ROM Hack [RELEASE] BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool (BETA)

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My BRSTM file is indeed 0 Bytes. I don't really know what means 2ch (2 channel i would guess but still don't know what it is nor how to change it), however my input file was a 44100 Hz FLAC file. i'll try with the song you linked me and edit that post.
1 channel = mono
2 channels = stereo
4+ channels = surround

To convert a mono audio file to stereo, import the same track twice, then click on the drop-down menu of the first track (next to the "X") and select "Make Stereo Track".
Make sure the "Project Rate" is 44100 Hz, then export it as FLAC.

Sinnay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 channel = mono
2 channels = stereo
4+ channels = surround

To convert a mono audio file to stereo, import the same track twice, then click on the drop-down menu of the first track (next to the "X") and select "Make Stereo Track".
Make sure the "Project Rate" is 44100 Hz, then export it as FLAC.

I still have the exact same issue unfortunately, i tried with both my silent file and the song you linked, the BRSTM is successfully created and > 0 bytes and when i try to convert to BFSTM nothing appears (i still have the "done" message though) the files were stereo 44100 Hz and exported as FLAC

Edit: Since i only want to convert that silent file, could you convert it and upload it here ? if that is allowed of course

Last edited by Sinnay,

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still have the exact same issue unfortunately, i tried with both my silent file and the song you linked, the BRSTM is successfully created and > 0 bytes and when i try to convert to BFSTM nothing appears (i still have the "done" message though) the files were stereo 44100 Hz and exported as FLAC

Edit: Since i only want to convert that silent file, could you convert it and upload it here ? if that is allowed of course
You could try converting the file manually to BFSTM. Just copy the BRSTM file to the "tools" folder, then open a command prompt or a PowerShell window and run:
Schermata del 2019-04-19 15-22-47.png

Anyway, here's a silent file (it loops every second):

Attachments

• silence-1s.zip
    48 KB · Views: 164

richardZeldaModder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with this tool lately, getting the loops perfect. For some reason, the second option "using soneek's converter" stopped working on my PC. Is there a way to fix this? I'm using version 2.0

Now, here's my process: 0. setting the loop start point to the exact second I edited the audio file to loop at in Audacity 1. Convert the .wav to BRSTM 2. Convert the BRSTM to BCSTM "using froggestspirit's converter" (The app is open the entire time.) I've tried changing settings: checking/unchecking the box "limit bytes to," changing the sampling rate with "limit bytes to" unchecked, changing precision to "1," and checking the box "do not approximate" in options.

The loop is a little bit off, it seems no matter what I do. (Also, has another program released yet that converts directly to BCSTM?)

D

Deleted User

sorry for the necrobump but how do you even loop using this thing? theres no option for a start to end loop, i want to convert a song for a theme i already did on another console while keeping the loop.
upload_2020-3-30_23-31-8.png

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry for the necrobump but how do you even loop using this thing? theres no option for a start to end loop, i want to convert a song for a theme i already did on another console while keeping the loop.
View attachment 201770
You can trim the song and only set the start loop. It's not like a menu theme is going to actually break the loop (which I assume what the loop end point is for).

D

Deleted User

You can trim the song and only set the start loop. It's not like a menu theme is going to actually break the loop (which I assume what the loop end point is for).
oh, ok thanks, i never actually thought about that

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both froggetspirit and soneek's BRSTM to BCSTM converters aren't working.
froggetspirit's converter instantly crashes and closes and shows "Done!", and soneek's converter doesn't output a BCSTM file after selecting a BRSTM and showing "Done!".
And yes, I made sure the path has no spaces.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both froggetspirit and soneek's BRSTM to BCSTM converters aren't working.
froggetspirit's converter instantly crashes and closes and shows "Done!", and soneek's converter doesn't output a BCSTM file after selecting a BRSTM and showing "Done!".
And yes, I made sure the path has no spaces.
Did you try using brawlbox, vgaudio or loopingaudioconverter instead? You could also try openrevolution if you're able to compile that.
It's also possible that your BRSTM file is unusual or invalid, where did you get it from?

UnPerroPug

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Im getting an error when converting
File not converted:
(path)/audio.brstm
Post automatically merged:

Im getting an error when converting
File not converted:
(path)/audio.brstm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol