[Release] Blackjack 3DS

Blackjack 3DS

menu_v0.2.png
game_v0.2.png

Blackjack! Game is played with an infinite deck, with support for late surrender, insurance (2-1), doubling down, and splits. And 3D!

Coded with Rinnegatamante's fantastic Lua Player Plus.

Rules: http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/basics/

Current version is v0.4 (compatible with NH2.5)

(Possible) future development

- language selection
- option to switch deck backs/art
- clean up sloppy code
- move to gpu rendering

Please let me know if you find any bugs or gameplay issues, or if you have a suggestion for a future release.

DOWNLOAD - https://github.com/keanutah/blackjack-3ds/releases

Last edited by keanutah,

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't boot for me on 2DS 9.0. Doesn't even show up in the homebrew launcher actually. Using themehax automatic. I also noticed that you're missing the smdh, which might be needed.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Great :lol:

Any other card games you'd be interested in? I may make another when I'm finished with this.
Yeah, some "Texas Hold'em Poker" or "Video Poker" game style will be great! (Second should be easier to do, though)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't boot for me on 2DS 9.0. Doesn't even show up in the homebrew launcher actually. Using themehax automatic. I also noticed that you're missing the smdh, which might be needed.
I just made a custom .smdh for this game (through http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/smdh_creator/). If anyone is interested on it then "Take that!" :lol:

And, BTW for you, having .smdh file is really not necessary!

Attachments

• blackjack-3ds_smdh.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by fmkid,

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. You shouldn't need an smdh, that just contains the icon and text for the launcher, but the launcher will show a default icon/text. Did you place the files in a folder called blackjack-3ds in your 3ds directory?

Yeah, some "Texas Hold'em Poker" or "Video Poker" game style will be great! (Second should be easier to do, though)

I just made a custom .smdh for this game (through http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/smdh_creator/). If anyone is interested on it then "Take that!" :lol:

And, BTW for you, having .smdh file is really not necessary!
Thanks man, I'll definitely check this out

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
It crashed a few times when i loaded it up but when it plays its great :) if possible maybe add a feature to select different types of designs on the cards and maybe a sound effect for winning ?

but it looks awesome keep up the work

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. You shouldn't need an smdh, that just contains the icon and text for the launcher, but the launcher will show a default icon/text. Did you place the files in a folder called blackjack-3ds in your 3ds directory?

My folder was named blackjack3ds and not blackjack-3ds :P. Anyway, great work!

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It crashed a few times when i loaded it up but when it plays its great :) if possible maybe add a feature to select different types of designs on the cards and maybe a sound effect for winning ?

but it looks awesome keep up the work
Any details on what caused the crash? I haven't had any crashes when loading so I'm curious.

More card designs is a great idea, I can definitely do that. Sound effects are also in the pipeline, just gotta find some I like. Probably add the ability to play background music too!

My folder was named blackjack3ds and not blackjack-3ds :P. Anyway, great work!
Yeah, that'll do it. Next release will have a smdh and folder in the zip to make it even easier!

Last edited by keanutah,
Reactions: fmkid

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any details on what caused the crash? I haven't had any crashes when loading so I'm curious.

More card designs is a great idea, I can definitely do that. Sound effects are also in the pipeline, just gotta find some I like. Probably add the ability to play background music too!

I have no idea just wouldnt load thats what i meant and sweet :) oh that even better bgm sounds like a good thing to do :)

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2 is coming out very soon! Lots of new features :) Just need to track down a bug related to settings/money persistence.

- menu logo
- settings (dealer hits soft 17, offer insurance, sound and bgm toggle)
- betting screen
- music and some sound effects
- general bugfixes

Last edited by keanutah,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This looks cool. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

I've got a card based idea, although it might be a bit complicated to implement in a way that makes it work... Tarot reading!
The 'player' shuffles the arcana cards and they're dealt in the classic tarot 'ten card spread'. From the cards dealt it gives the 'player' a fortune reading.

keanutah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks cool. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

I've got a card based idea, although it might be a bit complicated to implement in a way that makes it work... Tarot reading!
The 'player' shuffles the arcana cards and they're dealt in the classic tarot 'ten card spread'. From the cards dealt it gives the 'player' a fortune reading.
Sounds like it's mostly a random number generator? Or is there player action involved in shuffling beside hitting a button to shuffle?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like it's mostly a random number generator? Or is there player action involved in shuffling beside hitting a button to shuffle?
Nah, it would essentially be random. The tricky part would be accurately interpretting the cards drawn, as the order they're drawn, which direction they face, the influence of other cards drawn affecting one another, etc, all create a somewhat unique reading.

...plus, Tarot cards are cool B-)

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's a great idea, I don't know how I didn't think of that! I'll target that for version 3. I'll definitely need some community help with the translations though.
I guess could help with Spanish one! (Some way isn't programming directly involved :lol:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo