• Views 7,199,027
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, it was incredibly tough for me as well. I ended up changing the framebuffer to one that rendered everything correctly, but with no textures or lighting. Made it up the tower and switched back just fine, but until I figured that out I wasted like 15 lives just trying to get on the damn steps!

I always thought that those stairs were a lot further than it looked so my niece and I always ended up hugging the wall to the north and sort of get squished underneath. Lol!
I just had to search for a playthrough for that level in YouTube to find where the bottom step is but we still had to blindly find it.

Does 1.5.4 still have those shadow issues in which the shadows for the bottom-side of some objects seem like it's on top? Like those on the grey brick blocks where the giant bunny is on World 1 - 1?

Anyone have tried multiplayer ? Here is a lot slow because was the first round and until load the cache you know...
Unfortunely , i forget to record the second try , the game get 45 -57 fps

I can say , multiplayer on MK8 is playable , at last for 2 players.

3 Players run as smooth as single player in my case. But I'm still on 1.5.3 though. I heard that 1.5.4 made the games run slightly slower?

I'm using an SSD 500mb/s and it is not loading near the load times i get with a wud/wux format Takes like 2-3 minutes.. Are you using the latest version or one without updates?

I tried extracting Mario Kart 8's RPX from the WUD file just to see how fast the load time differences are....

The result was weird for me;
Using the WUD file, loading the Grand Prix/1st Race takes around 2 - 3 minutes while it only takes a couple of seconds to load subsequent races.
With the RPX file, loading the Grand Prix/1st Race only takes a couple of seconds but it sure was a lot annoying to wait for a minute or so for the following races to load.

I'd rather wait for 2 - 3 minutes only once than to wait that long every after race.
I immediately deleted the entire RPX folder and tried compressing the WUD to WUX instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using RPX's here. In MK8, first map takes several minutes, after that it's just about 10 seconds.

That's odd. I'm using WUD (now compressed to WUX, but there's no noticeable difference) and that's how the loading times are in my case. I tried extracting the RPX and ended up having to wait minutes every after race. The first map only took seconds to load though.

JOHN30011887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using RPX's here. In MK8, first map takes several minutes, after that it's just about 10 seconds.

Thats exactly how mine runs wierd how some people get fast with rpx but some get long loading times, same with wud and wux

My mario kart 8 is fully updated version, maybe that might have something to do with it, but i dont know

Last edited by JOHN30011887,

JOHN30011887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did a test for my system
Rpx with latest update, hdd and ssd both took around 3 mins to load first map in grand prix
Wud unpatched, hdd and ssd both took 30secs to load first map in grand prix

Then i converted the wud to Rpx without adding update, hdd and ssd both took 16secs to load first map in grand prix

so is clear for my system atleast that its the update that slows the game down

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who want DLC for the non updated RPX one copy the data folder from the updated mk8 dump to the not updated one replacing the existing one. Then you can replace stages fine.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Thats exactly how mine runs wierd how some people get fast with rpx but some get long loading times, same with wud and wux

My mario kart 8 is fully updated version, maybe that might have something to do with it, but i dont know

that might actually be it. i use rpx and mk8 1.0 and i get fast loadtimes on all my machines. so its probably game updates that slow downcemu. i noticed all updated games have bugs of some kind in cemu that breaks part of them as of currently so most likely its the extra files in the mk8 update that slows your load times down.

Did a test for my system
Rpx with latest update, hdd and ssd both took around 3 mins to load first map in grand prix

Then i converted the wud to Rpx without adding update, hdd and ssd both took 16secs to load first map in grand prix

and i was too late to see this post XD oh well.

Reactions: JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Alex S, i had a hunch it may be the update as like in my tests it clearly shows the update was the issue (for me anyway and some others), iv now got two Rpx versions on my hdd (good thing Rpx is small, 4gb ish), one in folder saying "Mario Kart 8" and the other saying "Mario Kart 8 (Updated)", for when dlc support happens if it happens, losing 200cc doesnt bother me tbh, il just play the unpatched version as its alot faster :)

Reactions: Alex S

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about streamout option ?
is the streamout option can result shorter or longer MK8 loading time at 1st map in grandprix ?
should i enable or disable the streamout option for MK8 ?

Did a test for my system

JOHN30011887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what about streamout option ?
is the streamout option can result shorter or longer MK8 loading time at 1st map in grandprix ?
should i enable or disable the streamout option for MK8 ?

For my tests it made no difference to loading times, for me iv left it unticked so its enabled for all my games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay