• Likes 22

Professional Shitposter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great! I will try it later!

So try to implement the possibility to switch clock colors.
(For example, at the moment there is set to white, try to implement something that change that white in red/blue/yellow etc etc for example.
I suggest not so definite colors but "shady" because it will results better I think :D

Another thing: try to put as alarm not only the file called "alarm" but it should be have a support of load any music file.
For example if I have 5 audio files on my SD I should select what I prefer and not only alarm

Anyway "as is" it is very minimalist and cool...maybe you can do two versions: one minimalist and one "rainbowed"

...So what should I do?
I had an alarm.wav, in the correct spot, like I said.

Now you can load any WAVs from an "alarms" folder, without requiring a specific filename, and there's also color switching for the big clock!

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Note: Apparently WAVs that are too big (>15-17 MB) won't load. This is probably a bug with lpp-3ds.

lpp-3ds have no bugs for WAVs file (On R2 just a little bug for OGG streaming looping but solved in latest nightly build upload you can found on GitHub).
You're probably not using streaming feature so you can't load files bigger then free RAM.

Professional Shitposter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lpp-3ds have no bugs for WAVs file (On R2 just a little bug for OGG streaming looping but solved in latest nightly build upload you can found on GitHub).
You're probably not using streaming feature so you can't load files bigger then free RAM.
I have a WAV 17MB big which locks up the 3DS when loaded, so I guess I'll enable streaming for WAVs. I haven't checked the latest nightly, will try that out.
When I tried enabling streaming on OGGs, only the first few seconds of the file were playing (looped), must be what you mentioned.

@Rinnegatamante Wait, I do have the latest nightly (18/09), so I think the problem here is me not knowing how to use streaming :P
Do I have to use the updateStream() function? And if so, when?

Last edited by 730,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have a WAV 17MB big which locks up the 3DS when loaded, so I guess I'll enable streaming for WAVs. I haven't checked the latest nightly, will try that out.
When I tried enabling streaming on OGGs, only the first few seconds of the file were playing (looped), must be what you mentioned.

@Rinnegatamante Wait, I do have the latest nightly (18/09), so I think the problem here is me not knowing how to use streaming :P
Do I have to use the updateStream() function? And if so, when?

Sound.updateStream() should be called in your main loop (or whenever you're assuming to have a sound reproduced with streaming.

Reactions: 730

Professional Shitposter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I noticed another things in your code, it seems you use only one audiochannel for your files.
I suggest you to use a set of dual channels to enable support for stereo files.
Oh, it's those hex numbers? My knowledge isn't very advanced so yeah... Looking at the Sunshell code, should the last 2 parameters of Sound.play() be 0x08 and 0x09?

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I saw that, though it's not a very widely used format, mostly used on Mac/iPods right? OGGs seem like the way to go.

Vorbis audiocodec (used by OGG containers) is the best audiocodec in the world so yeah, anyone should use only these files. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorbis

Reactions: 730

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place