Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to use a theme with a preview and it gives me a 667: attempt to index a nil value error.

Great application, shuffle support is awesome.

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My own, I made the preview in yata+, and the bgm.ogg in audacity.

I'll pre-order games if I want to, thank you very much. :lol:

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My own, I made the preview in yata+, and the bgm.ogg in audacity.
This looks like a problem with CHMM2. It'll be reported.
I'll pre-order games if I want to, thank you very much. :lol:
I can't tell you what to do with your money, but if you were to consider it, pre-ordering games often encourages horrible development practices. I have several videos on my profile if you are interested.

Reactions: VinsCool

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm guessing it's an issue with one of your themes; I just tried 10 on my O3DS and it installed without such an error.
I have same exact error. Turns out if one of the theme has a giant audio size file or is big in general and the total shuffle size exceeds a certain limit, it tends to error out. Which in this case I'll guess it's 100MB/200MB. Then applying the themes again tends to say it's successful but going back to the home menu shows its set to 'No theme' but if you go back and apply the themes again, it works o__o

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have same exact error. Turns out if one of the theme has a giant audio size file or is big in general and the total shuffle size exceeds a certain limit, it tends to error out. Which in this case I'll guess it's 100MB/200MB.
Actually no. The bgm max size is a fixed limit of around 3.2 mb. Technically all shuffled theme BGM is split into 10 different files, while the rest of the theme (body_LZ.bin) is combined with the others to form a file that is 13.4 mb.

So if a theme doesn't install on its own, it probably won't work in shuffling either.

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no. The bgm max size is a fixed limit of around 3.2 mb. Technically all shuffled theme BGM is split into 10 different files, while the rest of the theme (body_LZ.bin) is combined with the others to form a file that is 13.4 mb.

So if a theme doesn't install on its own, it probably won't work in shuffling either.

all of my themes work on their ownbut certain combinations yield an out of memory error so there must be a size limit

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked at all my body_LZ.bin files and the biggest I saw was 349kb, but most are below 100kb. If they get 1.34mb each in the 13.4mb file I don't see that being a problem either, though maybe it's possible...

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Odd because I tried each theme solo and it worked fine. But if I stack all 8 neko and friends themes, it errors out. But oddly if I put 7, it works fine o__o

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some themes are probably broken if they don't work in shuffling. The out of memory error only seems to happen with certain themes, since I tried 10 themes on an O3DS through tubehax and it worked just fine. I don't get why right now, sorry.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Some themes are probably broken if they don't work in shuffling. The out of memory error only seems to happen with certain themes, since I tried 10 themes on an O3DS through tubehax and it worked just fine. I don't get why right now, sorry.
Were they content heavy ones? If you like I can upload all the themes so you can check it. Then again it's not really a big deal. Just curious as to what the total size limit is before it clocks out as memory full. I could probably check total file size on the pc and work my way around that.

But rest for now, 10/10 potatoes, it works

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were they content heavy ones? If you like I can upload all the themes so you can check it. Then again it's not really a big deal. Just curious as to what the total size limit is before it clocks out as memory full. I could probably check total file size on the pc and work my way around that.

But rest for now, 10/10 potatoes, it works
Sure, I'll try them out.

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't tell you what to do with your money, but if you were to consider it, pre-ordering games often encourages horrible development practices. I have several videos on my profile if you are interested.

Was kidding, I never pre-order. Ever.
Well, once, but that was for Smash so... Forgive me. :bow:

Reactions: ihaveahax

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at all my body_LZ.bin files and the biggest I saw was 349kb, but most are below 100kb. If they get 1.34mb each in the 13.4mb file I don't see that being a problem either, though maybe it's possible...
What about the background music for each one?
Was kidding, I never pre-order. Ever.
Well, once, but that was for Smash so... Forgive me. :bow:
Nintendo is probably still fine though...

Reactions: VinsCool and Lucar

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
What about the background music for each one?
Oh I'm not the person having that problem, I was just speculating.

Though, funny you should mention me because I am just now investigating something. It seems that themes that have max size bgm will still play the bgm, but it won't loop in shuffle. I haven't checked them singularly yet in CHMM2 but they did work in CHMM1. So that's next on my list.

Reactions: ihaveahax

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I can confirm it both with HexZyle's Hyun-ae theme and my Mute Plus theme. The bgm loops fine when applied as the only theme, but in shuffle it gets cut off 2 or 3 seconds before the end, so never reaches the loop.
Hopefully this can be fixed on CHMM2's end? It'll be a shame if the available file size really is lower.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yep, I can confirm it both with HexZyle's Hyun-ae theme and my Mute Plus theme. The bgm loops fine when applied as the only theme, but in shuffle it gets cut off 2 or 3 seconds before the end, so never reaches the loop.
Hopefully this can be fixed on CHMM2's end? It'll be a shame if the available file size really is lower.
The same issue happens when you clock past 7 themes. Are those the only 3 themes you used? Or stacked it with others?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There does seem to be an odd issue sometimes where it can't write past 7 themes. Not exactly sure what is causing it, but we tried to fix it by having it write all the themes at once. Some more debugging is needed soon I guess.

Again, some themes might just be broken. I've encountered no issues since it was made to write all themes at once.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
The same issue happens when you clock past 7 themes. Are those the only 3 themes you used? Or stacked it with others?
Ahhh ok. Could've been a bit more specific than "error out" :wink:
I had 5 themes in that shuffle, and all the others worked fine (I checked them all) so I don't think this is related to having too many. It's just that the bgm for that theme is too big.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...