• Start date
  • Views 7,150,159
  • Replies 21,659
  • Likes 283

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
@RHY3756547 Thank you for giving us an excelent example of "Cherry Picking" with your comment ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking
I always seem to get this when I reply to any comment, since I tend to miss out repeated detail, and commenting on every sentence would triple the post size. If you have anything specific you want me to reply to, quote it directly, instead of saying i'm "cherry picking".

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since there doesn't seem to be much of an improvement in MK8 aside from less stutter after repeated play, thought I'd just make another modded MK8 video just for fun.
I would of posted one last night if I wasn't having OBS crash on me since I updated it and default recording/output settings were set at 1440p, -again-. :rofl2:

After changing appropriate OBS settings/output resolution heres a video of a newly subscribed patron that is not having any issues with key verification and is in no way harmed/effected by it.

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Toxicshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just tried this emulator on linux using 64 bit wine. It runs a lot better than expected.

I am using cemu 1.4.1 with MK8. The sound is very scratchy but the average fps is 35 with occasional pauses.

There are some small graphical glitches (areas of blue randomly around the map but all in all quite impressive.

Awesome work by the devs.

If anyone else trys this and keeps getting empty message boxes, they are probably trying to tell you that the key for the game is incorrect.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have just tried this emulator on linux using 64 bit wine. It runs a lot better than expected.

I am using cemu 1.4.1 with MK8. The sound is very scratchy but the average fps is 35 with occasional pauses.

There are some small graphical glitches (areas of blue randomly around the map but all in all quite impressive.

Awesome work by the devs.
I'm glad to hear it works for linux users.
Certain sounds are scratchy in general though, such as right before the end of a mushroom boost which sounds like static and present in all of my videos (yet somehow isn't present in drift boosts?) and the thunder in my previous Sky Cruise video.

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, let's see how "informative" this past discussion is.

"These actions you take mimic Hollywood on a smaller scale and have only proven it is a huge waste of time."
It is a waste of time for hollywood and games because people crack the DRM. This has not happened with Cemu, and will not because they just have to wait one week...

"In my own honesty, I was going to become a Patron until I realized you are only mistreating your Patrons and showing you only care about getting money."
This action was made to protect patrons investments... assuming they donated just for the sake of the builds. This is not mistreatment.

"Where are the public posts or any interest in gaining Patrons outside of having a pay-wall only?"
The public releases... one week after the patron ones...

"Do you have a plan in all of this, have you hired anyone, bought equipment or used it for your own personal gain?"
Does it need to? Don't people deserve compensation for using their time to pursue a technically challenging project? It costs money to live. Pretending this isn't important is childish.

"Originally in my Patreon project, I censored everything and ensured no-one would get anything they didn't paid for but I too found my work pirated, leaked and stolen.
It hurt me but I also realized I refused to adapt to changing times.
I loosened things up, showed most of my content for free and the Patrons came pouring in."

The public builds... one... week... later... free...

"Say you don't want to be a Patron anymore but you were in the past and want to use an older version... can't do that."
public builds

"The people here on this website are happily paying you for your work and there is nothing wrong with that, but what they don't realize is, you are punishing them for being a Patron regardless of your intent."
It has already been stated that always-online is a bug, where the DRM fails to register the verification forever.

"As a creator myself with more experience than you have, I encourage you to think about what you are doing and how non Patrons are actually Patrons even if they aren't paying for it... there's more to Patreon than just Patrons."
I believe this is always stated about piracy on all forms of media. Nothing has changed here from any other discussion. Move on, please.

High word count does not make a good argument. I mean, wow, it looks intimidating, but the content repeats itself and has no substance.

You should take this to another thread.

Also, shouldn't this be left alone?

Reactions: The Twig league

lazyboy0172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, 1.4.2b is out for patrons. fixed bug causing SMM crashes and added leniency to DRM so online is required once to verify, not all the time.

