Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@173210 has done experimental plugin module for CakesFW. Do you have any idea about that? Screenshot plugin? :D
He's developing a plugin system, not a plugin. If you need screenshot you can always use NTR.

can future cakeCFW firmware.bin location placed in 'cakes' folder please
Yeah, @mid-kid did say he wanted to move it someplace else a couple of pages back.

I dumped and decrypted my Sysnand partitions (with Decrypt9) and now I have FIRM0.bin, Firm1.bin and CTRNAND.bin.

How I can obtain firmkey.bin and firmware.bin??
There are two firmkeys, you need to make sure you're using the one for n3ds. Also dumping your own firm0 and all that mess(essentially getting a 9.2 n3ds firmware.bin) is only if you want to use CN cia, you want the 9.5 firmware.bin for normal use. Just follow @Cavioe's advice.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, i changed the source code to make cakes looks for the firmware.bin into cakes folder and compiled all the stuff. I use the same firmware as rxtools to boot cakes on O3DS 4.5 and the cakerops.nds you provides ans all works really well.

Great job, i will look this CFW closer now.

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quiet down everyone, your "king" has something to say.
...lol :P
The newest NH2.0 boot.3dsx is actually backwards compatible, meaning that you can use a 1.1b payload to load those 1.1 exclusive apps.

Wait. Does this mean I can place the new 2.0 and boot up CFWs and all my 1.1b homebrew? Because I have an emunand on 9.5 and want to use homebrew on that if it's backwards compatible. If not, what do I need to do to load the 1.1b payload to use 2.0?

Last edited by kontrolaltdelete,

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It means that if you execute a 1.1b payload in an environment that doesn't have firmlaunch patching, (like cakes can now do on the N3dS if it's fed an encrypted 9.2 firmware.bin) it will use the new NH2.0 boot.3dsx and be able to launch 1.1 exclusive software.
Obviously any method you wish to use for NH2.0 will work with the same boot.3dsx.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It means that if you execute a 1.1b payload in an environment that doesn't have firmlaunch patching, (like cakes can now do on the N3dS if it's fed an encrypted 9.2 firmware.bin) it will use the new NH2.0 boot.3dsx and be able to launch 1.1 exclusive software.
Obviously any method you wish to use for NH2.0 will work with the same boot.3dsx.
Brahma for 2.0?

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Alright. Explain this to me like I have spoons for hands and the understanding of a concussed four year old. If I run Reinand emuNAND with 9.5 on my N3DS, and I use the 2.0 Ninjhax now, I'll be able to use all my homebrew from 1.1b? Because while I could downgrade my emuNAND, I'd rather not.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright. Explain this to me like I have spoons for hands and the understanding of a concussed four year old. If I run Reinand emuNAND with 9.5 on my N3DS, and I use the 2.0 Ninjhax now, I'll be able to use all my homebrew from 1.1b? Because while I could downgrade my emuNAND, I'd rather not.
You can't do anything with 1.1b homebrew with ReiNand yet, because that patches firmlaunch beyond a 9.2 environment. So you're not even using cakes then? Alright, I'm calling it. This thread has been derailed, so PMs and new threads plz.
Is it possible to have multiple firmware.bin's?
If you can hold out for a bit, they're planning to move the location, and also to read from sysNAND for that. Otherwise, you can always change the code. :)

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't do anything with 1.1b homebrew with ReiNand yet, because that patches firmlaunch beyond a 9.2 environment. So you're not even using cakes then? Alright, I'm calling it. This thread has been derailed, so PMs and new threads plz.

If you can hold out for a bit, they're planning to move the location, and also to read from sysNAND for that. Otherwise, you can always change the code. :)

I use CakesFW for sysNAND, but I have Reinand emuNAND. I just wanted to see if I COULD use 2.0 on Reinand.

More on that - Cakes is great for a CFW, and from everything I researched possibly the best, but I have MSET set up for Reinand.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish that there was a way to enable/disable firmlaunch from the menu instead of changing firmware.bin's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck