ROM Hack [RELEASE] BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool (BETA)

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It doesn't matter what files I use soneek's doesn't work.
Volume does work, but only from wav to brstm.
As for the converter, maybe the path to the file or to the application contains spaces. This is the most common mistake...
I've already tried to fix this bug (which only affects Windows) without success :(
But I think I can use a workaround to fix both bugs ;)

Last edited by nastys,

zerogillsfaiznoah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me everybody,I need some help,why my custom themes bgm always can't loop? I'm same situation about use BRSTMConverter_3.4.1 or BRSTM-BCSTM-BFSTM Conversion Tool 2.0-1 to make bcstm file, and I use HBL and menuhax_manager v2.0 to import my custom themes

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
nastys
wav to BRSTM well , BRSTM to BFSTM not find where it creates
where is the file BFSTM?
12833259_1297192726974526_363128265_n.jpg

Thx for converter tool!

Last edited by Masterwin,

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@nastys: I noticed a number of strange things while testing files with this tool vs YATA+ vs Looping Audio Converter.

There seems to be a bug with how the program makes loops (when starting from a non-zero at least). I can't seem to make it sound seamless with this tool. Also, I noticed that if I tried to reconvert the bcstm back to .wav/.ogg with Looping Audio Converter, it can't export the loop segment correctly.

This may be related to the looping issue, but the file size for the resulting file is also larger with the same (as far as I can tell) settings comparatively to yata+. I manually set the sampling rate (so it wouldn't change it), the start of the loop in samples, and set to not approximate. In Yata+ I used the same .wav file at the same sampling rate and loop points.

I also converted the same file with Looping Audio Converter with and without a loop.txt. Without the loop.txt, the filesize was similar to the result from BRSTM/BCSTM conversion tool which may be coincidence. With the loop.txt, the output filesize was predictably similar to the output from Yata+ since both are using Brawllib/RSTMlib for the conversion.

Also I was wondering if by "Test loop directly" as a future feature you mean something like the preview that Yata+ has when importing bgms. I think the feature would be nice if that was the case, though if it means something else, I still think a preview of the intro/audio loop would be a great feature (though I guess that would mean needing to load the music before setting the options).

- Test bgm -
Sample Rate: 28450 Hz
Loop Start: 380049 samples
Loop End: 2940327 samples
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bansns04ngcohs2/test_bgm.wav?dl=0

Last edited by jurassicplayer,

APitou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been trying to use your converter but every time I go from an mp3, it doesn't convert it, it just makes a new file of 1kb with the .brstm file extension. Any clue what could be up with that?

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nastys
wav to BRSTM well , BRSTM to BFSTM not find where it creates
where is the file BFSTM?
12833259_1297192726974526_363128265_n.jpg

Thx for converter tool!
I can't see the image...
@nastys: I noticed a number of strange things while testing files with this tool vs YATA+ vs Looping Audio Converter.

There seems to be a bug with how the program makes loops (when starting from a non-zero at least). I can't seem to make it sound seamless with this tool. Also, I noticed that if I tried to reconvert the bcstm back to .wav/.ogg with Looping Audio Converter, it can't export the loop segment correctly.

This may be related to the looping issue, but the file size for the resulting file is also larger with the same (as far as I can tell) settings comparatively to yata+. I manually set the sampling rate (so it wouldn't change it), the start of the loop in samples, and set to not approximate. In Yata+ I used the same .wav file at the same sampling rate and loop points.

I also converted the same file with Looping Audio Converter with and without a loop.txt. Without the loop.txt, the filesize was similar to the result from BRSTM/BCSTM conversion tool which may be coincidence. With the loop.txt, the output filesize was predictably similar to the output from Yata+ since both are using Brawllib/RSTMlib for the conversion.

Also I was wondering if by "Test loop directly" as a future feature you mean something like the preview that Yata+ has when importing bgms. I think the feature would be nice if that was the case, though if it means something else, I still think a preview of the intro/audio loop would be a great feature (though I guess that would mean needing to load the music before setting the options).

- Test bgm -
Sample Rate: 28450 Hz
Loop Start: 380049 samples
Loop End: 2940327 samples
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bansns04ngcohs2/test_bgm.wav?dl=0
Maybe the program is confused about the samples for the loop, I'm not sure...
Adding a preview feature is actually a good idea.
I'll look into it when I've got the time ;)
Can you add support for converting bcstm to brstm?
Not sure how and not very useful anyway...
Hi, I've been trying to use your converter but every time I go from an mp3, it doesn't convert it, it just makes a new file of 1kb with the .brstm file extension. Any clue what could be up with that?
Did you follow the instructions in the first post?

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@nastys
I can not use all functions of this application.
I can only convert wav to Brstm other conversion tools are not working.
I've tried everything and is not working the other conversion functions.
Taking the program is with a very heavy process much forcing the CPU.
I'm using it on windows 7 64 bit system.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@nastys
I can not use all functions of this application.
I can only convert wav to Brstm other conversion tools are not working.
I've tried everything and is not working the other conversion functions.
Taking the program is with a very heavy process much forcing the CPU.
I'm using it on windows 7 64 bit system.
The instructions... first post...

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Okay, well...
Try creating a folder in C: (or any other drive) and put all the program files in there, then run the program as administrator ;)
I had done so from the beginning .
The problem still can not convert to brctm and the process continues forcing the CPU.
Your program and excellent with all those mistakes I'm facing are making it impossible to use your program .
I was wanting to use it to make these songs his two themes available on the link below.
Link - https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-205#post-6154950

Last edited by Ryumaru,

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I keep getting a 448 byte brstm whenever I attempt to use his to convert a specific song (it worked on other songs). I've tried OGG, MP3, and WAV, all give the same results. Adding libmad-0.ddl didn't work either. :(

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had done so from the beginning .
The problem still can not convert to brctm and the process continues forcing the CPU.
Your program and excellent with all those mistakes I'm facing are making it impossible to use your program .
I was wanting to use it to make these songs his two themes available on the link below.
Link - https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-205#post-6154950
Could you take a screenshot of Task Manager, showing the process that fully uses the CPU?
I keep getting a 448 byte brstm whenever I attempt to use his to convert a specific song (it worked on other songs). I've tried OGG, MP3, and WAV, all give the same results. Adding libmad-0.ddl didn't work either. :(
Open it with Audacity. If there is only 1 channel (mono), duplicate the channel (convert it to stereo). Also, make sure the sampling rate of the project is 44100 (at the bottom), then export it as FLAC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: