ROM Hack [RELEASE] BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool (BETA)

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try. If the quality is too poor, use Audacity to trim it to ~2 minutes.
It's easy: just select the part to remove and press "Del" on your keyboard ;)
Alright, thanks for your help and really useful tool!

Edit: The song is perfect after I converted it into FLAC.

Reactions: nastys

Kevans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool
Latest version: 1.1.1 BETA

Wvnu6qi.png

xUngCVD.png

BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool is an audio to BRSTM converter with the following features:

8svx aif aifc aiff aiffc al amb amr-nb amr-wb anb au avr awb caf cdda cdr cvs cvsd cvu dat dvms f32 f4 f64 f8 fap flac fssd gsm gsrt hcom htk ima ircam la lpc lpc10 lu mat mat4 mat5 maud mp2 mp3 nist ogg paf prc pvf raw s1 s16 s2 s24 s3 s32 s4 s8 sb sd2 sds sf sl sln smp snd sndfile sndr sndt sou sox sph sw txw u1 u16 u2 u24 u3 u32 u4 u8 ub ul uw vms voc vorbis vox w64 wav wavpcm wv wve xa xi

Changelog:

Known bugs:

Future features (maybe):

You will also notice that if you use the automatic quality ("Limit bytes to: ") the conversion is slower. You can set the "Precision" to an higher value if you have a slow CPU.

BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool is released under the GNU General Public License version 3 (or later). The tools included are released under their respective licenses.
This is a BETA version. If you find any bugs please report them.

<DOWNLOAD> from MEGA
<DOWNLOAD> from MediaFire

How to install/run:
  • Extract the archive of the GNU/Linux version
  • Install install-dependencies.deb (not needed if you have Wine and SoX installed)
  • Double-click on BRSTMConversionTool
  • Extract the archive of the GNU/Linux version
  • Install wine, sox, libqt5widgets5, libqt5gui5, libqt5core5a and optionally, libsox-fmt-all
  • Double-click on BRSTMConversionTool
  • Extract the archive of the Windows version using 7-Zip or similar tools
  • If you want MP3 support (though I recommend using lossless sources instead), put libmad-0.dll into tools\sox
  • Double-click on BRSTMConversionTool.exe
(Mac OS X builds maybe...)

I'm unable to convert BRSTM to BCSTM. The program crashes when I try. My OS is Windows 10 x64.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Kevans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Kevans
Version 2.0 released :lol:
Changes:
  • BRSTM → BFSTM converter and alternate BRSTM → BCSTM converter
  • Volume boost
  • Trim
  • Multithreading always enabled
  • (GNU/Linux) Native file manager
  • (GNU/Linux) Check if a program is missing and prompt the user to install it
Download: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-brstm-bcstm-conversion-tool-beta.378702/

Great, it works with soneek's converter. But now I'm having another problem... When I select the .brstm file it automatically shows "Done!", but never gets converted.

P.S: This is only a curious fact, but I had to deactivate Windows SmartScreen to run the new version. It's strange, because with older versions I could work perfectly :blink:.

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great, it works with soneek's converter. But now I'm having another problem... When I select the .brstm file it automatically shows "Done!", but never gets converted.

P.S: This is only a curious fact, but I had to deactivate Windows SmartScreen to run the new version. It's strange, because with older versions I could work perfectly :blink:.
Because you didn't read the instructions:
How to install/run (please read before reporting bugs):
Windows
  • Extract the archive of the Windows version using 7-Zip or similar tools in a directory that does not contain spaces
  • If you want MP3 support (though I recommend using lossless sources instead), put libmad-0.dll into tools\sox
  • Double-click on BRSTMConversionTool.exe

or I didn't add them in time...

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
I did it. At first I forgot about it, but then I moved the file to desktop. It keeps showing "Done!", but I'll try again.

Edit: Nevermind. It finally worked. Thanks! :lol:

How did you fix it? What do they mean by " a directory that does not contain spaces"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played