• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here also characters are flickering
Do you have gpu buffer cache accuracy set to high(slow)?

is there somebody in this Thread who wants to buy a Ryzen CPU & check if Cemu runs as good as the Intel Chips?
I certainly want to but I doubt I'll have the money to do so for a while. I'm sure someone will do it pretty soon after release though.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is there somebody in this Thread who wants to buy a Ryzen CPU & check if Cemu runs as good as the Intel Chips?
Don't theres really much of a point specifically in Cemu tbh, performance is already identical/similar for the most part and you already have several benchmarks/comparisons for Ryzen/Intel elsewhere. Have you seen both the usual preview videos and my AMD Edition videos? (see sig)
The former shows Cemu running on a 7(?) year old Intel CPU and my own videos show Cemu running on an AMD FX CPU ~while~ CPU encoding+recording at 60fps (with a base canvas of 1440p) in OBS Studio.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

GR33VZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cemu 1.7.1 will release on 2nd February for 5$+ Patrons and a week later for everyone else.

For this update we prioritized performance, bug fixing and compatibility.

JIT Recompiler speed ups (Faster CPU emulation)

1.7.1 will come with improvements to the PowerPC recompiler. Since CPU emulation is the most taxing part of Cemu, all games benefit from these optimizations to some degree.

To put things into perspective, I did a bunch of quick FPS comparisons (1.7.0d versus 1.7.1) on my Laptop (i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, GTX 670MX, 8 GB RAM)

Here are the results (all numbers are in frames per second):

- Pikmin 3 title screen: 16-17 to 30 (fullspeed)
- Mario Kart 8 (Grand Prix): 38-43 to 38-45
- Wind Waker HD (Outset Island): 16-18 to 28-30
- NES Remix Pack: 11-12 to 21-22

As you can see from these numbers, some games (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD) got an immense FPS boost while other games only see slight improvements. Not all games are limited solely by CPU emulation speed, so the results aren't that suprising.

As it is with all performance optimizations, whether you see huge FPS gains or not depends on your hardware setup.

Noteworthy bug fixes so far

Touch input in Twilight Princess HD is now working
Several recompiler related crash fixes (for example, the YWW parcel crash is fixed)
No more slowdowns if inactive/unplugged controllers are configured
Fixed a few graphic pack related crash bugs
Plus more!

Compatibility

Internally, we made some progress by improving support for some rarely used Cafe OS features. Based on early tests, it looks like QUBE is now working, Don't Starve Giant Edition almost goes ingame and Devil's Third goes up to the intro screen. Since there is still development time left, we hope to get at least 1-2 more games booting.

VRAM usage reduction

Originally we announced reduced VRAM consumption for 1.7.0 but it ended up causing unexpected issues. Currently, we are still ironing out the bugs. Hopefully this should be ready for 1.7.1.
Will this mean more games booting?

Apel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't theres really much of a point specifically in Cemu tbh, performance is already identical/similar for the most part and you already have several benchmarks/comparisons for Ryzen/Intel elsewhere.

Well I get around 25-30 in MK8 4Multiplayer on my FX 6300 and two friends get around 40-50 with their old i5 & i7 (2nd or 3rd Generation)
Sadly every MK YouTube Upload doesn't include Multiplayer, but that is one of the Most demanding Games "Scenes" for the CPU on Cemu

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I get around 25-30 in MK8 4Multiplayer on my FX 6300 and two friends get around 40-50 with their old i5 & i7 (2nd or 3rd Generation)
Sadly every MK YouTube Upload doesn't include Multiplayer, but that is one of the Most demanding Games "Scenes" for the CPU on Cemu
Hmmm, I'm not actually sure if 4 player VS is more demanding than Grand Prix in general, (especially since it's resolution is much, much lower in mp) for the most part performance is essentially the same for everyone above a certain threshold. Assuming you are using the appropriate settings (host-based timer, cache accuracy on low, etc.) or barring certain GPU-specific bugs ofc. If you are wondering about the latter, MK8 is essentially the prime example of a GPU-specific bug directly hurting performance. (see my 1.6.1 MK8 GP video and note the only times/areas it dips below 45fps)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have an AMD GPU while your friend does not, if this is the case it's more than likely it's not actually your CPU thats the issue here.

Apel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmmm, I'm not actually sure if 4 player VS is more demanding than Grand Prix in general, (especially since it's resolution is much, much lower in mp) for the most part performance is essentially the same for everyone above a certain threshold. Assuming you are using the appropriate settings (host-based timer, cache accuracy on low, etc.) or barring certain GPU-specific bugs ofc. If you are wondering about the latter, MK8 is essentially the prime example of a GPU-specific bug directly hurting performance. (see my 1.6.1 MK8 GP video and note the only times/areas it dips below 45fps)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you have an AMD GPU while your friend does not, if this is the case it's more than likely it's not actually your CPU thats the issue here.

You're right with the GPU!
But I updated my 270x to an RX480 and nothing has changed, ok Amd to Amd but the Performance was 1:1
I'm thinking that the FX 6300 is the Problem because another friend has the same processor but with an GTX 960 but get's the same Framerate like me

You're also right with the 4 Player related lower Resolution, but If you activate 4K (also on Multiplayer) there is no difference in FPS atleast for me & my RX480

I thougt that Multiplayer is more CPU intensive because there is more stuff going on on the TV
-> Singleplayer Time Trials I get around 50-60

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*reading the Patron info*

Wow, Wind Waker and Pikmin 3 benefited crazily! I'm actually really, really impressed to see a change like in an singular update from currently released builds.

leelaa16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anything past 2 player on mario kart games is locked to 30 fps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...