Homebrew [release] basicSNESinjector - inject SNES roms into the official VC emulator

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it with at least 4 other cias. I installed them prior to decrypting to make sure they were legit.
It just hangs there.
Like it'll go through four different strings of characters and stop.

Thanks for your swift response btw!

Oh, I forgot to mention you'd need to delete the contents of the "\data" folder (not the folder itself, just the contents). That's where the unpacked CIA is placed. Also make sure you decrypt the CIA using Decrypt9WIP before you attempt to use it with the program.

Reactions: photon_sky

photon_sky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I forgot to mention you'd need to delete the contents of the "\data" folder (not the folder itself, just the contents). That's where the unpacked CIA is placed. Also make sure you decrypt the CIA using Decrypt9WIP before you attempt to use it with the program.

Maybe pics will help with this :D
I uploaded them to a 4 image gallery.
http://imgur.com/a/Niko9
The first pic is to show how I set up the folder.
1 is the decrypted snes vc cia
b 1 E.V.O. is the snes game I'm trying to inject
The second pic is... the program
The third is my input
The fourth is where the program just stops.

Did this help?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The screenshot on the topscreen must be exactly 120x102 pixels, right?

Edit: Also your tool freezes after I put the name of the cia file in the injector window:

error.png

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I looked into it and couldn't duplicate the problem. Maybe try renaming your source CIA to simply "1.cia" as possibly the naming convention might throw off the tools used to process it.

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot..... for this work
Sorry but i cant put super famicom jap banner
only put super snes banner 3d

New 3ds XL EUR luma cfw arm9

Last edited by angelhp,

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
So the SNES VC has to be already a CIA file? I wanted to make an sfc file to cia then inject it to my 3ds... would that be possible with this?

I seem to have no clue how to decrypt an sfc file. the only one I see is for cia decryption...

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the SNES VC has to be already a CIA file? I wanted to make an sfc file to cia then inject it to my 3ds... would that be possible with this?

I seem to have no clue how to decrypt an sfc file. the only one I see is for cia decryption...

You don't decrypt the SFC file. You decrypt the CIA file only.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see... that means I would have to convert the sfc file to cia first? I've been looking around, I don't see any guide about that...

You must obtain an already converted SNES VC CIA to use this tool. This tool will then create a CIA based on the SFC.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get it by buying a SNES VC game and using hourglass9 or decrypt9 to convert it into a cia, or you could find one elsewhere on the internet.

Reactions: NeoUmbreon

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing that these games aren't compatible:

Yoshi's Island
Star Fox
Super Mario RPG
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3

Right. Unless and until Nintendo decides to release one of them and update their Virtual Console emulator to support it.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Unless and until Nintendo decides to release one of them and update their Virtual Console emulator to support it.
I'm sure they will find a way. My old phone that I have had for about 2 years now (despite not have the same specs as the New 3DS) emulated SMRPG perfectly and I beat it with a controller add-on. Also, this was back in 2014. Even KSS, KDL3, and Yoshi's Island worked well without any slowdown or issues whatsoever.

This is probably why SNES games are for N3DS only because they're NO WAY IN HELL that an O3DS could emulate the games that use the SA-1 chip. They lag really badly on my old Xperia Play phone that had built in controls via SNES9X.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Hapapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So where exactly do you place the banner pictures? You just replace the templates, right? At first I kept getting them transparent despite replacing the templates, then I tried another CIA and now I'm just getting the banner from the base CIA (MMX3), and I can't even get the info right even though I edit it in extra info, I just get the Megaman X3 name, Capcom as a publisher, etc. What exactly could I be doing wrong? The injected game is the only thing that works.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where exactly do you place the banner pictures? You just replace the templates, right? At first I kept getting them transparent despite replacing the templates, then I tried another CIA and now I'm just getting the banner from the base CIA (MMX3), and I can't even get the info right even though I edit it in extra info, I just get the Megaman X3 name, Capcom as a publisher, etc. What exactly could I be doing wrong? The injected game is the only thing that works.

Replace the templates in \banner3d\. You will find 3 png images in that folder. Edit/Replace those and make sure to select 3D Banner in the program.

Hapapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ah, selecting 3D Banner did the trick, I was leaving it as "Basic". Thanks a lot for the response and the wonderful work on the program!

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind, after selecting 3d banner it uses the new extended info.

For me it's working fine with the injection. Only problem I have is that it's using the original banner (which is explained above) and it's using the original "extended info", eventhough I've edited it in your app it still uses the original cia's extended info (Name, description)...
Any way to change it manually?

Last edited by Ante0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone