[Release] Blackjack 3DS

Blackjack 3DS

menu_v0.2.png
game_v0.2.png

Blackjack! Game is played with an infinite deck, with support for late surrender, insurance (2-1), doubling down, and splits. And 3D!

Coded with Rinnegatamante's fantastic Lua Player Plus.

Rules: http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/basics/

Current version is v0.4 (compatible with NH2.5)

(Possible) future development

- language selection
- option to switch deck backs/art
- clean up sloppy code
- move to gpu rendering

Please let me know if you find any bugs or gameplay issues, or if you have a suggestion for a future release.

DOWNLOAD - https://github.com/keanutah/blackjack-3ds/releases

Last edited by keanutah,

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, will be great!... And here we go! (In bold, I mark terms that I'm not sure):

Cargando
Blackjack 3DS
Dinero
Nueva Mano
Opciones
Salir
Volver
Plantarse en 17 Blando
Pedir en 17 Blando

Seguro
Sin Seguro
Música On
Música Off
Efectos de Sonido On
Efectos de Sonido Off
Estilo de Baraja
Lenguaje
Créditos
Apostar
Pedir
Plantarse
Doblar
Rendirse
Separar Mano
Crupier
Ganó
Perdió
Empate
Detectar

And, about translations: Any problem with different idiomatic characters (letters) to English commonly used?
Wow, thanks so much! Do you mean the characters with accent marks like 'ú' or 'ó'? I don't think they'll be a problem.

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me thinks if the system does not allow you to use another language you could always cheat the system and just make images to replace the spots where the words goes.
Yeah. Either that or try using a different font, I'm just using the basic debugPrint function right now.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah. Either that or try using a different font, I'm just using the basic debugPrint function right now.
That font doesn't allow some ASCII special characters?

Edit: I mean, default system font on debugPrint function.

Last edited by fmkid,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly like how simple and straightforward it is. I have already won and lost thousands or dollars in this game.

Would like to see the ability to use your own card backs. but that is defiantly not a deal breaker. Maybe the one thing I would like to have is more card game choices.

You already seem to have the layout for it, why not branch off it to having several different card games? Just an idea?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Doesn't look like it does, no. I tested it out in Citra (because I still can't get LPP to run on real hardware with themehax for the life of me) and it only showed this:

Y41dNYe.png

Code:
while true do
    Screen.waitVblankStart()
    Screen.refresh()
    Screen.debugPrint(0,0,"Hello World, é, é",Color.new(255,255,255),TOP_SCREEN)
    Screen.flip()
end

Reactions: keanutah

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Doesn't look like it does, no. I tested it out in Citra (because I still can't get LPP to run on real hardware with themehax for the life of me) and it only showed this:

Y41dNYe.png

Code:
while true do
    Screen.waitVblankStart()
    Screen.refresh()
    Screen.flip()
end
Oh... And performing some kind of INT8/HEX to CHAR conversion function (based on ASCII codes), would be possible?

Last edited by fmkid,

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly like how simple and straightforward it is. I have already won and lost thousands or dollars in this game.

Would like to see the ability to use your own card backs. but that is defiantly not a deal breaker. Maybe the one thing I would like to have is more card game choices.

You already seem to have the layout for it, why not branch off it to having several different card games? Just an idea?

More card backs is something I've planned for next version. If you want to though, you can change images/cardback.png right now however.

I've thought about possibly doing some more card games. Some above also suggested Yahtzee which I thought might be fun.

Code:
while true do
    Screen.waitVblankStart()
    Screen.refresh()
    Screen.flip()
end

Lame. Thanks for trying it out!

Oh... And performing some kind of INT8/HEX to CHAR conversion function (based on ASCII codes), would be possible?

Might be but I'm not immediately sure how.

EDIT: Tried this with "string: "..string.char(156), looks like LPP only supports 7 bit ascii

Last edited by keanutah,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Doesn't look like LPP's debugPrint function can handle more than 7 bit ASCII.

It's a limitation of debug font. As the name says, debugPrint should be used only for debugging (so simple strings without any "strange" character).
If you need more advanced printing function, you can use Font module.

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a limitation of debug font. As the name says, debugPrint should be used only for debugging (so simple strings without any "strange" character).
If you need more advanced printing function, you can use Font module.

Yeah, I figured as much, thanks for confirming. Do you know what font debugPrint uses (or emulates)? I'd love to keep the font the same if I can.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Doesn't look like LPP's debugPrint function can handle more than 7 bit ASCII.
Oh!... Well, I think you can replace accent marked chars for normal ones temporarily! After all, maybe also understandable for someone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated