Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Maybe I should. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Nope, I've tried four different versions and I get the same results. Lots of static and garbling. This is how the game sounds on a Commodore 64:

But of course, I could always play the game in MAME instead, which would probably be a better idea anyway. Whoops!

Do you have the latest build of breadbox?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
i have the latest build and the sound is ~10 sec ok and then ~0,5sec wrong .. to fast... double or so..

Try this version, I'm not sure if the sound emulation has changed, but it seems better than you're describing on your end of things.

Attachments

• BreadBox20nov2015.zip
    312.6 KB · Views: 143

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@spinal_cord It would be great if B button was mapped to space bar. It is second fire button in many games, e.g. Commando and Green Beret. Of course a button mapping feature would be great too. ;)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
@spinal_cord It would be great if B button was mapped to space bar. It is second fire button in many games, e.g. Commando and Green Beret. Of course a button mapping feature would be great too. ;)

New build, you can now add custom (key only for now) mapping to the X,Y and B buttons. I don't know if anyone as noticed, but L will fastforward (in an sense).

Attachments

• BreadBox22Nov2015.zip
    314.9 KB · Views: 170

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New build, you can now add custom (key only for now) mapping to the X,Y and B buttons. I don't know if anyone as noticed, but L will fastforward (in an sense).
Custom keys nicely implemented. Thanks! I also noticed that auto reset before loading new game is now working. Fantastic.

New suggestion: Add auto fire as one of the options when choosing custom keys. I like having one key for regular fire, one key for space and one key for auto fire.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I tried the latest version. I love you man!! Last Ninja, Great Giana Sisters etc. looks, sounds and plays fantastic on the 3DS =)

I have only one small request. would it be possible to turn the lower screen off during gameplay? Please? ;)

Otherwise, 1000 thanx for this great emulator!!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I tried the latest version. I love you man!! Last Ninja, Great Giana Sisters etc. looks, sounds and plays fantastic on the 3DS =)

I have only one small request. would it be possible to turn the lower screen off during gameplay? Please? ;)

Otherwise, 1000 thanx for this great emulator!!

Go into the settings menu and set the sleep timer to something other than zero.

A little note, I'm currently working on the settings menu, I think everyone will be pleased with the next update.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Go into the settings menu and set the sleep timer to something other than zero.

A little note, I'm currently working on the settings menu, I think everyone will be pleased with the next update.

Yay! Looking forward to try it out! Do you think it is possible with a 10 % speedboost? Then it would be fullspeed on my n3ds :)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Yay! Looking forward to try it out! Do you think it is possible with a 10 % speedboost? Then it would be fullspeed on my n3ds :)

I have just played my way through Creatures 2 at a full 50fps on old 3DS, I have yet to try any other games, but it should be running full speed on n3ds, I can't see why it wouldn't. Are there any particularly taxing games that cause slowdowns?

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have just played my way through Creatures 2 at a full 50fps on old 3DS, I have yet to try any other games, but it should be running full speed on n3ds, I can't see why it wouldn't. Are there any particularly taxing games that cause slowdowns?

Hmm. Perhaps it is some setting I'm not doing correct. I have regular frame drops (rather small, around 10 %, but still drops) in for example Last Ninja 1&2, Great Giana Sisters, Rick Dangerous, Bruce Lee etc.

I love this emulator although the small framedrops :)

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Jesus man, this looks awesome! I used to love playing some C64 games back on the PSP emulator for it (I think it was called "Vice"?), but this having the whole keyboard and everything makes it so much freaking cooler! Nice work!

Yep, it was called Vice. It was cool. But I hated PSPs controls and the ghosting screen. With Bread Box, everything will be perfect! =)

Reactions: tiduscrying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Oh sorry, this is Wario? I thought it was your wife