I think this is a good compromise. Many cried out about this, and I worried their servers would have trouble with the load in verifying and serving up downloads to all the patrons, but I'm a big fan of the move away from the serials. I saw a lot of comments here claiming they spent a lot of time making useless DRM, but think of the opportunity cost: they no longer have to maintain some large arbitrary database of serials. Activating and de-activating with every change in Patrons. I'm sure there is a decent turnover rate in patronage each release, so no longer having to maintain that has to be a great time savings, even if there was an up-front cost of developing a patreon tie-in to verify status.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FYI, 1.4.2b is out for patrons. fixed bug causing SMM crashes and added leniency to DRM so online is required once to verify, not all the time.

I think this is a good compromise. Many cried out about this, and I worried their servers would have trouble with the load in verifying and serving up downloads to all the patrons, but I'm a big fan of the move away from the serials. I saw a lot of comments here claiming they spent a lot of time making useless DRM, but think of the opportunity cost: they no longer have to maintain some large arbitrary database of serials. Activating and de-activating with every change in Patrons. I'm sure there is a decent turnover rate in patronage each release, so no longer having to maintain that has to be a great time savings, even if there was an up-front cost of developing a patreon tie-in to verify status.
I'm glad this was fixed, it was cringeworthy all the anti-DRM people who were complaining about "harming" Patron users when they've caused substantially more harm by spamming this thread and causing others (and ironically themselves) to overlook the fact that this issue was merely a bug and not intended. As I said before, the majority of complaints are merely conjecture/formed out of blatant misinformation by those who haven't been watching this thread closely/only heard heard of Cemu from a leak on some foreign forums.
Edit-
You should take this to another thread.

Also, shouldn't this be left alone?
So much irony in this post. :glare:

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Exzap First off great job this build
to the DRM haters grow up
and now back to you @Exzap the guy who helped you with the input can you see if he can add in WII U pro controller
if not i will buy a WII U pro controller for the pc anyway since the game pad is a bitch most days
bugs so far .... in mario kart 8 a glitch on the ok button to start the grand prix and trial mode
for twilight Princess HD lighting errors infarron woods and gamepad is bugged and won't work for me at all
still no sky in Super mario 3d world but the rest works 100%
and major 3d model glitches in XenoBlade

thats all have a good day and thanks for the epic build

and to the DRM haters suck it your cancer and have a great day......in trumps pants

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and now back to you @Exzap the guy who helped you with the input can you see if he can add in WII U pro controller
if not i will buy a WII U pro controller for the pc anyway since the game pad is a bitch most days

and to the DRM haters suck it your cancer and have a great day......in trumps pants
If you buy one though how would it add the ability to use it for Cemu? Can't you just use an xbox controller?

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it isn't really any different in terms of using it. Just switch to framebuffer 2 i believe and make it in gamepad mode so you can use pause menu and stuff without holding tab. I doubt buying the controller itself would make it emulate.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it isn't really any different in terms of using it. Just switch to framebuffer 2 i believe and make it in gamepad mode so you can use pause menu and stuff without holding tab. I doubt buying the controller itself would make it emulate.
I think he means he wants the Pro controller emulated on keyboard like the GamePad, and he'd just buy one for a more authentic experience

Or something similar

Reactions: Darkemaste

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it wont work which i also said TPHD is a bit bugged but plays maxed fps

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think he means he wants the Pro controller emulated on keyboard like the GamePad, and he'd just buy one for a more authentic experience

Or something similar
you always get me you rock and not only keyboard but any controller as well

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
to the DRM haters grow up
bugs so far .... in mario kart 8 a glitch on the ok button to start the grand prix and trial mode
for twilight Princess HD lighting errors infarron woods and gamepad is bugged and won't work for me at all
still no sky in Super mario 3d world but the rest works 100%
and major 3d model glitches in XenoBlade

DONTZE MAKEI FEN UF CENCERE DETS MEZED UP!!!!?>>!!!!111

Reactions: Re_deleteR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...