• Start date
  • Views 7,191,104
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
When it uses 24-bit depth for monochrome textures it's no wonder it's so wasteful, it all adds up.

From NES Remix
1f7b5000_fmt0031_mip00_1280x720_tm04_sw00000000.bmp
- 24-Bit 2.63 MB
- Monochrome - 112 KB

gbatempaccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
curious if anyone knows how to fix the graphical bugs in paper mario color splash when using a graphic pack? The only thing that fixes it is using the "no colorless spots" fix, but that introduces its own problems...would love to play this game in 4k but the graphical glitches are terrible (I'm using an nvidia card)

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
curious if anyone knows how to fix the graphical bugs in paper mario color splash when using a graphic pack? The only thing that fixes it is using the "no colorless spots" fix, but that introduces its own problems...would love to play this game in 4k but the graphical glitches are terrible (I'm using an nvidia card)

This person below claims to know how, but has yet to share it. Unless they meant to say "I'm NOT a coding acolyte so maybe it is"

What issues does the "no colorless spots" fix cause?

strange that the paper mario color splash white sprite when facing a certain direction for mario and npcs is persisting through each version. seems to be a missing texture issue and not TOO hard to fix. then again, I'm a coding acolyte so maybe it is.

Last edited by CustomEyeBrows,

gbatempaccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't claim to know how. I was saying that it seems to just be missing textures which -SEEMS- like it'd be easy to fix - relatively speaking. I don't know if it actually is or not. I know that BOTW is getting most of the focus done on it, which is probably why this bug has been persistent ever since paper mario first booted. But I'm no expert and no, I don't know how to fix it. I actually meant to write that I'm a "coding neophyte" (as in, just a novice). Not "acolyte." Whoops. I see how that could be misinterpreted. I'm a coding NEWBIE. There, that should be plain as day. ;)

The colorless spots cause issues because, for example, certain doors won't open if the colorless spots aren't filled in, and you can't see these spots with the "no colorless spots" fix

Last edited by gbatempaccount,

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I didn't claim to know how. I was saying that it seems to just be missing textures which -SEEMS- like it'd be easy to fix - relatively speaking. I don't know if it actually is or not. I know that BOTW is getting most of the focus done on it, which is probably why this bug has been persistent ever since paper mario first booted. But I'm no expert and no, I don't know how to fix it. I actually meant to write that I'm a "coding neophyte" (as in, just a novice). Not "acolyte." Whoops. I see how that could be misinterpreted. I'm a coding NEWBIE. There, that should be plain as day. ;)

The colorless spots cause issues because, for example, certain doors won't open if the colorless spots aren't filled in, and you can't see these spots with the "no colorless spots" fix

Oh i see. You got me all excited when i miss read/interpreted your initial post.

Thanks for the clarification.

ramadan2017

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Cemu 1.7.5 Error
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Stop here
149371501852531.jpg

and
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Stop here
149371501865682.jpg

My rig:
AMD FX 8350 @4.01ghz
GTX Evga 1070 8gb
16gb RAM
Win 10 64Bit

Last edited by ramadan2017,

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for donkey kong country-TF its normal.. just wait about 5 minutes in the scrambled screen (that is the movie that can not skipped) then it will be okay...

same as yoshi wooly world in cemu 1.7.5, it takes about 20 minutes.. yes.. twenty minutes.... to wait from the first load until i can play first stage...

just wondering is it normal to wait about 20-minutes in the first loading time to play first stage in yoshi wooly world ?

Cemu 1.7.5 Error
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Stop here
149371501852531.jpg

and
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Stop here
149371501865682.jpg

My rig:
AMD FX 8350 @4.01ghz
GTX Evga 1070 8gb
16gb RAM
Win 10 64Bit

Last edited by cheungpakwan,

JackFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For 1.7.6 we can expect:
-> Separable shaders
-> A lot of Graphic fixes
-> Performance improvements
-> Fixing of the FPU emulation related gameplay bugs (as seen in Splatoon)
-> Audio emulation improvement
-> Compatibility improvements
-> A lot of bugs and other minor problem solved

That will be a awesome release
Will be release around May 7th ~ May 14th
I wish that in those graphic fixes there are some for AMD PRE-GCN cards! DKCTF and Xenoblade are broken and they were running correctly in earlier builds. BOTW is a polygon mess too.

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For 1.7.6 we can expect:
-> Separable shaders
-> A lot of Graphic fixes
-> Performance improvements
-> Fixing of the FPU emulation related gameplay bugs (as seen in Splatoon)
-> Audio emulation improvement
-> Compatibility improvements
-> A lot of bugs and other minor problem solved

That will be a awesome release
Will be release around May 7th ~ May 14th

Dude, either you have different information than I have or you're kinda exaggerating. Where did Exzap talk about A LOT of graphic fixes? Hyping like that will only make people disappointed in the end (and then people will even say: "Hey Exzap, but you promised...!")
Audio and compatibility are only 'maybe's; he cannot say for sure how much time the shader stuff will take so maybe he won't even have time for the other stuff. Also, where did you get those dates? He wrote they are planning to take 3 to 4 weeks, so I'd rather except a date after the 14th.

Reactions: Xalphenos

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, either you have different information than I have or you're kinda exaggerating. Where did Exzap talk about A LOT of graphic fixes? Hyping like that will only make people disappointed in the end (and then people will even say: "Hey Exzap, but you promised...!")
Audio and compatibility are only 'maybe's; he cannot say for sure how much time the shader stuff will take so maybe he won't even have time for the other stuff. Also, where did you get those dates? He wrote they are planning to take 3 to 4 weeks, so I'd rather except a date after the 14th.
Agreed, that was a BS post that everyone should ignore to not get their hopes up or get pissed when they are not delivered.

Reactions: Xalphenos

srdjan andric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got Zelda BotW latest 1.2.0 update running on Cemu 1.7.5? I've just updated with MappleSeeds2, and whether I load my save file, or start a new game, it would just freeze. If I load save game, it will freeze when it finishes loading and when it should actually go in game, and if I run new game, it freezes few seconds after.

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not a BS post, each item it's based in official information which was send in Patreon ;)
But, he was very clear about to not repost or quote this text anywhere else, it's just allowed to paraphrase
Also, stripthesoul is right as he don't said a lot of graphic fixes, then just because of this, I'll "strip the post" re-edit and repost it later

Last edited by shideravan,

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a BS post, each item it's based in official information which was send in Patreon ;)
Maybe not a BS post but certainly an overly optimistic interpretation of the patreon news.

I would absolutely not expect audio improvements, or compatibility improvements. And any release before the 14th would be a pipe dream.

Last edited by Xalphenos,

dreikk91

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, my system is i5 2500k and rx470
In BOTW I have a frame rate of about 12 fps at a frequency of 3.4 GHz, when I increase the CPU clock to 4.8 GHz, I get the same 12 fps. Is there a chance to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye