW.
Would be an awesome test.
the tickets are not legit, we need hacks to load them, it's that simple :( :)

Reactions: Madridi

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah well the thing is it just won't install, i'm sure it is something on the fw side that needs to be patched out.
actually, i didn't test just the ticket installing, only whole cias, but i'm pretty sure it won't work because the ticket is the reason why the cia won't install.
if we change the ticket a little, the cia woudl install fine
So my dumb question could be the beginning of something major?

Dunno if I should feel special or like :P

Edit; Ninja'd.

Now I feel Facepalmy

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my dumb question could be the beginning of something major?

Dunno if I should feel special or like :P

Edit; Ninja'd.

Now I feel Facepalmy
Lol, don't feel bad, I normally do the same thing @cearp did where I reply one post at a time, far easier to collect my thoughts for each individual response. And with a thread that's as active as this one gets at times, it can lead to a lot of posts in a row :P

Reactions: cearp and Ricken

Glassed Silver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mhh, one question (and no, I'm not going to browse 51 pages for answers haha)

Can Nintendo identify your console in the process of downloading or is this method as much of a hint to them as if you downloaded from your PC?
Bonus question: does a method exist to download CIAs from Ninty's CDN via PC?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

Can Nintendo identify your console in the process of downloading or is this method as much of a hint to them as if you downloaded from your PC?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...-from-eshop-content-no-tickets-needed.423025/
we don't know what nintendo CAN do, but they have not really taken action against anyone yet for piracy, as long as 3ds piracy has existed, it seems.
some people took my tool and wrote stuff that uses my tool, some people rewrote my tool/idea :) but if you can use python you can play with FunKeyCIA yes. if not, use their other tools, there are literally like 5 or 6 i think, i don't know what to recommend since i never touched them but CDN-FX seems nice, it's in java and has a gui

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Glassed Silver

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

FunKeyCIA for the last question.

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anything with signature patching. Personally I'm running a9lh w/ Luma3DS CFW on 10.7 sysnand.

When searching for a title (anything) with CIAngel 0.6, it shows a 'list' with 20 blank entries:

(big image alert)
HFzJrZp.jpg

My system: EUR n3DS | A9LH Luma3DS v5.4 @ sysNAND 10.7.0-32E (no bootmanager or emuNAND) | 8GB FAT32 formatted Toshiba Class 10/UHS-I, cluster size (currently) unknown

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When searching for a title (anything) with CIAngel 0.6, it shows a 'list' with 20 blank entries:

(big image alert)
HFzJrZp.jpg

My system: EUR n3DS | A9LH Luma3DS v5.4 @ sysNAND 10.7.0-32E (no bootmanager or emuNAND) | 8GB FAT32 formatted Toshiba Class 10/UHS-I, cluster size (currently) unknown
Do you have wings.json in the CIAngel folder?

Reactions: 2manyGames2play

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys!
I have placed the wings.json file in the folder and i can find cias and also install them.
However i cant find the CIAs i want. For example "Zelda" just throws me out Tetris, Dr. Mario and other stuff. Am i doing sth wrong?

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
I have placed the wings.json file in the folder and i can find cias and also install them.
However i cant find the CIAs i want. For example "Zelda" just throws me out Tetris, Dr. Mario and other stuff. Am i doing sth wrong?
Same issue here. But I think this has to do with inputting "fuzzy" search terms. I've found out that unless I search for the game using the complete, entire title, it just spits out the same listing of a bunch of unrelated games (Tetris, 2048, etc. etc.).

Reactions: Matzeus

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have wings.json in the CIAngel folder?

I believe i can fly ^_^(problem solved ;))

@cearp Two things i've noticed:

- Search is a little funky i.e. i'm getting completely unrelated (random?) results than what i'm looking for
- You can't abort downloads/installations (a pain when encountering big titles)

Other than that it is great and there's no doubt it will become better with each update. TYVM! :bow:B-)

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,
Reactions: Deleted User

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm catching up on a lot of the ticket/CDN stuff so please excuse me if this has been asked already, because I searched around and had a hard time finding an answer. I noticed that CIAngel no longer downloads the ticket to the SD card and just simply installs them. Is there a way to backup these tickets? Now that we have the ability to do all this, I'd love to backup all my CIA's and ticket files to my PC if I can.

bobfacemoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not searching through 51 pages to try find the answer to this. xD

Does this work on say, a clean 10.5 sysNAND with just HBL access? If so I could use it to download VVVVVV and install V*hax since if I softbrick during downgrading to 9.2, I'll have to update to 10.7, and my 3ds is broken and doesn't read gamecarts so I'd more or less be screwed, so I wanna know if I could use this as a backup before I downgrade, if that'll even work? Haha

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Does this work on say, a clean 10.5 sysNAND with just HBL access? If so I could use it to download VVVVVV and install V*hax since if I softbrick during downgrading to 9.2, I'll have to update to 10.7, and my 3ds is broken and doesn't read gamecarts so I'd more or less be screwed, so I wanna know if I could use this as a backup before I downgrade, if that'll even work? Haha
No that won't work, running CIAs downloaded/created with CIAngel requires CFW with signature patching.
However as far as I know, Browserhax still works on 10.5, so you can follow Plai's guide here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
That will get you set up with a9lh and updated/patched SysNAND. Make sure to read and follow EVERY step exactly as it's spelled out. Also read the FAQ prior to starting, as it has answers for questions a lot of people run into during the process.

DerEineee

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

No. You need a custom firmware. Cia installation only works whit kernel access!

bobfacemoo

Trophies
XP
Country
No that won't work, running CIAs downloaded/created with CIAngel requires CFW with signature patching.
However as far as I know, Browserhax still works on 10.5, so you can follow Plai's guide here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
That will get you set up with a9lh and updated/patched SysNAND. Make sure to read and follow EVERY step exactly as it's spelled out. Also read the FAQ prior to starting, as it has answers for questions a lot of people run into during the process.

Yeah ik about A9, I have a 3DS kicking around which I installed A9 to. xD I just don't wanna softbrick this one and have to update to 10.7 to fix it as I can't run gamecards. Looks like I gotta take the risk though. xD

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find it strange that Nintendo have the GBA Ambassdor games on the server and they still haven't made them purchasable but yet again Nintendo doesn't like money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday