Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Ryan86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess I could use some help here.

I launch CHMM2 from its installed cia in my Home. I press Power to initialize it, I get asked if my NANDs are unlinked. They are, and it says that for once I'll need a hard boot once. I also get a warning that some file was not found and the sound preview of themes will not be possible. So far, no biggie.

Then, it does not seem to matter if I choose a single theme or put them in shuffle mode, even if I press X and see the message "installing theme", when I leave CHMM2, my Home is still blank (white, theme-less). I tried turning my 3DS off as I exit it, as I go back to emuNAND, still nothing.

There was once that a Suicune theme that I tried appeared, but next time I went Home, it was blank again.

I always get asked if the NANDs are unlinked and informed that I'll need to turn my system off the first time, but I've done this countless times. And yes, I'm using the 2.6 version.

Any ideas?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I guess I could use some help here.

I launch CHMM2 from its installed cia in my Home. I press Power to initialize it, I get asked if my NANDs are unlinked. They are, and it says that for once I'll need a hard boot once. I also get a warning that some file was not found and the sound preview of themes will not be possible. So far, no biggie.

Then, it does not seem to matter if I choose a single theme or put them in shuffle mode, even if I press X and see the message "installing theme", when I leave CHMM2, my Home is still blank (white, theme-less). I tried turning my 3DS off as I exit it, as I go back to emuNAND, still nothing.

There was once that a Suicune theme that I tried appeared, but next time I went Home, it was blank again.

I always get asked if the NANDs are unlinked and informed that I'll need to turn my system off the first time, but I've done this countless times. And yes, I'm using the 2.6 version.

Any ideas?

I'll probably need to double check the code since it seems to not work properly for unlinked nands. To solve the problem you can start menuhax_manager from emuNand (use hbl_loader) and delete the installed content.

Sirence

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I am using the latest chmmd on my new 3ds, but I have a problem with the music from the themes only playing once and then stopping. I only use official themes, and they work fine with my old 3ds. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Edit: I am using the Shuffle Feature with 3 Themes.

Last edited by Sirence,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
heya fellas, is there a way i can use a Custom theme of mine with CHMM on my sysNAND?

i have a9lh set and my NANDS are unlinked sys/emuNAND :)

, so if i launch HB through sysNAND or if i just install the CHMM cia on sysNAND and load it from there to set a custom theme ,will it work and is safe etc. ?
thanks in advance !

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
heya fellas, is there a way i can use a Custom theme of mine with CHMM on my sysNAND?

i have a9lh set and my NANDS are unlinked sys/emuNAND :)

, so if i launch HB through sysNAND or if i just install the CHMM cia on sysNAND and load it from there to set a custom theme ,will it work and is safe etc. ?
thanks in advance !

Yes

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Did you already made a theme management info?

Aah never mind about the boot 3dsx'es as i found out about it!

but i still cant get CHMM manager to set a theme in my sysNAND :/
mmm i even re-ran dsp within HB launcher off sysNAND ! and still no dice ><

i use Custom themes btw. (inside emuNAND it works perfectly, i wonder why it isnt working within sysNAND)

i will try running CHMM off HB within sysNAND then trying to set a theme.

Edit: alright , through HB - CHMM within sysNAND the themes set fine on my sysNAND!
it says 2.1 Beta , i guess i am using an older version of the 3dsx/sdmh :)

still all good now,thanks.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

BryceTheCrafter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I can't get the shuffle to work for me. I am on New 3ds firmware 10.7.0-32U using ninjhax. I am also on CHMM2 2.6. It says "Installing Shuffle Themeset", but when I got to the home menu, its the default white theme.

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Is there a tutorial how to install this? I cant even find the cia or a zip file in git hub

Also does this work on updated sysnand with arm9loaderhax?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you, do I have to get the dsp thingie too? if so, where do I put it. I have access to uncart and decrypt9.
No you don't have to get it. I actually think it's a waste of time to because when you use it with Chmm2, it takes longer for the themes to load properly because it's loading the music as well as the theme. If you really want it though, go back to the website I linked, and look for Dsp Firmware Dumper in the hombre section as well. I think that's the easiest way to go about it. You should know what to do once you download it since you obviously can navigate through the homebrew menu. I kinda forgot what you do after you retrieve your Dsp though. Try just using Chmm2 after getting it. It might just extract it to the right place.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
yo guys, can i remove the tmp_bgm from the theme folders of mine? i edited some of the sound effects with Yata+ and i think that created those?

Edit: tried it, and the sound effects are still there, tmp bgm are safe to remove !

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

KyokoLive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I start CHMM2 (lates Version 2.6) it just says "Error: [string "?"]:236: cannot access exdata archive" Do you know how I could fix this? Sorry if the solution is obvious and easy but I'm quite new to the whole Homebrew thing.
My System Version is 10.7.0-32E and I'm using OoTHax to boot Homebrew (Not sure if this information is neccesary)

itomchar

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello guys, is this CHMM 2.6 working fine with reiNAND 10.7U ? I just read that ppl are getting some errors trying to install themes whit this tool.

Edit: I just installed CHMM 2.6 and it's working really fine. Simple and easy to use, the only "hard" step that I had to do was to dump a file whit HBL

Last edited by itomchar,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
When I start CHMM2 (lates Version 2.6) it just says "Error: [string "?"]:236: cannot access exdata archive" Do you know how I could fix this? Sorry if the solution is obvious and easy but I'm quite new to the whole Homebrew thing.
My System Version is 10.7.0-32E and I'm using OoTHax to boot Homebrew (Not sure if this information is neccesary)

You must use Theme Manager from Nintendo at least once.

Reactions: KyokoLive

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to change a theme with CHMM, it doesn't work. It keeps the same theme I had before. 10.7 sysNAND, no emuNAND, no A9LH, OoTHax. Is it an issue with something Nintendo patched out?

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to change a theme with CHMM, it doesn't work. It keeps the same theme I had before. 10.7 sysNAND, no emuNAND, no A9LH, OoTHax. Is it an issue with something Nintendo patched out?
Change your theme to any basic color, then open up chmm and try again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters