• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some one tell me what the different Memory configs do in this picture? I use this program but im not sure what the benefits are for changing the Memory Config if any? lol :)

z6pRYql.png

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this all situated installed fine after deleting what you showed then went to play Sims bustin out ( I installed the cia I made with your convertor program used the game as the footer and installed onto emunand )and it gave a black bottom screen power off error ... WAHH is there a compatibility list for this ;O_O;

herolarcio

The difference is night and day.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I followed all the steps for the O3DS and patched the cia but when I install it again and go to run my gba games, I still error.

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this all situated installed fine after deleting what you showed then went to play Sims bustin out ( I installed the cia I made with your convertor program used the game as the footer and installed onto emunand )and it gave a black bottom screen power off error ... WAHH is there a compatibility list for this ;O_O;

Hm. I followed all the steps for the O3DS and patched the cia but when I install it again and go to run my gba games, I still error.

This is perfectly normal if you're trying to run the game from an unlinked EmuNAND and you didn't install the cia of the game on both EmuNAND and SysNAND. You have to do that, because when the AGB_FIRM (Nintendo's "emulator" that runs the game) loads it will run as if it ran from SysNAND even if you're launching it from withing EmuNAND. So it will look for the game in the folder of your SD that belongs to SysNAND and it will not find it there, this will cause the error.

TL;DR - Install the .cia of the game to both SysNAND and EmuNAND and it will work from both.

Harromann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hm, did that. Works on SysNAND but not on EmuNAND (black screen, no error). Might be because I'm using rxtools but have installed the patched AGB_FIRM?

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, did that. Works on SysNAND but not on EmuNAND (black screen, no error). Might be because I'm using rxtools but have installed the patched AGB_FIRM?

That's strange, it works for me. Where did you install the patched AGB_FIRM? On EmuNAND or SysNAND?
I have tried both installing it on SysNAND and not installing it at all (but never installing it on EmuNAND) and it runs great in both cases (RXTools auto patches your AGB_FIRM, no point in doing it yourself).

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure. I'll just delete the title from both EmuNAND and SysNAND and will try again!
I would recommend at least installing the original GBA emu for your EmuNAND in case RXTools is trying to patch it in RAM in realtime and fails because the file is not what it expects. Also if you're using an updated version of FBI you don't need to manually delete it, it will ask if you want to overwrite it when installing the same cia file and it will delete it for you before installing it again. So that's much safer and saves you the risk from accidentally deleting the wrong file if you're doing it manually.

Last edited by psvpwner,

Harromann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hm, I'm at a loss now. I installed the unpatched AGB_FIRM in both SysNAND and EmuNAND and also installed the newest rxtools nightly.
Result in pastamode (SysNAND): Error has occured (expected because it's the unpatched AGB_FIRM)
Result in rxmode (EmuNAND): Black screen

When I install the patched AGB_FIRM in SysNAND I can play games from there but in EmuNAND it's the same deal. Black screen.

herolarcio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is perfectly normal if you're trying to run the game from an unlinked EmuNAND and you didn't install the cia of the game on both EmuNAND and SysNAND. You have to do that, because when the AGB_FIRM (Nintendo's "emulator" that runs the game) loads it will run as if it ran from SysNAND even if you're launching it from withing EmuNAND. So it will look for the game in the folder of your SD that belongs to SysNAND and it will not find it there, this will cause the error.

TL;DR - Install the .cia of the game to both SysNAND and EmuNAND and it will work from both.

After much experimentation I found that out on my own. I was having issues with installing cias on sysnand but now I have no issues as I rebuilt the databases.
Then I updated my emuNAND to 10.3, still works like a charm.

(Edit GAH! The button stuck as my internet lagged, nothing was happening, and it posted 5 times. I'm sorry ;-;)

Last edited by herolarcio,
D

Deleted User

I installed the patched N3DS version and it installed with no issues but GBA games all just give me a black screen and I need to reboot my system. This is what happened before installing the patch too. Im using RXTools on 9.5 emuNAND New 3DS.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using an O3DS with rxTools 3.0, sysNAND 9.2 and emuNAND 10.3. I've installed and deleted several times the AGB_FIRM, i've installed the gba roms on both nands and i got the same error.
dstwo-3.jpg

herolarcio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an O3DS with rxTools 3.0, sysNAND 9.2 and emuNAND 10.3. I've installed and deleted several times the AGB_FIRM, i've installed the gba roms on both nands and i got the same error.
dstwo-3.jpg

I'd say try installing them to sysNAND and running the games from there.

Also, make sure you replace agb_firm in both nands as well

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say try installing them to sysNAND and running the games from there.
Also, make sure you replace agb_firm in both nands as well

mhhh, i can't see the games in the sysNAND. When i install the games on the sysNAND they appear as a black icon on my emuNAND. D:

I'll try to install afb_firm on emuNAND.

herolarcio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
np, thanks anyway.

Btw, can't install the firm on emuNAND. "Description: Invalid Combination (0x3ee). @herolarcio

Ah! You know your database files? On both NANDs just simply edit them both, and then go to data management and they'll generate new ones because you've essentially corrupted them, then FBI will install stuff without an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...