ROM Hack [Release/Announcement] Smb's ohana rebirth

zombone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ETC1a4 compression appears to be making the texture quality take a nosedive when importing an edited one.

Original:
000.png

Edited:
001.png

Any chance this can be fixed? I tried an older version of Ohana that doesn't reduce the quality of the textures, but it saves the bch files too large which causes another issue.

mariosonicds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ETC1a4 compression appears to be making the texture quality take a nosedive when importing an edited one.

Original:
View attachment 71362

Edited:
View attachment 71363

Any chance this can be fixed? I tried an older version of Ohana that doesn't reduce the quality of the textures, but it saves the bch files too large which causes another issue.

Well if I get around to either
A:Upgrading the etc1 compressor from what EFE uses
B:Use a dedicated rgb to etc1 dll that is used in other software.
C:Use tools like Compressonator to generate a etc1 dds, then for etc1a4 use dds+png.

And og ohanaRebirth uses a system that injects a rgba8 texture and changes values in the file, sadly it was in vain since it always resulted in a crash

Last edited by mariosonicds,

mariosonicds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will model replacement be implemented in the future?
In what, sm4sh? Bcuz that uses both bch and mbn, the latter having a tool that doesnt work at this moment, since it's in the same state as b4. I believe we have some work of mbn in SmashForge, but it's not anybetter still.

CrystalLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what, sm4sh? Bcuz that uses both bch and mbn, the latter having a tool that doesnt work at this moment, since it's in the same state as b4. I believe we have some work of mbn in SmashForge, but it's not anybetter still.
Will you update the latter in the future? that's what's giving me the error.

mariosonicds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you update the latter in the future? that's what's giving me the error.
Ill most likey not update it in Ohana, but surely in Smash Forge since we have all the tools for DAE imports and other tools to its expense.
If you want to have your models loaded into it, and use Wii u omos to view anims... Smash Forge

CrystalLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill most likey not update it in Ohana, but surely in Smash Forge since we have all the tools for DAE imports and other tools to its expense.
If you want to have your models loaded into it, and use Wii u omos to view anims... Smash Forge
Oh yeah I had a question about texture editing. It works fine but what about .bin files that don't contain a model and just a texture? How would I replace them?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 214

mariosonicds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah I had a question about texture editing. It works fine but what about .bin files that don't contain a model and just a texture? How would I replace them?
Did you open them in bch texture replacer?

Edit
Can you tell me were this file is so i can add it.

CrystalLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit
Yes, and it gives me an error.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit

Files are in a/0/8/7. There are multiple ones around the 50-200th files which all just have a texture in them, I just used the one posted above as an example.

Last edited by CrystalLink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...