Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Installed the cia on my rxtools emunand (10.1.0-27E, O3DS), and set 2 themes to shuffle (both are dumped versions of official themes, and both work fine individually under old CHMM). After rebooting everything seemed to be fine, but after a couple of minutes of browsing the home menu the background music stopped. After this, trying to access anything gave a system error/reboot your system message.
I rebooted, found it had shuffled to the next theme, and again after a short while the background music stopped. I tried to access my friends list (hoping that it may restart the music when I exited), but the whole system froze while entering the friends list.
Uninstalled CIA and themes, and tried again but got the same issues. Gave up, and uninstalled again, but I'm still getting random freezing issues when my setup was very stable beforehand.
I'm going to try putting the old CHMM back on (as I had no problems with that) and hope that fixes the issues.

You should erase extdata files from your SD (if you weren't using emuNand) to easily fix these issues.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try going to Change Theme -> Shuffle Favorites at the home menu and add some themes to it. If it says "Failed to change theme." then go do it again and it will work.
Thanks, but I'll be waiting for a much more stable version of CHMM2 before I try it again - at this point I just want to fix the random freezing that this app's introduced... I'll try your suggestion though to see if it solves the problem.

You should erase extdata files from your SD (if you weren't using emuNand) to easily fix these issues.
I was on emunand :unsure:

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try going to Change Theme -> Shuffle Favorites at the home menu and add some themes to it. If it says "Failed to change theme." then go do it again and it will work.

This seems to have fixed my issue. Like you said, it failed on the first attempt to apply the shuffling (when I was setting the themes to shuffle I noticed that the first couple of panels were empty - presumably already filled with the two themes I'd applied with CHMM). Set it again (this time there were no blank panels) and it applied fine, and so far no freezing!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to have fixed my issue. Like you said, it failed on the first attempt to apply the shuffling (when I was setting the themes to shuffle I noticed that the first couple of panels were empty - presumably already filled with the two themes I'd applied with CHMM). Set it again (this time there were no blank panels) and it applied fine, and so far no freezing!
"Failed to change theme." is supposed to happen if you go to Shuffle Favorites after applying custom themes for shuffling.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Didn't get to fully test this out but i wish there was a list layout for the themes I have about 50 and there was no quick way to scroll past them. Aside from that, will fully test this in the morning when I'm fully awake. Thanks again mac and rinne.

Edit:

- For some reason it says that the Themes folder is inside the 3DS/CHMM2/Themes but placing themes in there it doesn't seem to detect it, good thing is it places it back into the root directory
- The directional buttons up/down aren't currently in use, perhaps that can be used for skipping 3 themes at a time?
- Any chance the view layout can be changed to list layout by pressing Y?
- For those coming from CHMM, you should set your theme back to stock before attempting this.
- Mac, it works great, even if you have your shuffle list set, adding new ones again doesn't seem to cause the infamous error 91

Tested with OFW 10.1.0.27-US
Will edit this post to add more later after coffee :)

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: ihaveahax

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there a size limit for themes placed in shuffle queue? I just got the error not enough memory for setting like 10 cat themes lol.

Edit: Seems 7 themes is the safe limit. Anything higher it seems to say it was successful but going back to the main screen it says [No Theme] is selected by default under the themes menu.

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: kingraa777

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a size limit for themes placed in shuffle queue? I just got the error not enough memory for setting like 10 cat themes lol.

Edit: Seems 7 themes is the safe limit. Anything higher it seems to say it was successful but going back to the main screen it says [No Theme] is selected by default under the themes menu.
One of your themes was probably busted. I've done 10 before and it worked just fine.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Wait for @ihaveamac reply but i think it should be caused by a broken theme you are using.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I managed a bit with sf2dlib to let it take float values as input (as it should normally be) instead of integer values.
This result in a huge graphical upgrade for both screens waves of CHMM2 (Say goodbye to pixelated waves :D ):
chmm_base2.bmp
chmm_shuffle2.bmp

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i can get 5 themes to shuffle but all 10 freezes and says out of memory (I havn't tried 6-9) is this because i'm on an old3ds or is it a problem with CHMM2?. or something i've done wrong

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i can get 5 themes to shuffle but all 10 freezes and says out of memory (I havn't tried 6-9) is this because i'm on an old3ds or is it a problem with CHMM2?. or something i've done wrong
I doubt it would be because you're using an Old 3DS, since Ninjhax 2 allows the same amount of memory for both types. I'll go try this though.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
thank you :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do I use small Icons or big icons and where do I place the icons??

can we have more colors in the next update such as black, white or green??? or a way to make your own colors??? I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much...

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's an issue with one of your themes; I just tried 10 on my O3DS and it installed without such an error.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
48x48 is good for smdh. If you use "the smdh creator" then it probably will resize it for you.
when you say, Ihavemac, do you mean a mac computer or a big mac from MCdonalds? :rofl2:

nevermind.... about the icon size... realized it on my own.... :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn